major RTA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
Okay you all helped me out tremendously, but now I have a new problem. I ordered and received a UWell D2 RTA. I unboxed it and built using the original coils that came with, everything was great and it worked perfectly. This morning I took it apart to change the cotton. Put it all back together went to go take a puff and got pretty much what felt like a quarter bottle of juice in my mouth. Took it apart and redid it, same scenario, took it apart again same scenario, took it apart of third time, check to make sure all gaskets where in place and they are put it back together and got an absolute Mouse full of juice again. Does anybody know about this RTA that can help me out please? I am at my wit's end with this thing, when I did it the first time everything was perfect and I loved it worked perfectly. I've already wasted a tremendous amount of juice trying to do this.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
Yes it recognizes the tank, yes it is firing the coils, 10 is protruding correctly, there is no juice on the 510 pin, yes the coil is tightened down the only difference is I took it down to a one coil build, when I had two coils in there I did not have this problem. But I thought the uwell D2 RTA can be a single or double build

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes it recognizes the tank, yes it is firing the coils, 10 is protruding correctly, there is no juice on the 510 pin, yes the coil is tightened down the only difference is I took it down to a one coil build, when I had two coils in there I did not have this problem. But I thought the uwell D2 RTA can be a single or double build

If you Only use One Coil in a Dual Coil RTA there is No Cotton in the 2nd Coil's inlets to hold the e-Liquid back.

d2-7_8edf1ebf-873d-4b87-a7bd-3c64d3048a66.jpg

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
If you Only use One Coil in a Dual Coil RTA there is No Cotton in the 2nd Coil's inlets to hold the e-Liquid back.

d2-7_8edf1ebf-873d-4b87-a7bd-3c64d3048a66.jpg
I was thinking the same thing, but when I looked up the rua I could have sworn I saw it say "single or double build" I guess I'm wrong. I will do a double build and try it. It makes sense what you said, I guess I misread somewhere.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I was thinking the same thing, but when I looked up the rua I could have sworn I saw it say "single or double build" I guess I'm wrong. I will do a double build and try it. It makes sense what you said, I guess I misread somewhere.

I'm Not really familiar with that RTA. But it could be that there is a Single Coil Deck that you can put in that RTA?

Else, you could Plug the 2nd Air Inlet in the Deck with a Bamboo BBQ Skewer. Or something Similar. And then Pack some Dummy Cotton into the e-Liquid Inlets so you could use it in a Single Coil Mode.

Straydonkey

Nov 24, 2020
Palm Beach Florida
I'm Not really familiar with that RTA. But it could be that there is a Single Coil Deck that you can put in that RTA?

Else, you could Plug the 2nd Air Inlet in the Deck with a Bamboo BBQ Skewer. Or something Similar. And then Pack some Dummy Cotton into the e-Liquid Inlets so you could use it in a Single Coil Mode.
lol I wouldn't feel safe sticking a skewer in there LOL

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
But shrimp flavor vape, you know someone out there would try it lol
Yep. Off the top of my head I can think of 3 folks from the Random DIY thread who would try it. And one for certain would buy the Shrimp flavor to make some juice with. IIRC she has a bacon flavor AND likes it. :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    only difference is I took it down to a one coil build, when I had two coils in there I did not have this problem.

That's a dual coil tank. You cannot use it as a single coil simply by just installing one coil/wick because the juice wells where the other coil should be installed don't have wick to absorb the juice in these well.

There is a solution to turn this into a single coil tank. Easiest solution is to go to Walmart and buy their Equate brand of moldable silicone earplugs and use a piece of that to plug up both the juice ports and air intake where the second coil should be. It won't be the most flavorful tank, but it makes it a vapable single coil tank.

I'll post a picture soon of what I mean.

-----------------------

Edited to add:

Here's the pic. As you can see both of the juice wells and the air intake on the one side of the deck are all completely plugged up with once piece of moldable ear plug. It's not even a whole ear plug, just a part of one. Breaks apart like play dough.

It's important to plug up the air intake and not just the juice wells because that extra air coming into the tank on the side where there is no coil will really kill the flavor.

xIv4RYe.jpg

Authentic Velocity plug shown below doesn't fit the D2's deck because juice well and air intake dimensions are too different.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Straydonkey
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread