FDA manufacturers window future, zero nic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trying

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
usa
The zero Nic market has always had a large presence in the E-cigarette market but recently I believe that I have been seeing more promotion from manufacturers of the zero nicotine option. I am wondering if the big manufacturers are giving us a window into where they believe the market is heading ?

Of coarse there is a great deal of speculation of the exact effect of the pending tobacco regulations but speculation is free and when it comes time to committing resources based upon the best information they have of FDA's intent there appears to be a little hedging of bets by staking out a presence in the zero Nicotine market.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The zero Nic market has always had a large presence in the E-cigarette market but recently I believe that I have been seeing more promotion from manufacturers of the zero nicotine option. I am wondering if the big manufacturers are giving us a window into where they believe the market is heading ?

Of coarse there is a great deal of speculation of the exact effect of the pending tobacco regulations but speculation is free and when it comes time to committing resources based upon the best information they have of FDA's intent there appears to be a little hedging of bets by staking out a presence in the zero Nicotine market.

I tend to doubt your premise: "I believe that I have been seeing more promotion from manufacturers of the zero nicotine option."

Zero nic has always been an option from almost all vendors. I don't see a 'push' for zero nic, even though some might think that it is a 'solution' to the regulations. I'm not one of that 'some'.

I think the action of vaping, not the content, is what mostly disturbs many of those 'who know what's best for us', and some regulators - Mitch Zeller, esp. - have thought that even non-nicotine devices and components will be considered 'tobacco products' by their own interpretations. Whether that is set in stone or whether that can be challenged in the courts is another matter. Regardless, 'zero nic' is not a guarantee against any bans or restrictions.

And even if it were a guarantee, there will be again 'some' in the regulatory community, (and some within our own ranks) that will question the other components used for vaping even zero nic - the metal, plastic, PG, VG and flavorings. That 'we know what's best for you' is a strong dark force that continues and adjusts to people trying to avoid such use of coercion on individuals and their rights. If anything needs 'banned', it is that ideology and the people who give it force. And I might add, those who promote zero nic only in order to avoid them, actually empower them by giving in to them.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
What Kent said. With bells on

To go classical: once you pay the danegeld, you're never rid of the Dane. Antis are Danes, through and through: they won't stop until they've destroyed whatever it is they've declared themselves against. Any capitulation to them only encourages their next step (and believe me, there's always a next step)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
What Kent said. With bells on

To go classical: once you pay the danegeld, you're never rid of the Dane. Antis are Danes, through and through: they won't stop until they've destroyed whatever it is they've declared themselves against. Any capitulation to them only encourages their next step (and believe me, there's always a next step)

Huh? The Anti's are more like the Normans. I'm Danish.... and a Saxon :) But thanks lol.

Reactions: mamabear15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread