Maximum voltage on 801&901 HV atties from Ikenvape???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
I have not tried either of thoes at such high voltage but I have tried both the HV 306 and HV 510 right at 7.2 volts. Yes, they do work at this voltage, but I find it unnecessary to use them at this voltage because the vapor really just becomes too hot. In my opinion the only thing it would do is weaken the flavor and give you a HOT vapor that is really just unpleasant to me.

Personally running them at 6.4v is the absloute max I would use them at as the vapor production would stay the same at even higher voltages and this would not sacrifice flavor. I usually use my HV801 around 5.5v to 5.8v for a nice cool, flavorful vapor that is thick and satisfying.

But to answer your question in short, they will not blow immeditely as long as you keep them moist but their life will definetly be reduced with the application of higher levels of heat. :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I run my Ike 801 & 901 3.5ohm atties with two rcr123a's or 6.4v. Has anyone ever tried 7.4v? I would but I like them too much to blow 'em...

ummmm, RCR123As are 3.7V batteries OTOH 2 times 3V batts (3.2 fully charge) can be used at HV with a 3.5Ohm atty. If used at 7.4 you would need a 5.2Ohm or expect very short life out your atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread