Massive Equip failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trog100; The atomizers are only cheap if you bought them direct from China. most newbies expect them to last longer because they paid $60 for the starter sets.
I've been noticing it's getting hard to locate the 901's State side. Some sellers are no longer carrying them because of complaints. In 2 months, I only have 2 working atomizers out of 9. Can anybody suggest a different style that has a longer life?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I really believe we're on the same track.
An e-cig is supposed to replace an analog, so I feel the e-cig should be used similar to an analog. I consider myself a "normal" user.

I would consider a constant vapor, as equal to a chain smoker. So equipment for each type as we agreed on. You'll run across a few of my posts which I recommended the "heavyweights" from the git-go.

The newb complaints are a crap shoot. Some of it will be the wrong type of equipment used, but I really think that we have a rash of operator error, and handling a frustrated newbie can be a real challange.
I've been reading all of your posts, and all of the posts of those that (sort of) oppose you. And I agree with the points they make and the points you make. I think the difference lies in what kind of smoker you were to begin with. A chain smoker is going to have drastically different needs than a casual smoker, but questions are generally answered from the perspective of the one who answers. Questions should ALWAYS be answered from the perspective of the one whom is asking.

And that is why it makes no sense whatsoever to answer any question when you don't know the perspective of the person asking the question. If is unfortunate that this method of communication does not have the capability of requiring everyone that asks a question to provide the information that will be needed to adequately and accurately answer that question.

But this is certainly better than nothing.
:thumb:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I've been reading all of your posts, and all of the posts of those that (sort of) oppose you. And I agree with the points they make and the points you make. I think the difference lies in what kind of smoker you were to begin with. A chain smoker is going to have drastically different needs than a casual smoker, but questions are generally answered from the perspective of the one who answers. Questions should ALWAYS be answered from the perspective of the one whom is asking.

And that is why it makes no sense whatsoever to answer any question when you don't know the perspective of the person asking the question. If is unfortunate that this method of communication does not have the capability of requiring everyone that asks a question to provide the information that will be needed to adequately and accurately answer that question.

But this is certainly better than nothing.
:thumb:

Good point;
As I said before, this can be mind boggling. Maybe there should be a form, or questionnaire for people to fill out, with all the necessary questions, to point them in the right direction.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Good point;
As I said before, this can be mind boggling. Maybe there should be a form, or questionnaire for people to fill out, with all the necessary questions, to point them in the right direction.

Jim,

That might be a good idea for a sticky or part of an existing sticky. Any computer tech forum, it's pretty much understood that when asking questions one should list their OS, SP version, processor, amount of RAM, etc.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I already made a half-hearted attempt at that, but it didn't really catch on.
:lol:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...veryone-say-answer-your-question-depends.html

That was an excellent post.
I tell you why it didn't catch on. Because absolutely no one who answered a new post, sent the poster to that thread to answer those important questions. I personally, was not aware of it, but if I had my way now, everyone should say. "Answer those questions, and come back when you're finished." Sure would make answers a hell of a lot more effective.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
That was an excellent post.
Thanks.

same dude as above said:
I tell you why it didn't catch on. Because absolutely no one who answered a new post, sent the poster to that thread to answer those important questions. I personally, was not aware of it, but if I had my way now, everyone should say. "Answer those questions, and come back when you're finished." Sure would make answers a hell of a lot more effective.
I know all about forums, having over 20,000 posts in another forum I frequent.

It didn't really bother me that it didn't catch on.
It might still catch on yet, or I might just do it again later.
:)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Trog100; The atomizers are only cheap if you bought them direct from China. most newbies expect them to last longer because they paid $60 for the starter sets.
I've been noticing it's getting hard to locate the 901's State side. Some sellers are no longer carrying them because of complaints. In 2 months, I only have 2 working atomizers out of 9. Can anybody suggest a different style that has a longer life?

Since they are all made by a few compainies in China, there is not a different atomizer that I am aware of that lasts any longer. One of our long time members did many cleaning experiments and has been quite successful making them last longer using Heat n' Kleen.

If that is your picture in your avatar, I will personally deliver some extra attys to you!!!!!!!!!!;););)

Here is a link to the Heat n' Kleen:

Sam's Club - Heat 'n Kleen Kettle Cleaner

You can get it at other places,also. Sun showed a before and after picture of an atty he cut open and it was much cleaner. He uses this once a week on his attys.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread