MAP TANK on a few mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Thanks for the video. Love the ending BTW, what a cutie!
Now I really want one. I posted about different voltage on mods and what would work with what on the map vape thread. I vape at six volts. I am pretty loyal to my mod and can use it at 3.7 but got stuck at the six volts. Care to go into what voltages work best with the different ohms available on this thing for us? I for one would really be grateful.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Thanks BB. So would the 3.2 work for my 6V chuck? I do fine with regular blank cartos but to prevent them from tasting burnt the key is to never let them get dry. In fact, the trick is to constantly top off after the initial fill, then all is good. If I don't top off I can usually kiss the carto goodbye and I like the idea of not having to carry a bottle of juice with me constantly.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Thanks BB. So would the 3.2 work for my 6V chuck? I do fine with regular blank cartos but to prevent them from tasting burnt the key is to never let them get dry. In fact, the trick is to constantly top off after the initial fill, then all is good. If I don't top off I can usually kiss the carto goodbye and I like the idea of not having to carry a bottle of juice with me constantly.

Just my opinion Amy but I use the 3.2Ω on a VV mod and anything over 4.2v starts to taste a bit funky. Between 3.8 and 4.2 is awesome. I'm pretty sure that on a 6 volt device you'd run into problems.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Just my opinion Amy but I use the 3.2Ω on a VV mod and anything over 4.2v starts to taste a bit funky. Between 3.8 and 4.2 is awesome. I'm pretty sure that on a 6 volt device you'd run into problems.

Pete54 - I have a 3.2ohm on my Buzz set at 4.5v. Pretty sweet vaping. No burnt taste. I wouldn't try it at 6v though...may make my hair stand on end.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
One of the chuck folks noted that the map mod might not fit into the top end cap of the chuck. The fitting is recessed into a well. I swore I'd never go with another mod and this dang thing might make me a liar real fast.

So five volts or VV, want a large mod (I prefer it to rest in my hand rather that grip with my fingers) Throw some suggestions at me. Looks like I have some time since the dang things keep selling out fast. Oh, and nothing that can't withstand some abuse with the use! LOL!

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
I keep waiting for one of these and the last time they were for sale I was at work. The funniest part about it someone tried to sell me one for more then what they are being sold for. I am more then positive people might over pay for one of these but I think I am gonna hold off till the buzz die's off and COV might have them in stock. Look's realy usefull though can't wait to get my hand's on one

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I have a question about the MAP Tank mods. I saw one last night and the person was having issues with it leaking from the bottom hole. The reason was that juice was entering through the top at the ceramic cup and filling the air passage. I figure that it was not assembled properly. My question is, looking at the way he had it assembled, it looked like the only thing stopping juice from entering the top of the ceramic cup was the metal tube that the mouthpiece attaches to being pushed up against the silicone coil cover. Is that correct? I know most people have no leaking issues so he must be doing something wrong.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Pete54: I would have to assume it was how it was put it together. I'd guess that the rubber "gasket" that goes over the ceramic cup wasn't seated correctly. This would allow excess liquid to seep in throught the wick opening which could easily flow down the air tube. That gasket could also be damaged.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Thanks for the video TL. Proves that my MAP tank will fit my Provari when it comes in. As far as using it on a recessed battery connection, I have used it on a P18. IT makes the PV really long, but it works. Also the base of the CE2 can be set out of the delrin base slightly to make room for a recessed battery connection, or seated just slightly more then flush for a case were the 510 connection is protruding from the battery slightly. There is a little bit of of room to do this, just not a lot.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Pete54: I would have to assume it was how it was put it together. I'd guess that the rubber "gasket" that goes over the ceramic cup wasn't seated correctly. This would allow excess liquid to seep in throught the wick opening which could easily flow down the air tube. That gasket could also be damaged.

On a "normal" CE2 the tube itself secures the silicone cap so that nothing will leak out. What secures the cap on this mod? Does it seat into the delrin cap? I still don't understand what stops juice from leaking around the side of the silicone cap. From what I saw the only thing that secures it is the cut piece of metal tubing and, unlike on a regular E2, it doesn't fit around the cap because it's slightly crimped from being cut. It just kinda pushes against the cap. I guess I'll just wait until mine arrives and figure it out for myself.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Pete, there is an Oring on the outer edge of the Delrin end caps to stop any liquid from leaking there, then it is a press fit when you put the E2 carto into the other hole in the center of the Delrin cap, it just cant and doesn't leak from either spot when put together properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread