Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
The switch on the Roughstack is supposed to require no soldering. This is the model # CK8552MZQE2 c&k pushbuton

"
The switch is rated for a full 3 amps and is user replacable with no soldering!
Simply unscrew the nut holding the switch, pop out the circuit board assembly, put a new one in and tighten the nut back down.. It's really that simple! "

Last edited:

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
the "new one" he is referring to is a new circuit board assembly. The actual switch itself is soldered onto the circuit board. It would still be really easy to de-solder and replace though.

Well if thats the case, that is pretty shady advertising.
"The switch is rated for a full 3 amps and is user replacable with no soldering!"
It can't be stated much more plainly than that.
That is rather disappointing.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Question:

Had a mini-vape stack. Loved it. Onl;y 2 things I would have liked to see improved.

1. Battery Life
and
2. a little leakage of juice inside.

Have these two issues been improved on the roughstack? If so, I think I am game ;-)

The mini-vapestack has a 880mAh 16340 battery. The roughstack has a 1200 mAh18350 and the new maxi roughstack...

"The maxi Roughstack is built to last a long time and will accept an 18650 battery for all day vaping or two 16340 3 volt batteries for 6 volts or 2 18350's for a whopping 7.4 volts" (from website)

as for leakage, I have not had a problem with it on the original roughstack yet. I can't speak to the maxi roughstack though.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Well if thats the case, that is pretty shady advertising.
"The switch is rated for a full 3 amps and is user replacable with no soldering!"
It can't be stated much more plainly than that.
That is rather disappointing.

Changed the wording to 'switch assembly'

hoog

Last edited:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I'm a bit hesitant to sell just the bottom cups because of the quality of them(different batch than the maxi's). The threads match great but the diameters are different and look a bit odd when together. I'll get some in the sand tumbler tomorrow and see if they can't be buffed up a bit and I'll also get them on the website (for a good price :))
hoog

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I'm a bit hesitant to sell just the bottom cups because of the quality of them(different batch than the maxi's). The threads match great but the diameters are different and look a bit odd when together. I'll get some in the sand tumbler tomorrow and see if they can't be buffed up a bit and I'll also get them on the website (for a good price :))
hoog

Will get some on asap :)

hoog

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback.

rege

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
pa
hoog

i totally understand you not wanting to sell a product you dont fully stand behind but i promise i dont care what it looks like and wont think any less of madvapes if it doesn't look good. im looking for functionality not fashion

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
i totally understand you not wanting to sell a product you dont fully stand behind but i promise i dont care what it looks like and wont think any less of madvapes if it doesn't look good. im looking for functionality not fashion

agree with thhis guy lol beg beg beg for gaughty looking extention no problem here I am a trend setter

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA

I feel the same way. This mod is a "working man's pv" in my opinion. Aesthetics ain't important. I just look forward to using the 18650 battery in a bulletproof mod. It'll be the perfect mod for a logger working under the hardest of conditions--thats me.
Look forward to the longer cup being available on your site. Also I'm checking every day for the 18650 3000 mah Ultrafires becoming available. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread