Status
Not open for further replies.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Just wanted to say that I got 5 steel ce2's 3.2 ohm in today, along with an Omega and an Infinity. Following Bruce's instructions to the tee, I now have 5 ce2's ready to go. It's actually quite easy, taking out the ce2 from the bottom grommet was easy as well, and removing the ce2 from the 510 battery was super easy with the help of a pliers.

My batteries are charging now (seems they have forever); can't wait to use this tank somewhere around 3.7 to 4.0 or something like that.

Here's my MAP tank on the Infinity VV by Notcigs with yummy Cake Batter juice:

DSC00213.jpg

Last edited:

VpnDrgn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Gulfport, MS.
Here's a mod of a mod that will accomplish 2 things.
- You'll have a mini map tank
- It will fit on any PV that needs extra clearance, or has a recessed connection, without the need of an adapter

Normally you would cut the XL CE2 so that you have about 3/8" left of the outer housing,
instead, cut it off so that you have 7/8" of the housing still on the threaded end.
Then cut 1/2" off of the Lexan tube.

Now, when you put the bottom Delrin plug onto the CE2, leave 1/2" of the CE2 sticking out the bottom.
When you put the rest of the tank together, the ceramic cup should go into the top plug like normal.

Now you have a mini map tank with 1/2" of carto sticking out the bottom for clearance on any PV.
And you won't have to stock up on regular CE2's just to use a mini map tank. ;)

Vape On People :vapor:

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
Tip..... Make sure the top cut piece of metal within the delrin cap that holds the drip tip (looks like a cut ce2 tube) is elevated and not recessed completely into the cap. I litteraly just noticed this as I changed my first ce2 and was wondering why I kept ripping the fill cup.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Just wanted to say that I got 5 steel ce2's 3.2 ohm in today, along with an Omega and an Infinity. Following Bruce's instructions to the tee, I now have 5 ce2's ready to go. It's actually quite easy, taking out the ce2 from the bottom grommet was easy as well, and removing the ce2 from the 510 battery was super easy with the help of a pliers.

My batteries are charging now (seems they have forever); can't wait to use this tank somewhere around 3.7 to 4.0 or something like that.

Here's my MAP Tank on the Infinity VV by Notcigs with yummy Cake Batter juice:

DSC00213.jpg
That's a sweet set up.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
I don't know if I completely agree with this as some of my juices turn black and some don't even if I clean and dry burn.

I'm wondering if the juice make up may also contribute to this.

I always clean and dry burn before I refill.
Some juice turns black, some does not. It has to be the juice makeup.
Even if you don't clean and dry burn, it still should not turn black.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
maybe instead of filling it up with 5mls try only 3mls and clean/dry burn between each fill. might seem to be a pain in the .... but if its gonna keep you from dumping juice i think its a good trade. after i dry burn i also try to get rid of all the black spots picking with a 25 gauge needle (insulin syringe) and brushing with one of those brushpicks. end up better than new!!

wolflrv

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
Tennessee
Probably not the case...but if you're getting "black juice"..are you trying to pour it out, back into a bottle? Is it actually black?? Reason I'm asking is because I vape mostly clear/light juices and I've noticed my juice appears black depending on the lighting in the room. I figured out though, it's actually the reflection from the black delrin and just an optical illusion...so dunno..but I'd pour out the juice into a clear bottle and inspect it. Otherwise if it is black or cloudy or funky..then I'd definitely suspect something funky in the juice.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
shesaquitter.wordpress.com
I know this has been asked before.

But why does my clear juice turn black in my map?
It's kinda gross actually, I have been dumping it out.

I've had fills that don't change color at all and juice that darkens or yellows depending on how secure that silicone cap is on. I attribute air to the oxidizing of the juice and making sure that cap is firmly seated makes all the difference for me. To acquire that great seal I - like you do - make sure the slots on the side of the silicone cap fit over the wicks on each side. I apply a little pressure so the maneuvers that follow don't knock it off to swim in the juice but not so much as to limit the flow of juice through the wick to the coil. I use a long sewing needle to steer the metal tube straight so the cap slots in. Even if I don't dry burn I don't get super dark juice. It will oxidize a bit not as much as you seem to be experiencing.

Good luck, mike.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
Thanks for your suggestions

The only juice so far that has turned black is from flavor west, I have mixed sugar cookie and gummy bear.
Both turned solid crud oil black. Kinda disgusting for sure.
I vapped HC ice cream all day today (5ml) and did not turn black at all.
So I'm still thinking its something in the favoring.
I have a few other flavors from flavor west, I will try them and see what happens.
So the jury is still out

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
My guess is the make up of the juice.... I vape 555 from vapor renu......60/40. That juice can turn dark if I add a little more (2 mls.) juice when getting low levels on juice in my MAP and I don't want/feel like cleaning yet. I recently tried 555 menthol from the same vendor " I love this 555 menthol even better " WOW! " I can also go two tanks and it will not turn dark.... I can go 3 tanks I believe but felt guilty and cleaned it.... ( This makes me believe some juices turn dark and some don't) Also It could be the ohms vs. volts. When I first used the Maps, I was using an eGo battery "not a true 3.7". I tried all ohms that Bruce sold (2..4, 2.8, and 3.2) The 2.8 was a sweet spot - I broke the CE2 so that was the rest of that test. The 2.4 was warmer and I loved it! The 3.2 on an eGo "cold" no likey, and turned dark before I could finish the tank - The 3.2 didn't last long for me either I tossed it. I now use the 2.4/2.5 ohm on 3.7 volts GLV -" my sweet spot." I practice cleaning and dry burning after each tank and I don't have any problem anymore on juice turning color! Also try to take a little bit longer of a draw after releasing battery button to make sure no vape cloud gets into the tank... I don't know if that can be the problem as sometimes I forget to do it when chain vapeing.

I hope this helps. AND I really don't feel like proof reading what I typed right now. I am so excited right now! My daughter was born today. I came home to do last minute nesting stuff before she comes home from the hospital. I am taking a break from cleaning right now - drinking some good red wine with my MAP - AND I had to log into here to see if I missed the restock on MAP TANKS!!!! LOL

I LOVE MY MAPS !!!!

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW................... Got to go guys.. have fun..... BRUCE, Don't put the MAPS up until Friday - Tha'ts when I think I will be back home. There is no wifi at the Hospital and I don't have a smart phone yet :( It was a smart phone or vapeing supplies from COV... COV won...

Love you guys !!!

I always clean and dry burn before I refill.
Some juice turns black, some does not. It has to be the juice makeup.
Even if you don't clean and dry burn, it still should not turn black.

throbinskin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
LOL............ LOL....... I'm still here..... I Know, I am a looser! I need to get back to cleaning! LOL Thanks! IasaacClarke! She is so beautiful and perfect! My first (Boy) just turned 2 last week! AND my new, now daughter really changed my life. It is true what my friends have said - "wait till you get a girl" I LOVE HER SO MUCH! I am one happy Daddy! I need to save up for a shotgun now!! She will learn how to kick nuts!!!!

OK I am out of here!
Just had to finish reading some posts! I am stalling!

throb bro, congrats!!!!! mine is almost one year old now... Your life will change to the better!!! Enjoy the best time of your life for the rest of your life!!! Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread