Maximum Throat Hit Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowtech

Feb 1, 2014
Knoxville, TN
Greetings community,

It is I with my second noobie post. Thanks to all who weighed in to my first. I appreciate the encouragement and the expertise.

I said over there that for cigarette replacement I am finding that 3 things are playing in heavily, in descending order:
1. Throat hit
2. vapor production
3. flavor

I am finding that I can tolerate a poor flavor if the throat hit and vapor are good, especially the TH. Sure, I want something that tastes good, but what I miss most from the stinkys is the throat hit - the "scratch".

Flavor-wise, all I have is 12 mg and 18 mg menthol cig flavor and some 18 mg and 24 mg butterscotch that I think is pretty yummy. I was told the ratio for all is 70/30 pg/vg, but what do I know?

I have learned enough to know that pg and nic % contribute most to the scratch. But I do not want to get nicotine poisoning.

Can one of you veterans give me some advice on how to get the best TH and good vapor in a juice that is palatable?

Many thanks in advance

FourWinds

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
UK
Yeah' I too hear that it's nic' PG amount, and heat of vape.

So as has been said: more nic (I'm still playing with mixing 3.6% and 2.4 to get this right for me), more heat (turn up the voltage or power, or maybe get a top coil head unit so the vape doesn't cool down so much on the way to your mouth), PG (you can get just PG bottles of unflavored, as well as VG, both with or without the nic, and flavour concentrate too. I have this in mind for fun times in the future).

atcsat64

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2014
Near San Antonio, Texas, USA
My "go to" juice has been cinnamon 24mg exactly because I have to have the scratchy throat hit. It does the trick for me on any voltage, ohm, anything so far. Whatever keeps me from the stinkies!

Guess I should have added that the cinnamon I use doesn't really have a strong cinnamon flavor, but does have the stong TH

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
My "go to" juice has been cinnamon 24mg exactly because I have to have the scratchy throat hit. It does the trick for me on any voltage, ohm, anything so far. Whatever keeps me from the stinkies!

Apple cinnamon is what got me off the analogs. Menthol because I was a menthol smoker alternated with Apple Cinnamon for the burn. Now I shudder at the thought of menthol and with the new super powers of taste & smell, I can't find a decent apple flavor.

Be aware that strong menthol & cinnamon are both tank crackers. You will need a glass or polypropylene clearo for them.

I started at 16 mg/ml but quickly had to drop to 12 and now down to 8.

I wouldn't worry too much about nicotine poisoning. You'll know immediately when you've had one draw too many. Hot flashes, dizzy, ears ringing--nothing too bad but definitely signs to put down the PV for a while.

tiffany7278

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Chicago
I recently got the itaste vv 3.0 battery and wow its amazing. That might help you too. I thought I was going to have to up my nic level when I was out drinking with friends b/c I wasnt getting that throat hit I needed. Once I got this battery ahhh problems solved. That along with a good menthol :)
( I already use 18mg nic so I was really not wanting to up that)

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
I have come to prefer a 50/50 pg/vg mix.

Good vapor and even with 12mg of nic the throat hit is good for me.

I seem to have very few flooding issues this way also. Thinner juice flooded my BCC tanks much easier.

Mount Baker Vapor will mix your juice any way you want it and they are also pretty reasonably priced. A highly recommended, ECF friendly vendor too.

I have a High Caliber brand "blue ice" flavor that has a great throat hit and tastes good also. Love their popcorn flavor too but not much of a throat hit. Damn tasty tho!
Wish I had a brick and mortar full vape store somewhere around me to have some things custom mixed locally but alas, not in my neck of the woods.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
The biggest throat hit i have experienced, is from using a rebuildable atomizer. Yep, these are more "complicated" at least untill you get the hang of it. but once you do... I never had anything (being a device or juice) that hits like a dual coil rebuildable dripping atomizer.
It hits so hard, that i actually removed one of the coils and left it as single coil! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread