Making the move to sub-ohm, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumRock

Jul 1, 2017
Hey all, need some help. I've always used the small pen style ecigs and currently using 36mg, 1.8ohm, at 13 watts through an Innokin VV4. I've had my eye on the Smoke v8 or comparable pen style mod. I know they output at higher wattages because of the lower ohms and I need help in stepping down the nicotine level to adjust for the higher temps and more vapor production.
Also, on another note, I like the Smoke v8 but I'm not set on it mainly because of it not being adjustable. Any other options this community can give me would be appreciated. I actively carry it in my pocket or lay it on it's side, so it would have to be decently leak-resistant.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Agree with trying max 6mg sub-ohm. I went from 1&1/2+ PAD cold turkey to 6mg using the Stick V8, 6mg was pushing it. 5 days in dropped to 4.5mg then 5 days later again dropped to 3mg.

While the Stick V8 is solid not only is voltage/wattage not adjustable the first dozen or so pulls after charging tend to be noticeably hotter. Upgraded to Smok GX2/4 8 days into vaping and love it. In 2 batt mode like an Alien only smaller, in 4 batt mode like a GX350 but a bit bigger. Oh and paint finish superior on the GX2/4 versus Alien. Not anodized more like a pearl paint with clear coat. Time will tell how much better it holds up.

Reactions: cloudbusting

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
My current favorite Atty is the OBS Engine. Been vaping on one for months. No I don't have bragging rights about how many watts I push out. I'm only around 40 watts on a .18 ohm atomizer. But the flavor is the best. I buy a premade Clapton Coil and install on the deck. I then change the cotton every 3 days or so if I'm vaping NET , or months if a clear mixture.

The OBS Engine Nano is easy to fill. Holds alot. Never spills and provides Uber Flavor. Air comes in from the top so you avoid the sputtering and leaking that you encounter in bottom airflow setups.

Very reasonable too. at around $21.00
OBS Engine Nano RTA Tank

I used to vape a TFV8 Crown etc.. but compared to my rig flavor is muted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread