• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Maine Tobacco and Vape Shop in Bangor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Hi callmecletus, we go to Calais occasionally, it's a nice trip up there.

Thanks for mentioning Good Life Vapor, I'll check them out. I was needing some good juice to get me completely off the analogs. Most of the stuff I had was tobacco flavored with flavoring added, but I couldn't taste the flavors. The tobacco flavoring was too strong. I want my vapors to be something I look forward to, like dessert or candy. I never was crazy about the flavor of tobacco, but I really crave the nicotine. I still need 24 in juice to keep me satisfied, otherwise I crave a cigarette.

I was smoking peach Deans little cigars after the cigarette taxes went up, but then they stopped selling those, and I went back to the unflavored ones.

I'm enjoying vaping much more now that I've got some juice that actually tastes good! I've got three PVs loaded up, one with caramel candy, one with butterscotch, and one with sour candy, and I vape whatever treat I feel like having throughout the day. Much better than little cigars!

callmecletus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Downeast Maine
Kathi, I agree it's nice to have a variety of flavors loaded up to choose from, depending what strikes your fancy at any given time. It gets to be an addiction all its own. Before you know it you will have a fleet of PVs and rows is tank lined up, but at least you have something to show for your money, instead of it going up in smoke.

I was a cigarette smoker for 20+ years. Quit in 2008, but started smoking black and mild cigars in 2011 and also got back in to chewing tabacco. This past summer I got my first Ego kit and haven't touched tabacco since. I started out at 18mg but am done to 12mg now. I am a heavy vaper though, usually 5-6ml per day.

I have tried about a dozen juices from good life, and about that many different juice vendors, so if I can help with any questions let me know. I can also point you to some good sources for hardware and supplies.

Sent from the backwoods of Maine.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
One of my cheapo ego batteries started doing weird things last Saturday, so I went back and got a 1300 Spinner to go with my other Spinner, and a ProTank III. I wanted an AeroTank, but he didn't have any. The PT3 took some getting used to, but I like it.

I really only want glass tanks, and now I finally have one. The guy there thought the MT3S was glass, and that's why I bought it last time, but it's not. Oh well, I like it anyway, I'll just have to be careful what I put into it.

Next time, I may try one of those tanks you put a cartomizer into.

cessnapix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Northeast
Hey guys I live here in Bangor and You should really try the DIY juice thing. There are some very easy and nice juices flavors to start with. So much cheaper and the Ratios you want. I can't handle the pg levels at the shop in Bangor! When I walked out all I could smell was like a cheap mens cologne smell all over me that just would not go away. The juice bar thing is a great idea, but I can not recommend their juice unless you can handle that high of a pg ratio. The prices on Mods and accessories are decent and was very surprised at most of them.

If any of you are interested in DIY juice PM me or I can post some links here if you like. I can get you pointed in the right directions. you will not look back!

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
Got my mvp2 there for about 10$ mor then online so I was happy about that. Got the green ice grin there to start with. Relish. It's a mild green apple with a menthol as well. Really enjoy it. I did sample there maple on there tasting bar, liked it so I bought w bottle and it tastes NOTHING like what I sampled.. Tastes like banana bread. And I don't like banana at all. it's been steeping for about 2 weeks and still smells/tastes like banana. Dont know if it's a bad batch or inconstant. But I'll be sticking to green ice and ordering online. Allot of flavors on the bar are alright, just allot have a ehh exhale

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Got my mvp2 there for about 10$ mor then online so I was happy about that. Got the green ice grin there to start with. Relish. It's a mild green apple with a menthol as well. Really enjoy it. I did sample there maple on there tasting bar, liked it so I bought w bottle and it tastes NOTHING like what I sampled.. Tastes like banana bread. And I don't like banana at all. it's been steeping for about 2 weeks and still smells/tastes like banana. Dont know if it's a bad batch or inconstant. But I'll be sticking to green ice and ordering online. Allot of flavors on the bar are alright, just allot have a ehh exhale

I was quite happy with their prices too. They weren't that much higher than on line.

I really like their Caramel Candy, but a lot of the juices didn't have that much flavor.

We need them to get AW IMR batteries. I mentioned it when I was in last week. I need a 18350 for my Coolfire I, but all he had were no name protected Lithium Ion ones. The Coolfire says it needs unprotected batteries, and I have read about the explosions of those unknown LIon ones. The AW ones are better than efest, and the Starfire ones are dangerous, so I hope he doesn't decide to get one of those brands if he does get the IMRs.

I don't think he listened when I showed him the no name LIon one I had and told him why I was afraid to use it.

I will probably have to send for some batteries on line, but would love it if I could get them locally.

jwjordan322

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
United States
Tried getting some coils there yesterday but were out of stock of the iclear 30 :\ so had to order online. And they very much seem like what they have is what they have.. I'd love to see them expand considering there the only place north of Augusta area selling ecig products, and I'd much rather do my business local then online.

I'd also love to see attys in stock to be used for dripping, but I asked about those the last time I was in, and I don't think he knew really what I was talking about.

Not knocking them, they do hedge great customer service, and are really friendly.

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Tried getting some coils there yesterday but were out of stock of the iclear 30 :\ so had to order online. And they very much seem like what they have is what they have.. I'd love to see them expand considering there the only place north of Augusta area selling ecig products, and I'd much rather do my business local then online.

I'd also love to see attys in stock to be used for dripping, but I asked about those the last time I was in, and I don't think he knew really what I was talking about.

Not knocking them, they do hedge great customer service, and are really friendly.

I tried to get the i30 coils there last week. At least they had the rest of the coils I needed though. I'm glad you mentioned the drippers, I was wishing I had looked for some there, but forgot. At least, now I know I didn't miss anything.

They do have very nice customer service, and I try to buy what I can from them as well. I was surprised at how much they have, and a lot of it is nice stuff. Hopefully, they will expand even more, since they seem to be doing a really good business with the e-cig stuff. I wish we were a little closer to Bangor though, I'd love to be able to go there every week!

kathi17

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Stonington, ME, USA
Went to the Waterville shop today picked up a couple iclear16b's and a iclear 30b. Nice to have product in hand and not wait for shippjng. Also picked up some Vanilla Butternut juice, not bad. I'll be going there alot more Im sure. Nice to have it local, 10 minute drive from home or so.

I wish they would open a store in Ellsworth, I hardly ever get to Bangor.

The Cigarette Shopper in Ellsworth only orders the crappy stuff, and the other Cigarette shop is even worse. They only order non-standard stuff so you are stuck using that brand only.

At least at the Cigarette Shopper, they are interested in looking at my good stuff and smelling my good juice. The other one up the hill is nasty about my good stuff and better juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread