Main difference between Wattage vs Voltage on VV/VW mods?/ Intro of me =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Hey guys! I am pretty new to this whole vape thing. Started out a little over a month ago with an e-Go ctwist 650mah battery, couldn't handle how quick I went through a charge, plus started gaining an appreciation for the better vape that comes with higher quality mods.

I did a lot of research and decided to dive into my first somewhat decent set up. I went with the iTaste SVD with the Kanger (Kangar?) ProTank. So far I love it. After looking at the 'post pics of your mods', I have a little more of an idea on what I want next, and that is definitely some kind of Mech mod. I know nothing about Mechs and drip vaping other than the 2-3 puffs I took off a buddies and it was AMAZING. Anyway, my main question was: What difference do you guys notice when vaping in PM (Wattage) vs Voltage mode? Depending on my juice, I bounce back n forth, on PM I am normally around 7.0-9.0w, and 3.8-5.0v. However I am not sure I notice any real difference from vaping at 7.0w vs 3.8v (or whatever the case may be). So, which do you guys prefer and why?

Also, I have been purchasing all my stuff from a local vape shop. The guys are really cool and knowledgeable, but I KNOW I can find stuff cheaper online. Could anyone point me in the right direction for quality (domestic, I already know about FastTech) mods/tanks, as well as juices? I have only tried the juices they sell at the store and it's getting pricey. I am paying ~$14 for a 15ml of juice after tax. Nice thing is I get to try them all before I purchase them.

Anyway, thanks for any and all the help and it's nice to have found this place!

~Cloudz

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Voltage is how much power gets put into the coil. Wattage is how much power is coming through and out of it. They both do the same thing (generate heat), VW is just a better way to fine tune your vape for maximum flavor/vapor production without having to recoil your atty. VV works by delivering a constant flow of voltage, and VW is a computer controlled pulsing current to moderate the heat being generated.

As far as those pricey liquids go you could always get all the supplies you need to make it yourself, for around 40 bucks for 300+ml of juice and a few bottles of flavoring.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Voltage is how much power gets put into the coil. Wattage is how much power is coming through and out of it. They both do the same thing (generate heat), VW is just a better way to fine tune your vape for maximum flavor/vapor production without having to recoil your atty. VV works by delivering a constant flow of voltage, and VW is a computer controlled pulsing current to moderate the heat being generated.

As far as those pricey liquids go you could always get all the supplies you need to make it yourself, for around 40 bucks for 300+ml of juice and a few bottles of flavoring.

Thank you for such a quick response!! Great info, thank you very much!

Is that right? All kinds of different flavors as well? Could you guide me in the right direction to a supplier? Thank you VERY much!

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Also, I have been purchasing all my stuff from a local vape shop. The guys are really cool and knowledgeable, but I KNOW I can find stuff cheaper online. Could anyone point me in the right direction for quality (domestic, I already know about FastTech) mods/tanks, as well as juices? I have only tried the juices they sell at the store and it's getting pricey. I am paying ~$14 for a 15ml of juice after tax. Nice thing is I get to try them all before I purchase them.

The best route to go is definitely DIY. I haven't attempted this yet but have been looking in to the whole process. I'd much rather start making my own so I can customize flavors to what I think they should taste like.

The Vape Book

That link is essentially a "vapers diy bible" Lol. There's also TONS of links to vendors if you are looking for the best prices while still getting quality juices.

BigCloudz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
So Cal
Wow, thank you all very much! VERY helpful stuff here.

On a side note/question, what is your guys personal preference on vg/pg ratio? I tend to like a bit more vapor (hence the name :p), but don't wanna end up without any kind of throat hit. I typically vape 12mg nicotine and have never tried anything other than 50/50.. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread