Massive Equip failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

realheavy

Mar 28, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
Dear E-Folks,
I received 2 DSE901 mini e-cigarette starter kits from Runion in mid-April but didn’t start vaping until June 21. At that time all equipment worked. Now,12 days later, practically nothing works. 4 of 6 batteries are apparently dead. I put them in the chargers and they don’t blink, don’t get warm, don’t charge don’t do anything. As for the chargers sometimes with some batteries they work as they should but other times with other batteries the red light never turns green or the light turns green in just a few minutes when obviously the battery could not possibly had time to charge. You’d think I’d be alright in that I bought a passthrough for backup but that isn’t working correctly either. It overheats and I think may have burned up 4 of my atomizers though I can’t tell. They don’t even warm up let alone produce so much as a puff of vapor. According to Runion’s site I can exchange the non-working components for up to a year. Has anyone ever tried to return to Runion? I have all the shipping wrappings but this means paying for shipping back to China. I think I paid $25.00 to get it here? Obviously if they guarantee for a year they don’t expect the batteries, atomizer et. al. to go bad after 12 days do they? Can someone link me to directions on cleaning an atomizer? I was down to 5 analogs a day in just the 12 days since I started and now this massive equip failure…. Now don’t know what I’m going to do.

Thanks for any input.
realheavy

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
realheavy, are you talking about RuyanDirect? Never heard of Runion ?!?!?!

If you are talking about RuyanDirect, Wayne is a great supplier (atleast from what I have seen on these boards) He does honor his 1 year warranty and lots of people have sent stuff back successfully and gotten replacements. Shoot him an email, and I'm sure he'll take care of you.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
Obviously if they guarantee for a year they don’t expect the batteries, atomizer et. al. to go bad after 12 days do they?

now that is the 64000 dollar question... how long do they expect them to last for.. and does how long they expect then to last for have anything at all to do with the length of the guarantee.. ??

wayne will honour his warranty.. probably till you get fed up with keep sending stuff back to china.. he he..

trog

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I think Trog's getting to the point that a 901 atomizer is good for about a week. And that's exactly how long my last one lived after being ordered from RuyanDirect.

Was I unhappy. Yes, and I went back exclusively to the pen model with atomizers that last about three months for me. But they all DO die -- and long before any "guarantee" has expired. Most consumers just grow weary of returns .. so the makers win in the end. You can bet all that is factored into the selling price.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I am sorry if I come across a bit attitudnal, The stuff we get from China, all of these 901's 801's it does not matter what they are, will last a day a week a month, maybe even longer, but they are not intended to last/ They are a cheap piece of junk,................... They cannot possibly cost more than a dime to produce and all of us that have been vaping for a while, now this. This site must have 6000 threads on this topic and we still seem to need to explain the mechanics of junk....

Wayne is as good as they get as far as suppliers go, but that is it, he is a supplier, Wayne, nor ex or Y, make this stuff, they buy it from some producer for 2 bucks, maybe and sell it for for 4 dollars maybe and we expect them to " be the end all" well they are not, !!
If you do not have a very large inventory of items to support this habit, then you need to re evaluate this whole Vaping thing or except it.

Sorry Mr OP, but it just gets so old, when thread after thread, an OP is over the top, slamming a suppiler, and thinking they have done something wrong, I lost in ONE day over 20 901 atomizers, due to a switch in my 6v'. May fault. my doing,. I expected more, I was wrong to think anything, other than, these atz are made for the simple little bateries they make with them,

Good luck

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
i think its bad news not to tell newbies exactly what they are buying into.. its quite clear that most new buyers expect these things to last longer than they do..

i can only ask for f-cks sake why do they expect this.. i know how long i expect them to last.. how come very few others seem to know.. i dont care cos they are cheap.. remarkable value to be honest..

we buy a lot of stuff thru wayne.. we send our customers to wayne... we like wayne.. he is a good guy..

wayne dosnt understand why we dont offer a warranty on atomizers.. wayne says to us.. they send em back to you.. you send em new ones.. you send em back to me.. i send you new ones.. i send em back to the factory... they send me new ones..

beci chen says the same.. why no warranty.. its easy why no warranty.. we know how long the bloody things last and ant be arsed with all the to-ing and fro-ing.. he he

this kind of daisy chain merry go round might make sense to the chinese sellers.. it makes no sense to us.. we just say buy in cheap spares and chuck the buggers in the bin when they fail... cos fail they will..

its easier.. its cheaper and it consumes less time on every bodies part.. and above all its less frustrating for newbies who cant figure out what they are doing wrong..

rant over... he he he

trog

ozrick

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
We have the original atomizers that came with our 901's and are 3 months old and work well. I also had a vaping party and all of our friends purchased 901's (that was months ago) and NO failures.

My issues have been with batteries in general. Due to the sensative nature of them, they clog and become useless way before they fail to charge- this is why I also have an SD and manual batteries that I have yet seen fail due to moisture. I'm still using the original 901 batteries that came with my kits, my 801's are dropping like flies as well as the atomizers. I've been saving up broken equipment to send back to ruyan to get replacements.

The point of my post is there is no hard and fast rule about how long these components are going to last and everyone I've introduced to them know that it's hit or miss.

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... wayne dosnt understand why we dont offer a warranty on atomizers.. wayne says to us.. they send em back to you.. you send em new ones.. you send em back to me.. i send you new ones.. i send em back to the factory... they send me new ones..

beci chen says the same.. why no warranty.. its easy why no warranty.. we know how long the bloody things last and ant be arsed with all the to-ing and fro-ing.. he he

this kind of daisy chain merry go round might make sense to the chinese sellers.. it makes no sense to us.. we just say buy in cheap spares and chuck the buggers in the bin when they fail... cos fail they will.. ...

I normally have lots of spares. When I started vaping, one atomizer would last at most 3 days. After using some tips on this forum I can make them last much longer, up to 2 weeks if I am really inspired to go through the wash/soak/burn/dry maintenance. I have always basically treated the atomizers as disposable with a short life.

But I have to admit that I have never thought about sending them back for replacement as you described and didn't know that it was a standard practice Chinese sellers are used to. To me that sounds as much less trouble than going through all the maintenance needed to keep them last longer. I could just save the expired atomizers and send them back to the supplier every 2 months or so and get new ones. Is that what people in China do? If true, one would probably not need to buy a new atomizer ever.

souporvapor

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Everett, WA
Ok - so let me get this straight...

my first order - super starter kit - DSE 901
3 bats
2 attys
usb charger
wall charger
yadda yadda carts/liquid

within 10 days 2 bats dead
1 atty practically burning my fingers
2 days later another bat dead
round and round with burnt smell/nasty/no vapor/

Purchased 2 more bats locally - one dead within 5 puffs

I work at home - bought a passthrough (which actually delivers decent flave/vape)
puff regularly - most of the time no nic vg/distilled water/flavor with a puff of commercial nic juice cut with above vg mix)

Using the auto batteries just doesn't create the vape/taste I want
Do they make a manual 901 bat?

When I smoked it was $50/month for Am Spirit tobacco in the can (no not Prince anyone) American Spirit

At this point my investment is .....
well thank goodness for the warrantees - wondering if the replacements are warranteed also.

Any suggestions on what equipment I need to get a consistant full vape and flavor?

Got juice..... don't want analogs .... and
really like the best of what vaping can be.

Thx

linda49

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2009
Diamond, MO
I get that this stuff is from China and will probably kill us faster than the analogs.
What I'm wondering is how do I know what to replace? My batteries still light so they must be working right? I have new cartridges, so it can't be that. So what does that leave for me to replace?
Do you just buy a whole new kit each time it goes bad?:confused:

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
It just kills me that even some long time members still tell noobs that the super mini 84mm PV's are great. Great battery life, great throat hit, great vapor, blah, blah. blah. I just don't get leading people on like that.

Hey so after many months and many purchases, we ( the ones that been vaping a bit longer) know what works and what is crap. Per your comment on why some long time vapors scream on how good something is, especially when we ( the real vapors) know certain items suck, is something I do not get,. nor understand. The only thing that makes any sense, is they ( the ones that think. they understand and think they know ) have not had the opportunity to have vaped at 6v's or 5v's or even at 3.7vs constantly, For a mature vapor claiming the 8084 or anything equal is considered to be a worthwhile product, is not that they are leading them on, it is that they dont know any better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread