Making my first purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

m8rixguy

Oct 15, 2009
I am hoping to get advice with regards to my first purchase. Follows is some information that might help with your opinions:

Household of 4 smokers. My wife and I will be the first to try the e-cig and the other 2 will probably follow shortly after.

I am a 2 pack a day smoker, wife is more like 1 pack or less.

I work from home in front of a computer and rarely need to drive far. Though I do spend a lot of after work time at my son and daughter's baseball / softball practices and games.

My plan is to purchase from Nhaler and follows is my order (unprocessed) as of now:

Joye Tech 510 Elite Kit
KR808D-1 - Ultimate Starter Kit
Joye Tech 510 Atomizers (1) makes three total
Joye Tech 510 Manual batteries (1) makes 3 total
Joye Tech pre-filled 510 Carts (1 - 5 pack) 555
16mg KR808D-1Nhaler Cartomizers Pack Of Five
24mg KR808D-1Nhaler Cartomizers Pack Of Five High Strength ONLY

I have researched some and decided to purchase two different e-cigs to see if we notice a difference.

What do you think? Am I missing something?

Better yet, for those of you who have been vaping for awhile, how would you start / purchase?

Thanks in advance,
John

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
That's a good start with 2 models to check out. Good move I think you will end up really loving the KR808D-1 and tolerating the 510 but liking the throat hit on it.

You might want to pick up some juice so you can refill your carts. Even the KR808D-1 carts can be refilled so be sure to grab 30ml of juice at least for the 2 of you to share and test out.

Spare atomizers I see are on your list for the 510 so your set there. Just add some juice and perhaps another pack of KR808D-1 carts. I would also recommend that you get a passthrough for when your vaping at home or at the PC. It hits much stronger than a E-Cig that is just the battery. The big thing you need though is some juice on that order, other than that it's a good
initial order.

You didn't go overboard but you won't get caught without juice or carts waiting on your next order. If you only ordered the one pack of carts for the 510 you will be needing juice for sure. Those only last about 3-5 cigarettes worth despite the claims. That's just the 3 piece units, the cartomizers last a longer, roughly 24 hrs for me and my smoking style which was about 1-2 packs a day before I quit.

Like I said throw in some juice on your order, some extra carts, and perhaps a passthrough which I think you will find you really do love once you compare it to your regular E-Cig.

Last edited:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
You're buying from the JuiceMeister.. so smart money says that there will be a freebie or two of juice in there anyway.... but just to be safe, I'd take a wild guess at favorite flavors and get some small bottles while you're at it. Both for putting in the 510, and refilling the carts on the 808D-1.

But it looks to me like you have chosen wisely.

lotus14

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
Columbia SC
Those are 2 great products from a great supplier. You will need liquid for refills. Like most people you probably think you want the closest flavor to your old cigs and then will be stunned by how much you love Banana Cream or Grape!

NHALER sells 6ml sample bottles for only $4 each. Get a bunch and try 'em out. Have fun :)

BTW, the coupon code saveinnj will save you 10% on your order at checkout.

Reboot

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Southern Maine
If you plan on vaping while you are out and about for any length of time you will probably be wise to invest in a PCC (Personal Charging Case). 510 batteries get sucked dry pretty quick and the PCC is a great way to recharge on the go. I couldn't vape without mine (but I don't work at home ;))

If you get the PCC you could probably do without the 3rd 510 battery (in my experience, 2 is all I need).

m1273c

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Texas, U.S.A.
"I am a 2 pack a day smoker, wife is more like 1 pack or less."

I noticed this sentence and then noticed you ordered 16mg and 24mg strengths. These strengths will probably be "too much" for your wife's "1 pack or less" per day habit. You might want to get some Low - Med level juice and/or carts.

I say this because I was a 1-2 or 2.5 pack/day MB Ultra Light 100's (chain-smoke at intervals) smoker and initially bought 18,24, & 36mg cartridges. I found out quickly that this much mg was way too much for ME. I have since had to drop down to 8mg - 11mg carts.

Just thought I would share to try to help. :)

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I think the nicotine level needed to satisfy cravings is different for every person depending on their ability to absorb nicotine. I don't think you will know until you try each strength. I smoked a pack and a half of camel menthols a day and now vape 24mg all day and sometimes throw in some 36mg if I am having a bad craving. If you smoke 2 packs a day, I would definitely buy the 24mg liquid. If it is too strong, you can buy some VG or PG and cut the strength to where you like it. You can always cut down but you can't cut lower nicotine liquid up without some high strength unflavored liquid. Vg is cheap and can be bought many places like drug stores. Good luck.

AshHole

ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2009
    Pinellas County, Fl
    As was once said in a movie: You, have chosen wisely...

The only thing I would offer you, as others have, is to get a bunch of NHalers/drews sampler bottles of juices - he has great juice, and his service is unparalelled in my book! If you end up with 2 (or 5) that you dont like - list them on the classifieds here - Nhalers juice will be sold almost immediately!

My first purhase I only ordered carts and was very unhappy 2 days later, I needed refills and had not ordered any juice. I went 2 days sneaking analogs until my juice came in!

Get a variety of strengths and flavors (even try his HighVoltage stuff - its lower in nic but wonderful flavor!)- and do not be stubborn like me and aviod the fruit/sweet flavors - once I did finally taste them I am now hooked!

Also - having 1 charger for me was inconvenient - I run 2 chargers to keep up with me and my wife - and I am soon buying a 5 battery charger (or a big battery mod...)

m8rixguy

Oct 15, 2009
    Thanks for all your input. I took your recommendations and added some more juice ( a bunch of 6ml flavors at different mg levels) and although it would not let me add a passthrough I asked for one to be added in the comment section.

If I enjoy vaping (which I'm sure I will) I will be sending out another order very soon to get some different flavors and more carts.

Again, thanks for you input, put my mind at ease a bit.

John

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread