Massive Equip failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
"Hmm, I'm blowing vapor at this post with a 2 month old 901 atty, and I vape it all day!!

Only one answer, user error, no maintenance.

I follow the directions in my user manual. "

ahh yes - maintenance.... blowing, poking, rinsing, boiling, more blowing, draining,timing charges, resting one set up and using the other every 30-40 minutes ......

simply one answer like one size... rarely fits all.
but thanks for the opinion

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
Hey so after many months and many purchases, we ( the ones that been vaping a bit longer) know what works and what is crap. Per your comment on why some long time vapors scream on how good something is, especially when we ( the real vapors) know certain items suck, is something I do not get,. nor understand. The only thing that makes any sense, is they ( the ones that think. they understand and think they know ) have not had the opportunity to have vaped at 6v's or 5v's or even at 3.7vs constantly, For a mature vapor claiming the 8084 or anything equal is considered to be a worthwhile product, is not that they are leading them on, it is that they dont know any better

Howdy cos;
Can't agree with ya fully here.
If a person uses an e-cig as an analog replacement, and uses it like an analog, the mini's work well. A few puffs over a period of a few minutes, put it in the pocket, and again an hour or so later, is very close to analog use. Take a relaxing vape break, and then go about your business. I get great hits, vapor, and batts last all day with my usage.

However;

When someone starts vaping constantly like a mad dog, the mini's will fall apart in a minute. that's where the heavyweights come into view. then those people need the SD, GG, Prodigy, Janty, etc. I have no problem with that at all. Different needs for different people.

I see people post that they just bought an SE for $150.00, and they're having trouble. I try to help them get it going and keep it going so they can learn. Once they learn, they can upgrade or stay. Whatever they do is their choice, and they can make their own decisions if they want to change. Some here, just jump in and say throw that junk away and buy this or that. A few of these people don't have the $$ to just throw it away. I try to help them make the most of what they have, and for some reason, it's pissing some people off.

I *do* agree that mini's are not for everyone, but on the other hand, the heavyweights are not for everyone either.

Cheers;
jd

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
"Hmm, I'm blowing vapor at this post with a 2 month old 901 atty, and I vape it all day!!

Only one answer, user error, no maintenance.

I follow the directions in my user manual. "

ahh yes - maintenance.... blowing, poking, rinsing, boiling, more blowing, draining,timing charges, resting one set up and using the other every 30-40 minutes ......

simply one answer like one size... rarely fits all.
but thanks for the opinion

OK, could be a rash of bad luck.

Sorry for your not so nice experience.

You allude that you had a good vape experience at one time, when did that happen?

BengalBacker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2009
Dayton Ohio
just a question for you vapour trail.. how long do you expect your 901 stuff to last for and more importantly what exactly do you base your expectations on..

trog

Well, I read the forums for a while before I bought, and I would say I expect my atomizers to last about two weeks on average. Batteries seem to be hit or miss for most people, so I didn't really know what to expect. The PTs that I bought were apparently bought about the same time as ones that others (including the supplier) say are faulty, but mine still work fine. One for home and one in the car.

Now I have a Kensington power pack, so 90% of the time I'm not even using batteries. Only had it a few days though, so we'll see how that holds up.

I'd like to have an SD, or a GG, or a Prodigy or whatever, but with the Kensington and working passthroughs, I just don't really have the need right now. Maybe I've been luckier than most with my equipment, and if suddenly it all started dying on me I'd probably be looking for alternatives, but at less than $9 each, I can keep several spare PTs, don't have to worry about battery life, and get all the throat hit and vapor I need.

realheavy

Mar 28, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
I thought too that the pass-through and the Kensington power back would mean I wouldn’t have to worry about the batteries or could save on batteries… at $40 for the thing that’s what I’d hoped. But the passthrough broke-down too. It overheated and I believe was responsible for burning out my atomizers… if that’s what’s wrong with them. Can some one direct me or link me to maintenance instructions for the atomizer. I am so worried now that 5 out of 6 of my e-cigs are not working and it’s a holiday weekend and I’m even low on analogs what will I do? Yes I was a heavy smoker when I started vaping but I do not vap as much as I smoked. I thought I was being very easy on them actually and trying to vap only when I truly needed a hit of nicotine. If I can just resurrect enough equipment to last until the next order comes in.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
OK, could be a rash of bad luck.

Sorry for your not so nice experience.

You allude that you had a good vape experience at one time, when did that happen?

The usb manual passthrough....ahhhhhhh

- I'm trying to figure out what the Janty Stick 'is' - with 901 'adapter'? ....
and the Prodigy is by pre-order (not in budget now anyway) and looks like a long wait
the Greek ones....(GG) out of stock

Really need a 'manual' control - and something that stands up to probably 7-10 x use per hour while I'm at computer.... most of the day/evening.
Mostly non-nic vapes - with a few low level nic puffs thrown in once or twice an hour.

Hey - thanks for the info - I researched a bunch before ordering - and each of us has our own pattern for vaping. That's not taken into consideration in most of what I've found. OR maybe I'm still learning to interpret the vape vocabulary

Thx

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
I think Trog's getting to the point that a 901 atomizer is good for about a week.
I have the original 4 atty's from april...I work 16 -17 hours a day (in a truck) I use them all day every day,I take 15 second drags,I torture them with my nicobox mods and the all work as well as they did the first day.

Each atty has seen at least 100 ml of juice.
Maybe some are coming from the back of a wherehouse and were a bad batch? I can't figure why my attys last so long?

I use any and all flavorings I never look at what they contain , I use 48 and 36 flavorless and mix either just flavors , or sometimes I'll mix in a lil' vg.

I'm a big fan of crushed red peppers....I ONCE PUT RED
PEPPER SEEDS dirrectly into an atty and vaped it.

It was absolutely overpowering and I couldn't take it,so I rinsed it out with iso alchohol and refilled with juice...
good as new.
That was the only time I've done anything to an atty , other than blow out excess juice...This is crazy!

emsmom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Arizona
NicoWolf has been kind enough to walk us thru making our own mod out of a simple battery box and parts from Radio Shack. She named it the NicoStick and is a box mod. A lot of us middle aged women have even been able to build them! Her directions are very complete! Any problem and she will help you figure out was is wrong. It is a mod I would highly recommend for someone who wants to try a mod. It costs under 20 bucks to make one.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... Can some one direct me or link me to maintenance instructions for the atomizer. ...
You may want to take a look at the following maintenance instructions:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...lpful-links-videos-new-user-5.html#post178087

The post shows really good videos for maintenance. It may not show the exact e-cig model you are using, but the instructions are more or less universal for most e-cig models. Read the other posts in that thread too -- it has many good links to tips and advice.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Howdy cos;
Can't agree with ya fully here.
If a person uses an e-cig as an analog replacement, and uses it like an analog, the mini's work well. A few puffs over a period of a few minutes, put it in the pocket, and again an hour or so later, is very close to analog use. Take a relaxing vape break, and then go about your business. I get great hits, vapor, and batts last all day with my usage.

However;

When someone starts vaping constantly like a mad dog, the mini's will fall apart in a minute. that's where the heavyweights come into view. then those people need the SD, GG, Prodigy, Janty, etc. I have no problem with that at all. Different needs for different people.

I see people post that they just bought an SE for $150.00, and they're having trouble. I try to help them get it going and keep it going so they can learn. Once they learn, they can upgrade or stay. Whatever they do is their choice, and they can make their own decisions if they want to change. Some here, just jump in and say throw that junk away and buy this or that. A few of these people don't have the $$ to just throw it away. I try to help them make the most of what they have, and for some reason, it's pissing some people off.

I *do* agree that mini's are not for everyone, but on the other hand, the heavyweights are not for everyone either.

Cheers;
jd

And there is the rub, Jim, when it comes to the pee/wee, super mini, 84's. If a member recommending it describes using it how you did in this post (which is the first time I seen that in all the time I've read this forum), then that makes sense. I would guess a super mini would be OK if you take a puff or two every hour or so. Having used a super mini, an 801 and 901 (all auto switches) and then used a Screwdriver and Prodigy, there truely is no comparison. It is just physically (laws of science) impossible for a peewee to give any where near the throat hit of the 5 volt Prodigy, even on one puff with fresh batteries.

If a noob came on here and stated that I want a PV that I can take a puff off of once or twice an hour and throat hit isn't that big a deal, I would recommend a super mini and tell them to get the cheapest one they can fine and save their money.

But 95% of noob complains are due to lack of throat hit, short battery life and equipment failures. All of these issues are solved with PV's such as the Screwdriver and Prodigy. So as long as someone recommending a super mini explains that it is for the very light vaper, then I can see recommending it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The usb manual passthrough....ahhhhhhh

- I'm trying to figure out what the Janty Stick 'is' - with 901 'adapter'? ....
and the Prodigy is by pre-order (not in budget now anyway) and looks like a long wait
the Greek ones....(GG) out of stock

Really need a 'manual' control - and something that stands up to probably 7-10 x use per hour while I'm at computer.... most of the day/evening.
Mostly non-nic vapes - with a few low level nic puffs thrown in once or twice an hour.

Hey - thanks for the info - I researched a bunch before ordering - and each of us has our own pattern for vaping. That's not taken into consideration in most of what I've found. OR maybe I'm still learning to interpret the vape vocabulary

Thx

Based on what you just described you need one of the following. Understand that although they cost more initially, the batteries ONLY COST $2. You will save money in the long run.

The Big Four in Manual Switch PV’s:

Screwdriver: ecigscrewdriver.com
The Black Screwdriver Kit / Totally Wicked eLiquid / Electronic Cigarette e-liquid shop
Prodigy: PureSmoker.com - Home of the USA Built PV !!!
GG: THE GG
JantyStick: Janty USA

Xing110222

Jun 27, 2009
west Jabipp
I dis agree with this WV guy. I have about 3 eciggs right now and they are not the ones posted above..I had 4 but one is still not working that great, but the others have throat hit and good vapor and they do require charging but so do all my wireless battery operated devices..So do the ones above.They also use the same atomizers as all the other ones WV is saying arent any good. Im not sure I need to spend 200 dollars on a cutom made flashlight or piece of pipe to enjoy vaping a 901 atomizer that is going to burn up also? Just my.02

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
I dis agree with this WV guy. I have about 3 eciggs right now and they are not the ones posted above..I had 4 but one is still not working that great, but the others have throat hit and good vapor and they do require charging but so do all my wireless battery operated devices..So do the ones above.They also use the same atomizers as all the other ones WV is saying arent any good. Im not sure I need to spend 200 dollars on a cutom made flashlight or piece of pipe to enjoy vaping a 901 atomizer that is going to burn up also? Just my.02

wv knows of what he speaks. However, he is not saying that you cannot have a good experience with an ecig other than the ones in his post, of course you can. My wife absolutely swears by her 510 and has absolutely no interest in any other model. Jim Davis has talked at length about his great experience with the 4081. I started with a DSE 901 and it got me right off of analogs. SO there are many ways to go.........

However, there will come a time when you will experience either battery or atomizer failure. When (not if), that time comes to replace the battery, you will then be looking at $7(at best) to $15 per battery for replacement. Compare this to $1-$3 for batteries for the units wv mentioned. Couple this with the fact that these batteries last from 2-10x's as long as the more expensive batteries and you are simply increasing your odds of having a more satisfying, trouble free, less expensive vaping experience...........

shivadance

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Nebraska, USA
So the moral of this thread is???

I think it's that everyone brings something to the table. It's great that so much advice is given because it gives folks a chance to think through different options and discover what will work for them. Some people try one PV kit and then are ready for the heavy hitters. Others may never take that route. But either way, offering valuable advice to help with their PV issues or direct them to a better PV is great.

I'm glad you're all here and so very passionate about vaping. :)

realheavy, hang in there. You obviously want to get off analogs and that's a great goal, you're just going to have to really work at it! Keep reading about PVs and find something that will work for you. I expect a certain % of failure with my large, cheap orders from China. If you're worried about more failing equipment spend a few more dollars and stay in the states so you're more likely to return it under warranty. There's some great specials going on over the July 4th holiday. Good luck!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
wv knows of what he speaks. However, he is not saying that you cannot have a good experience with an ecig other than the ones in his post, of course you can. My wife absolutely swears by her 510 and has absolutely no interest in any other model. Jim Davis has talked at length about his great experience with the 4081. I started with a DSE 901 and it got me right off of analogs. SO there are many ways to go.........

However, there will come a time when you will experience either battery or atomizer failure. When (not if), that time comes to replace the battery, you will then be looking at $7(at best) to $15 per battery for replacement. Compare this to $1-$3 for batteries for the units wv mentioned. Couple this with the fact that these batteries last from 2-10x's as long as the more expensive batteries and you are simply increasing your odds of having a more satisfying, trouble free, less expensive vaping experience...........

Excellent points, as always, Elendil.:thumb:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
And there is the rub, Jim, when it comes to the pee/wee, super mini, 84's. If a member recommending it describes using it how you did in this post (which is the first time I seen that in all the time I've read this forum), then that makes sense. I would guess a super mini would be OK if you take a puff or two every hour or so. Having used a super mini, an 801 and 901 (all auto switches) and then used a Screwdriver and Prodigy, there truely is no comparison. It is just physically (laws of science) impossible for a peewee to give any where near the throat hit of the 5 volt Prodigy, even on one puff with fresh batteries.

If a noob came on here and stated that I want a PV that I can take a puff off of once or twice an hour and throat hit isn't that big a deal, I would recommend a super mini and tell them to get the cheapest one they can fine and save their money.

But 95% of noob complains are due to lack of throat hit, short battery life and equipment failures. All of these issues are solved with PV's such as the Screwdriver and Prodigy. So as long as someone recommending a super mini explains that it is for the very light vaper, then I can see recommending it.

I really believe we're on the same track.
An e-cig is supposed to replace an analog, so I feel the e-cig should be used similar to an analog. I consider myself a "normal" user.

I would consider a constant vapor, as equal to a chain smoker. So equipment for each type as we agreed on. You'll run across a few of my posts which I recommended the "heavyweights" from the git-go.

The newb complaints are a crap shoot. Some of it will be the wrong type of equipment used, but I really think that we have a rash of operator error, and handling a frustrated newbie can be a real challange.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... The newb complaints are a crap shoot. Some of it will be the wrong type of equipment used, but I really think that we have a rash of operator error, and handling a frustrated newbie can be a real challange.
Jim, I think another problem is deceptive marketing. Some people will buy ecig based on the information they see from marketing display -- 1 cartridge equals 1 carton, etc etc. When they find this or similar vape forums they already sunk money into a device that should cost fraction of what they paid. Now they learn about atomizers not lasting six months as they were let to believe and many other things. All of the ecigs are still just first-generation devices and I would guess that a year or two from now will be replaced by something that will be more reliable (if the government doesn't put early stop to this technology).

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Jim, I think another problem is deceptive marketing. Some people will buy ecig based on the information they see from marketing display -- 1 cartridge equals 1 carton, etc etc. When they find this or similar vape forums they already sunk money into a device that should cost fraction of what they paid. Now they learn about atomizers not lasting six months as they were let to believe and many other things. All of the ecigs are still just first-generation devices and I would guess that a year or two from now will be replaced by something that will be more reliable (if the government doesn't put early stop to this technology).

Yup - right on that angle too. There are so many variables, it can be mind boggling. Too many people are just jumping in with both feet, and the failure rate is rising. Expectations are too high, combined with inexperience.

I'm the type who takes it slow & easy. I own 2 mini's, and I'm still experimenting, and researching them, and getting some amazing results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread