The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

maxi rough stack

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by rege, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rege

rege Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2010
    pa
    ok now i know what you mean i havnt got to try 6v yet because one of the 16340's they sent me was no good so i have to send them back and i cant try 2 18350's because i dont have a high resistance atty. kinda sucks

2. ArtificialReef

ArtificialReef Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2010
    Virginia
    I just used my Madvapes reward points and got a roughstack extension!! I can't wait till it gets here!! Madvapes is the best supplier of vaping supplies that I have dealt with. No complaints at all. Super Service!

3. brian5470

brian5470 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Can someone please post a picture of their maxi roughstack? Maybe in your hand and a reference as to how big it is.

4. jcleaver

jcleaver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    Palatine, IL
    Here is a couple of pics. The first in my hand, and the second behind a CD case for size comparison. Both are with the Vapemate attached.
    RSVapeCD.jpg RSVapeHand.jpg

5. brian5470

Maybe its something with my computer but I cant see the pics?

6. jcleaver

jcleaver Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 1, 2010
    Palatine, IL
    Sorry, i had to edit the post as I added them incorrectly at first. They should be there now.

7. brian5470

Thank you j for the pics I really appreciate it. I'm trying to decide between the regular rough and the maxi. I kinda like the idea of the regular for stealthiness and wanted to see how big the maxi actually is.

8. Timothy Cullen

Timothy Cullen Super Member ECF Veteran

i own the maxi and it is a awesome mod completely different.... anyways while i like it after i do the review if anyone is interested about picking one up pm me

9. FeistyAlice

FeistyAlice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Near Dallas Texas
    I've been loving my original with E2 XL carto and Storm Cherry Tip. Looks great. and pretty, understated classy. It's even tougher with a shorter carto. I have small hands and the regular is small and very stealthy. Ordered the extension, today, and look forward to having much more battery life using 18650 protected battery. With the extra length it will still be steathy and TOUGH. I really like the rock tumble and dress it up with dangle jewelry.

Alice

10. ArtificialReef

ArtificialReef Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2010
    Virginia
    Here you go...I got mine in today...used my rewards points...I LOVE IT!!!
    IMG00264.jpg IMG00265.jpg

:vapor:

11. brian5470

12. bushmaster

bushmaster Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Colville, WA
    Just to chip in my 2 cents worth, its a no-brainer to go with the Maxi if the vaping experience is foremost on your list. The 18650 battery is a man among boys compared to the 18350 in the regular Roughstack. In spite of the 1200 mah rating, I did not find the regular Roughstack superior to my 14500 boxmods in vaping quality or battery life. The 18650 is on a whole other plane. I charge my 18650 every day, but I went 2 days just to see how one would do and it was still firing fine. The 18350's sometimes didn't make a whole day (I'm a logger, my work and travel day is 15 hours).
    I did find I needed to go back to a regular Joye510 atty because the bigger battery was starving my LR atty for juice. With the regular atty, I can happily drain a cart again.
    JMO, but if you've shopped around pv's, you've seen how many that use 18350 batteries? Yeah, me too. 18650's are everywhere and kind of near the top of the heap. Batteries are every bit an investment like a pv is. Should go with one that you'll use later as your vaping evolves.
    Not to tell you what to do--just speaking from some pretty expensive personal experience. Good luck with your choice.:)

13. brian5470

Well I ended up ordering both I ordered a regular RoughStack from MadvVapes and someone contacted me about a Maxi he had only had for two weeks and i bought it from him now I am stalking the postman for both lol.

14. bushmaster

Feb 19, 2010
    Colville, WA
    If you got a good deal on the Maxi, you are set. You have a spare switch/circuit board for either. Did you order batteries for both?

15. brian5470

I got two 18350's and one 18650 and I got the maxi for $40 shipped.

16. bushmaster

Feb 19, 2010
    Colville, WA
    That works! Good price for the Maxi if its relatively new. You can use the 18350's in the shorty if you chose or stack them in the Maxi if you have a HR atty and have the nads for it.:)
    Congrats on picking a kick-... mod. I love it. When I got the tube extension and and the 18650 batteries, I genuinely felt that I had reached vaping Nirvana. I knew that I never again would need another mod. Only attys and juice from now on till my dying day.
    You're believing me, right? Hey, I believe that now, but ........you know how it is.
    The fact remains that this is the closest I've found to the perfect mod for me.
    I hope you find the same satisfaction.

17. brian5470

LoL These will be my first real mods. I haven't even got these in my hands yet and was just looking at that new provari and drooling so I know how it is exactly! Maybe Hoogie will come up with a VariStack before my willpower breaks!

18. brian5470

UPDATE! Just got my RoughStack in todays mail! Its really nice I like the rock tumbled finish and Its so small! Only about the size of a 10ml juice bottle with the cap on just slightly larger diameter. I love it! I should have my Maxi in a couple days cant wait to see it in person.

19. brian5470

I got my Maxi and this 18650 lasts for days and doesn't seem to taper off like smaller batteries. I have some 16340 3v coming to try her at 6v. I have the two 18350's but I don't have HV atty to try that yet. (notice I said yet!) hehehe.

20. King_Calculon

King_Calculon Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Be careful... 6v vaping is addictive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.