The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MAP Tank Mod

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by hairball, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. floridamale

floridamale Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida

I believe you need to use a extension to clear the button

2. AngeLsLuv

AngeLsLuv Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hi FloridaMale,

Ah.. I was thinking about that the other night.. On the top of your head, do you know anywhere that has them (or am I just wishful thinking?? *VVBS*

Florida.. Oh boy, to live there... In Pennsylvania it's snowing again.. For the past week it seems like it has barely stopped... aaauuuggghhh!!!

3. VpnDrgn

VpnDrgn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2010
    Gulfport, MS.
  4. Tasteles

Tasteles Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Ohio, USA
    My daughter turned 18 a few months back, you'll know when you're doing a good job when your daughter tells you all her boyfriends have been scared of you. And yes, I do keep loaded weapons in the house! :)

5. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
  6. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hahaha!!!

Whooo-Hooo Keep it up and by the time she gets married, her hubby won't pull anything on her since he will instinctively know you'll kick his tush if he pulls anything

7. floridamale

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida
    Sorry can't post links to other suppliers.

8. floridamale

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida
    Before I would try the MAP Tank mod above I would just get a Mini MAP that way no cutting the tank. Just use CE2 XL's in them, figure out the lenght to cut the CE2 and you would be good to go. The Mini MAPs are 1/2 inch shorther then the full size MAPs

9. mikecup

mikecup Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2010
    Peninsula, Ohio
    I walk around the house and in public (concealed)with my Glock 30 in my shoulder holster (full mag and one in the chamber) all the time.
    The zombies are out there! Hehe!

10. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hi FloridaMale,

That site is great, saw alot of things I've been looking for over there... So let me get this straight.. If I get say afew of those adapters (just to be sure) and then tack on a Map Tank, it wouldn't work so I'd need to buy a Mini Map Tank?

-Or-

Get a Mini Map Tank and then get the XL CE2 and cut the stuff inside them (all the stringy stuff) to make it shorter so that it would fit the Mini Map Tank instead of the regular big Map Tank?

-Or-

Have I just missed your point and am barking up the wrong tree??

I've just confused myself....

11. floridamale

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida
    If you use a 510 to 510 adapter you don't need to alter the MAP, if you are looking to use a MAP
    with out an adapter then use a Mini MAP and make up the difference by using a CE2 XL which should give you about 1/2 inch of lenght to play with after cutting the CE2 tube

12. lowboy

lowboy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2010
    Middle of nowhere
    At the Ga. vapers meet I put my tank on a GLV2 without a extension and it worked okay. It was tight but worked.
    I think it was Crimmy's GLV I put it on.

13. James Hart

James Hart Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    toms_river.nj.us
    simple answer:

[​IMG]

the adapter linked and your choice of Mini or Regular MAP tank... no modifications needed.

My favorite is the Mini MAP on my Mini GLV-2

14. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hi floridamale, lowboy, and James,

Sorry for the delay... And thank You for the help :)

OK so I need an extension or a mini-map tank, .. Cool!!! But then Lowboy said that a GLV was used without an extension.. Hhhmmm... Well if it's tight, then knowing me, I'd somehow break it.. I better get an extension or two just to be safe I guess... What bothers me is that CloudsOfVapor should sell the extensions themselves since some need them.. It's driving me crazy, that just to solve a problem, we need to go to 2 differant sites and pay $10 for shipping..

I'm going broke, but I still want to get a Map Tank

15. Teach

Teach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2010
    Florida
    Angel, look under adapters, select 510-510 Extender/charging under connection.

16. lowboy

lowboy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2010
    Middle of nowhere
    Angel
    I stay broke.
    I'm beginning to build a small stash of stuff........LOL
    Like I said I put it on a GLV and yes it was tight but functional.

17. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hahaha Lowboy, I also have a nice stash which is good.. I'm definitely going to buy this Map Tank.. I truely appreciate the help with this.. I was getting scared when I thought that I needed to mod it since I'm all thumbs *LOL*

18. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hi Teach, Cool!! that means I can get it all at one site.. Whew!!

You guys are all helping me out more than you'd ever know, Thank You :)

19. AngeLsLuv

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Hi James,

This is so great, Thank You!!.. I was worried about modding the mod..

20. jifjifjif

jifjifjif Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 11, 2011
    Vape Canaveral, FL
    Someone please help me.......please.......my blood pressure is probably 180/130......

I need help with the sequence of REASSEMBLING my MAP tank. I have a cut and ready ce2, the two black delrin end caps, the two white rubber gaskets, the silver metal sleeve that holds the gaskets and a 510 drip tip.

I am having endless difficulty figuring out the proper sequence of putting it together. In particular, how to get the rubber gasket that has the two slots that go over the wick and the thinner top gasket into the metal sleeve AND seated properly on the ceramic cup so that the two slots in the thick gasket line up properly with the wick. I know that one side of the metal sleeve is slightly tapered/has the end "turned in" and I'm pretty certain that this the end that goes into the delrin end cap and into the tank itself. It makes sense because the drip tip only fits in to the other side.

What is the best way to accomplish this? I hope I have explained myself. Perhaps there is a video out there that shows a step by step reassembly but if someone would please take the time to type me an answer, I would be extremely grateful.

Also, my other question is the clear lexan tank is available (I'll cut it to proper length) at Home Depot because when pushing one of the delrin end caps, the lexan tank cracked. I wiped a bit of Krazy Glue over the crack and I think its okay, but it looks ugly and I just got this......my first and only MAP tank.

Someone please help me here. I'm so excited to get this working and looking good. Thanks so much in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.