The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

maxi rough stack

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by rege, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. brian5470

brian5470 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thats what I have been hearing. I got up the courage and threw the 2 18350's in and I put on an regular old Joye 510 atty I have here that doesn't seem to fire to great at 3.7 volts even after a soak in 91 percent alcohol. I dripped in some extra juice to make the atty nice and wet and WOW talk about hot harsh rip your throat out vapor if you take over a 1 second draw!! Didn't do that very long..lol

2. Jimi Mack

Jimi Mack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Long Island
    You are running that at 7.4V. You will blow an atty quickly that way. I suggest try HR atty's if you are going to be running 2 18350 batteries.

3. SKYYcamel

SKYYcamel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Mississippi
    Will the Tenergy LiFePO4's work in the Maxi for 6V vaping?

4. brian5470

Yeah I know I needed a HV atty but I just couldn't resist trying it out at 7.4 and didn't mind if that particular atty blew. It didn't pop it though.

5. brian5470

I dont know for sure but they are 16340 size so it should work. I have some LiFePO's coming I will report back when they get here.

6. brian5470

Well I got my 3volt batteries today and I am now rockin my maxi at 6volts! Its awsome! Feels a lot more like an analog. Yes the LifePo batteries do work I was surprised that they dont even rattle around in there.

7. Jimi Mack

Jimi Mack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2009
    Long Island
    Been using the Maxi for a couple of days now and I have to give it some credit. For the price you can not beat it. It seems to come across as reliable and does exactly what it is suppose to do. For a 18650 battery mod it is really smaller than you might think yet fits nicely in the hand. If you are thinking about getting one, I say jump at it. It is an all around solid unit, I have not been able to fire it off once in either my pants pocket or jacket pockets and I was trying.

8. King_Calculon

King_Calculon Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I have not put my RoughStack down since I got it, especially with the extension. 6v is so awesome for high-quality tobacco e-liquids! This mod is very versatile and reliable for the price. I have dropped it many times in drunken frenzies and it never fails to fire up. There is nothing to break. The switch is ironclad. The only thing I did to it was add a rubber gasket on the switch to keep spilled e-liquid from leaking into the housing. The only thing I am wondering is whether or not there is a way to run this sucker at 5 volts without adding additional electronic components. I don't know if there are any 5 or 2.5 volt batteries out there that would fit into the housing.

9. ArtificialReef

ArtificialReef Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2010
    Virginia
    Has anyone had any problems with the threads on the battery cups stripping out? I have the regular rough stack and an extension for the 18650s and the threads on both battery cups are stripped. The cap and switch is fine, and it still works, but I have to fold a bit of paper and screw on the cap with the paper wedging some extra pressure in there. if I don't handle it very carefully it just flies apart. I have had my stacks for about 6 months, the extension for about 2 months. I love the thing but I do need something a bit better.:confused:

10. King_Calculon

King_Calculon Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I lubricate the threads with conductive grease. If I don't they start grinding off aluminum shavings.

11. ArtificialReef

Oct 13, 2010
    Virginia
    I should have done that too I suppose...It is too late now though, my stacks are both stripped but I can make them work with using the paper as shims in the threads that are left.

12. bushmaster

bushmaster Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Colville, WA
    That sucks! Using the paper shims doesn't help the conductivity much either which is pretty important in a tube mod. You don't state if you notice a decreased vaping experience but if you do--you might try aluminum foil as the shim. Its nothing more than a band-aid but might help for awhile. JMO:)

13. 5vz

5vz Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 19, 2011
    in here somewhere USA
    Well, you could always buy the Maxi RoughStack next. The parts would match I am guessing.

I have not had that problem yet, and I have the RoughStack with extension. This thing vapes like nothing else with the 2 18350's. I love it, can't live without it.

Yep on aluminum foil or aluminum gum wrappers in a pinch. (Juicy fruit saved my car from being dead on a highway once when a fuse blew. Rolled up the wrapper, put it the fuse spot, got to a store for fuses!)

14. ArtificialReef

Oct 13, 2010
    Virginia
    I had thought of the foil deal, but I am not covering all the threads, just about 1/8" around. Still getting plenty of connection for the negative side of the battery, but I will do it if I have to. I love the rough stack though. I have the extension tube also and they are both like that. I am hoping it holds out till my Chuck gets here.. HA. I don't want to have to do without my 18650s.

15. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    To help on those shaving issues in the future. I would keep pressure on the parts while screwing in since the spring extends them so strongly. Would put less pressure on those threads while screwing together instead of just twisting them with that pressure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.