Making my first DIY (18650 battery) Sx350 Box Mod - NEED HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portertown

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
I have not seen anyone talk about a fuse for safety! On my mod I used an automotive mini fuse 7.5 amps for the DNA20 with one 18650.

On my SX350 mod with two 18650 batteries (parallel) that I am building I am using two of the Littelfuse 7.5amp mini automotive fuses. These fuses will blow at 10.2 amps in less than one second. I am using them to protect the batteries from each other incase I install a battery reversed. This is the only reason for the fuses as the SX350 has built in protection after you have relocated the negative wire on the board.

DNF18-110FIB-M Panduit | Mouser
I am using these connectors, soldering one to each positive tab on the Keystone 1048 battery holder for one side of each fuse to plug into. For the other side of the fuses I will place another of these connectors on each of two wires which will be joined for the positive feed to the chip/board. The two fuses will set between the two positive tabs of the battery holder and not increase it's length at all. The connectors soldered to the positive battery holder tabs will hold the fuses in place.

Last edited:

lambjr88

Oct 14, 2013
California
On my SX350 mod with two 18650 batteries (parallel) that I am building I am using two of the Littelfuse 7.5amp mini automotive fuses. These fuses will blow at 10.2 amps in less than one second. I am using them to protect the batteries from each other incase I install a battery reversed. This is the only reason for the fuses as the SX350 has built in protection after you have relocated the negative wire on the board.

DNF18-110FIB-M Panduit | Mouser
I am using these connectors, soldering one to each positive tab on the Keystone 1048 battery holder for one side of each fuse to plug into. For the other side of the fuses I will place another of these connectors on each of two wires which will be joined for the positive feed to the chip/board. The two fuses will set between the two positive tabs of the battery holder and not increase it's length at all. The connectors soldered to the positive battery holder tabs will hold the fuses in place.

Would u be able to show some picks of the set up cuz I'm having trouble with the parallel 18650s on my sx350 mod it only works on single 18650 and I don't know if I should add fuses to make the parallel set up or just make it a 26650 set up since the chip is being updated to 50 or 100 watts it's going to need more power and it's not safe for a single 18650 battery

Proetus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Western Mass
Because a fuse with the SX350 is a redundancy (probably with the DNA chips too), not a requirement. The chips should trip the circuit if need be.

$3 in fuses is well worth it to protect your chip and face. Do some more reading. There are many reasons to use fuses other then just protecting the board.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
$3 in fuses is well worth it to protect your chip and face. Do some more reading. There are many reasons to use fuses other then just protecting the board.

+10000 regarding fuses in a box mod. It is mandatory to solder in fuse protection for each battery, IMO. Sure, it makes the build more complicated, but it makes it better and safer. :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread