Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Are you using it on a VV pv or a set voltage pv? If on a VV try lowering the voltage, if using it on a set voltage pv, how many ohm coil is it? You may need to make a coil with more wraps to increase the ohms(resistance). It's always a good idea to have a multimeter or a pv that can accurately measure ohms.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I received my Cobra yesterday and I still have not been able to get it to taste right. I'm not really sure what could cause this. Any ideas? Tips for a first time rba owner?

your ohms and volts are good. if all coils are firing up evenly thats good. if you were to drip a good bit of juice directly on the wick as well as a full tank of juice does that still tastes burnt? if not it could be a wicking issue.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
It's on my provari, it's reading 1.5 ohms and I haven't gone over 3.7 volts

personally, id go down .1 or .2v
secondly, when you tip the pv without the top cap on the atty, do you see juice flowing down the wick and pooling at each coil wrap? if not, you may not be wicking to your potential. you can cut the bottom of your wick at a 45 degree angle to improve wicking.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
sometime the taste won't fully get right until the coil and wick have had a chance to "break in" a lil bit.

Something else to check, is there any wrap of the coil that is sitting away from the wick a lil bit? If there is a part of the coil that's not right up next to the wick then this can cause a slight hot spot that might not be visibly noticeable but can affect taste, if it's not too far away from the coil then it should improve with break in time.

To speed up break-in a lil bit, tilt the atty down (to force juice to the wick) while firing it for a few seconds, then do that a couple more times. this will kinda force a light buildup of a juice layer, should help with taste and wicking.

Keep at it.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
next on the list would be how did you roll the wick solid or a tube? sometimes a solidly rolled wick doesnt wick fast enough.

then there is the air hole lining up if its off the wick sometimes it taste burnt.

then there is the voltage. try to lower the voltage and when taking a hit let it fire a sec before toking on it, dont try to make it pour out plumes of vaper the millisecond you fire the button, this was my favorite mistake when starting out. i have some 1.5ish coils here and usually vape around 3.2-3.5 range. depending on the juice.

i have found from sitting here staring at them even when you dont think there is a hot spot watch the juice sizzle on the coil if only one or two wraps is getting gunky or build up while the others stay clean it is not heating evenly and will produce an off taste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread