Mark Ten Mini (mini) Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I agree, its a nice little gadget, size is perfect. Doesnt hit too shabby. I will try to remove the wadding today. How many drips to you use and how long does that last for you (how many puffs) also what ratio juice are you using?

Thanks DawnBella

Right now I am using 100% VG. I am adding 3, maybe 4 drops. I always drop one in the center hole cuz it I can and it works well lol I can fill with a needle put that's a pain. I think I get like 10 or so really good puffs with dripping. So sorta like redrip per cig you have lol The vapor output is crazy good when dripping with this. Yes, VG and all but still works really well for a true size. Just wish the carts were not $6.00 for 2!! I use 1 per day. I have other kits too so.

ps. I only remove the cotton once the cart seems to taste bad after too many refills. I can prob refill at least 4 times with no real issue. Bet ya they would not be happy to read that :) well dont charge $6.00 for 2 and I would not have too.

Last edited:

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
njoy does have a rechargeable and it is pretty darn good. It's the same size as the king too. The carts are proprietary but if you are careful you can remove the mouth piece and refill. Go to their site (https://www.njoy.com/recharge) to see it. It is called the njoy Recharge. My local Walgreens and most gas stations sell them.

Hey just a note for clarity. The NJOY recharge is not the same size as the NJOY King. I would say the width feels about an 8.5mm (same thickness as the BLU non 510 version) and the length is about 1 inch longer. The LED is also white (if anyone wants to know lol). I may do a mini review on them if anyone wants :) Thx!

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Hey just a note for clarity. The NJOY recharge is not the same size as the NJOY King. I would say the width feels about an 8.5mm (same thickness as the BLU non 510 version) and the length is about 1 inch longer. The LED is also white (if anyone wants to know lol). I may do a mini review on them if anyone wants :) Thx!

If you feel like doing a review, I'm interested.

I just got the njoy kit, measured the battery at 8mm diameter and battery + carto at 102mm long. Thought I would try it since I've used the last of my mini flings. I usually use a larger e-cig, but it's occasionally nice to have a small alternative available.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
If you feel like doing a review, I'm interested.

I just got the njoy kit, measured the battery at 8mm diameter and battery + carto at 102mm long. Thought I would try it since I've used the last of my mini flings. I usually use a larger e-cig, but it's occasionally nice to have a small alternative available.

You beat me to it :) I was coming to correct myself about the size. Yep, it's 8.0mm. ePuffer Nano is 7.8mm, Good that you posted the length. I knew it was not 84mm in length like the King, Fling minis, Mark Ten and Nano. One thing I can say for sure real fast... When buying the "flavor chambers", you should buy direct. All of my stores only have a 2 pack for $5.99 while NJOY online sells a 5 pack for $13.99. I like the kit. Not a fan of the "look" though. I wish it "looked" like the Kings but the Gold or Bold tobacco flavor is still one of my all time favs and I'm glad I can buy it in bottles and not have to buy the over priced Kings. Though I don't think the flavor is the very same. It's very close. Then again, I heard the new Kings do not taste like the originals so maybe it's the same as the new style?

ps. I am still really 'njoying' lol the Mark Ten. I emailed them and gave them my input about 2 carts for $5.99. They were nice and said they would pass it along. If you go to their site, you can buy a PCC and they have a new battery. All the same but a niffy tip with a #10 on it.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Right now, Njoy has a coupon code "FREEKIT" for a free starter kit with purchase of a 5 pack of the cartridges and free shipping on any purchase. I got the pomegranate flavor, not too bad. So far, the NJOY kit is beating the mini flings in performance. The menthol that came with the kit was unimpressive.

bohrdom

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Foster City, CA, USA
Replying to an old thread, I know... but wanted to weigh in here since I'm sorta new to ECF. I actually really like the MarkTen. The small size and feel is perfect for stealth situations. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't use it as my daily vape. But, I always have one in my bag just in case the APV oopses, and I often use it when I need a quick nic fix in a "stealth" situation (minimal vapor, no sound, and small enough to hide in the palm of my hand? I'll take it!). Agreed that the replacement cartos are ridiculously overpriced. From Big Tobacco, what else could we expect...

I tried refilling mine too btw and it didn't really work. Though, I've never had much luck refilling cartos, so likely it's my error. The two flavors remind me so much of traditional cigarettes!! I've had a cig every now and then (only to immediately regret it), but Philip Morris nailed "marlboro red" and "marlboro menthol" with these. I suspect that's why so many people think these taste nasty!

Would hate to see newcomers enter the e-cig world with these though. I'm pleased to see more eGo kits showing up in the convenience stores.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I've been using the Blu Plus kit mostly for my small vape at the moment and have not used the Mark 10 in a few weeks. OT: but the Blu Plus tanks are stupid priced as well. $15 for 3 tanks and they don't last as long as they say. Anyway, if you signup to the Mark 10 site, you can get 5, 2 packs for $27.99 (10 carts total.). That's a bit better but still not so great cuz they don't last long. Refill is super easy but you won't be able to match the flavor. I would try using VG for the best refill results and the Mark10 flavor seems to blend well with other straight tobacco flavors.

bohrdom

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Foster City, CA, USA
Yeah the best deals seem to be with the mail coupons. My wife slid her ID at the bars one night when the Philip Morris reps were out milling around. They eventually sent her a coupon for a free MarkTen starter kit, which I of course used. Now they send her coupons every few months for $3 refill kits, which is about the frequency I need to buy them - guess it pays to sell your soul!

Interesting, thanks for the tip on VG. I tried refilling with 50/50 in hopes that it would wick into the polypill a little better - needless to say, I was wrong.

cloudykitty

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2015
Aurora, CO, USA
I signed up to get the coupons too. In the past year or so I've gotten 4 coupons for a two pack of cartridges, 2 (or is it 3) free starter kits, and one for 3 dollar off carts. Plus, I've sometimes gotten coupons in the box with my 'purchase' if I recall correctly.

I have a nice stash of the carts going now, and two batteries which is nice- one to vape with and one as stand by. I refill my carts with my own juice. I use vanilla caramel or clove in what used to be the Classic flavor, and I got a yummy Mojito to refill the Menthols.

Has anyone boiled their carts so they can be refilled for a longer amount of time? I thought i saw a YouTuber talking about how they do that. I also saw a guy take a paper clip straightened out and he expanded the hole in the cotton batting to improve the air flow.

Before I knew they could be refilled I got a bigger set up and I was always burning my liquid because I'd hold the button down too long :p So now I use the Mark 10s with my own juice.These little guys are my every day vape. I get the flavor I want, don't have to worry about burning my juice and they are so easy to carry around! I keep the currently used ecig in the little test tube case, and the back up battery with some spare carts in the black 'cigarette box'.

The only thing I don't like about these is that it seems like the only way you can tell how much juice you have left is to observe the size of the cloud. I am planning on getting a Halo G6 with the mini tanks as soon as I can. I like that they offer the automatic battery with see through tanks. But that will be for another thread later!

For now I'm going to keep using, refilling, and loving (for the most part) my little Mark 10s!

Hannypoo

Verified Member
Mar 8, 2015
Idaho
Take cap off. Go inside one of the 4 holes and pull back gently. A fork's tooth works fine or tiny eye-glass screw driver, etc.
Take out plastic ring.
Add liquid. If you get a couple of small drop in the center hole, it wont hurt and burns well.
Put it back together :)

The flavor is so so and hard to get rid of. Due to the size, I would not refill more than twice really. I like the kit but still am annoyed about the price for 2 carts.

My first two carts only lasted through three or four refills each. This last one has lasted more than 20, though. I'm using some of my DIY unflavored juice. It's just VG and nicotine. I can't taste any of the original flavor either. It used to be menthol. Great cloud production now, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread