The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MAP TANK on a few mods

Discussion in 'Clouds of Vapor' started by truelove, Jan 10, 2011.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. truelove

truelove PV Casanova ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 2, 2009
    Bronx, NY
    Love this thing!

It's a winner.

2. AmyB66

AmyB66 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    Thanks for the video. Love the ending BTW, what a cutie!
    Now I really want one. I posted about different voltage on mods and what would work with what on the map vape thread. I vape at six volts. I am pretty loyal to my mod and can use it at 3.7 but got stuck at the six volts. Care to go into what voltages work best with the different ohms available on this thing for us? I for one would really be grateful.

3. Bigbuyer

Bigbuyer Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    Thank you, TL!
    Great Video!

Easy voltage/ohm levels for the MAP Tank:

2.4 Low Resistance. Only 3.7v or less.
    2.8 Perfect Resistance for 3.7v Mods, including the eGo.
    3.2 High Resistance, for mods over 3.7v including 5v and beyond.

Less is not more in this case. Try the 2.8 or 3.2ohm.

4. AmyB66

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    Thanks BB. So would the 3.2 work for my 6V chuck? I do fine with regular blank cartos but to prevent them from tasting burnt the key is to never let them get dry. In fact, the trick is to constantly top off after the initial fill, then all is good. If I don't top off I can usually kiss the carto goodbye and I like the idea of not having to carry a bottle of juice with me constantly.

5. Pete54

Pete54 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2009
    Clearwater, Florida
    Just my opinion Amy but I use the 3.2Ω on a VV mod and anything over 4.2v starts to taste a bit funky. Between 3.8 and 4.2 is awesome. I'm pretty sure that on a 6 volt device you'd run into problems.

6. stubear62

stubear62 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2009
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    I hope all you wolves leave me just one MAP Tank as I just lost my last eGo slim atty. Damn thing just died.
    I need to wait until they go up and I'm looking to get the 2.8ohm.
    Please let there be one when they go up??

7. misterD

misterD Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i tried to get some of these twice already. i gave up until now that i saw this review.

8. James Hart

James Hart Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    toms_river.nj.us
    Thanks for the vid! I am thinking one for my Cloud Laser might be in order... I've been on the 'notify me' list for the 2.4ohm for a couple days! My other 2 mods are top button and I don't want to do the 510 to 510 adapter/spacer deal.

9. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    Pete54 - I have a 3.2ohm on my Buzz set at 4.5v. Pretty sweet vaping. No burnt taste. I wouldn't try it at 6v though...may make my hair stand on end.

10. AmyB66

Feb 4, 2010
    In A Padded Cell
    One of the chuck folks noted that the map mod might not fit into the top end cap of the chuck. The fitting is recessed into a well. I swore I'd never go with another mod and this dang thing might make me a liar real fast.

So five volts or VV, want a large mod (I prefer it to rest in my hand rather that grip with my fingers) Throw some suggestions at me. Looks like I have some time since the dang things keep selling out fast. Oh, and nothing that can't withstand some abuse with the use! LOL!

11. VPJUNKIE510

VPJUNKIE510 Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    I keep waiting for one of these and the last time they were for sale I was at work. The funniest part about it someone tried to sell me one for more then what they are being sold for. I am more then positive people might over pay for one of these but I think I am gonna hold off till the buzz die's off and COV might have them in stock. Look's realy usefull though can't wait to get my hand's on one

12. hairball

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    Fantastic video. Great tanks! I love mine. Beautiful little girl you have there!

13. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
    TL has a really beautiful family. But, I was in there too....LOL

14. hairball

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    Thank you goes to the gorgeous guy towards the end of the video...Bigbuyer....for selling these wonderful tanks!

15. Bigbuyer

Sep 5, 2009
    Florida, USA
  16. Pete54

Oct 30, 2009
    Clearwater, Florida
    I have a question about the MAP Tank mods. I saw one last night and the person was having issues with it leaking from the bottom hole. The reason was that juice was entering through the top at the ceramic cup and filling the air passage. I figure that it was not assembled properly. My question is, looking at the way he had it assembled, it looked like the only thing stopping juice from entering the top of the ceramic cup was the metal tube that the mouthpiece attaches to being pushed up against the silicone coil cover. Is that correct? I know most people have no leaking issues so he must be doing something wrong.

17. Dudeman

Dudeman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2009
    New Bedford, MA
    Pete54: I would have to assume it was how it was put it together. I'd guess that the rubber "gasket" that goes over the ceramic cup wasn't seated correctly. This would allow excess liquid to seep in throught the wick opening which could easily flow down the air tube. That gasket could also be damaged.

18. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks for the video TL. Proves that my MAP tank will fit my Provari when it comes in. As far as using it on a recessed battery connection, I have used it on a P18. IT makes the PV really long, but it works. Also the base of the CE2 can be set out of the delrin base slightly to make room for a recessed battery connection, or seated just slightly more then flush for a case were the 510 connection is protruding from the battery slightly. There is a little bit of of room to do this, just not a lot.

19. Pete54

Oct 30, 2009
    Clearwater, Florida
    On a "normal" CE2 the tube itself secures the silicone cap so that nothing will leak out. What secures the cap on this mod? Does it seat into the delrin cap? I still don't understand what stops juice from leaking around the side of the silicone cap. From what I saw the only thing that secures it is the cut piece of metal tubing and, unlike on a regular E2, it doesn't fit around the cap because it's slightly crimped from being cut. It just kinda pushes against the cap. I guess I'll just wait until mine arrives and figure it out for myself.

20. mwa102464

mwa102464 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Pete, there is an Oring on the outer edge of the Delrin end caps to stop any liquid from leaking there, then it is a press fit when you put the E2 carto into the other hole in the center of the Delrin cap, it just cant and doesn't leak from either spot when put together properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.