Maybe time for a Mod??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorTed

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
SoCal
I have been vaping for almost 2 months now, and currently using an eGo-T with 1100mah battery.
I am finding that I am not getting enough satisfaction frm this device.
There seems to be too much inconsistency in vapor & taste quality. When my eGo-T does work it seems to provide a decent TH along with good flavors, but then 5 minutes later I may end up with either a dull down vape or worse yet another burnt atty taste, which takes forever to go away.
I understand that dripping gives one the best performance, but I do not see myself constantly dripping drops in a pv
I reaaly want to stick to tanks if possible

I have been reading some info regarding the various mods out there provari, buzz pro etc etc.
But to me those are really just power supplies for the same type of atty's I am currently using, and will I end up with the same issues?

Could you please advise what would be the best set up to get to insure long term quality vapes:vapor:

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
I feel the same way as CorTed...I started out with the starter 510 and then the Ego T A and B then carto's and it wasn't as fulfilling as I would like and have now started smoking again. The hastle with leaking, burnt taste, muted taste and inconsistency, it all kind of got old. But, I must add the carto's when working where excellent compared to the tasteless Ego T system. I have alot of ego-t supplies and ego dual coil mega cartos and was wondering if they would work with the Provari. I would think by increasing the voltage I would get more flavor and hopefully more vapor. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to stick with a decent vapor system.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Have you tried cleaning your Ego-t atomizers yet? Ex. alcohol soak, dry burning, etc That might help you out with your current predicament. Anyways, moving up to mods is the way to go since it'll definitely give you a better vape. Something like the Provari will allow you to go from different voltages with a SR atomizer and HR will allow you to do 6V. Which will provide you with as much heat or coolness to satisfy your vaping needs.

If you really like the idea of the ego-t tank then Bottom feeders are the way to go. That's what I upgraded to when I got my first REO. More power, more juice capacity that's held in the bottle, and overall better performance.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Give this a try:
GV VISION ExTReMe™ : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
They come in a variety of sizes. They're super easy to use! I like to load up a Giant for all day vaping of the same flavor. They can be cleaned pretty easily if you want to change out the flavor.

While there, check out the regular Fluxomizer too.
These are a little harder to fill unmodded than the Visions, but are also less expensive. They still work well. These may be a better option price-wise if you have lots of different flavors and want a fist full of cartos for a little less money.

Both the Visions and the Fluxmomizers last and last through many ounces of liquid.

See the Sapphire cartos as well. They feed liquid more like the eGo T does, but with far fewer problems. No, you can't change a 'tank' on them like with the eGo or 510 T...just fill and go. I've enjoyed mine, and find they last much longer than an eGo T atomizer did for me, and at a much better price ratio.

For the eGo battery, I recommend the lower resistance versions for any of these.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I feel the same way as CorTed...I started out with the starter 510 and then the Ego T A and B then carto's and it wasn't as fulfilling as I would like and have now started smoking again. The hastle with leaking, burnt taste, muted taste and inconsistency, it all kind of got old. But, I must add the carto's when working where excellent compared to the tasteless Ego T system. I have alot of ego-t supplies and ego dual coil mega cartos and was wondering if they would work with the Provari. I would think by increasing the voltage I would get more flavor and hopefully more vapor. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to stick with a decent vapor system.

You can fit your eGo T gear on a Provari, but you'll need a little 510>510 extension to fit up under the ego skirt.

Raising the voltage on an eGo T atty does help, but....if the atty gets dry it can lead to a quick demise (easy for the eGo T to get a dry spot)! I tried this with a brand new atty on my Darwin, and wow was it nice for the first few hits. The atty got dry on me, and it popped in short order. I had only worked up to about 4.2 volts when this occured. I didn't repeat the fiasco, as it was my last ditch effort to like the eGo T, but when I kept it on eGo batteries, or at lower voltages I could usually get a least 4 weeks out of an eGo T atty (and I was vaping around 3ml a day at the time).

If you need a hard hitting PV with strong TH and a big Lung Hit to get satisfaction, consider getting a 5v or 6v mod and rocking dual coils, or get a high end VV mod if money is available. The eGo T is a trickle by comparison. Be aware that the Provari has a limit of how high it can crank up a Dual Coil carto, but the 2 or 2.5 Ohm ones do well on it. The Darwin has a limit of 3 amps current for these cartos as well, but since it can go up to 12v you can run the 3 Ohm dualies on it as well (still have the 3 amp limit)...so if you really want a knock you down hit that is also quite HOT...you might prefer a straight 5v or 6v tube or box that uses 18650 batteries ...and wait around for the Evolv 'Kick' to come out if you want to try Darwin like 'Variable Power'. If you shop around you can probably even find a VV mod that can max out the dualies (up to 5 amps)...maybe the Buzz Pro can do it? A few guys here on the forum can make inexpensive box mods for you custom as well, either with VV or maybe dual atty connections if you want to try fogging up a room with multiple cartos attached.

Last edited:

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
Thanks all for the replies. After some research I might end up with a Infinity Pro or the new Lava tube which is still in production. I just want a PV with higher volts than the Ego. Maybe a tank mod also. I hope to make a purchase with in a month. The Infinity Pro is on my short lists of mods. I need to do some more research. I want to get this right and completely get off cig's. BTW I mainly vape halo's menthols. Thanks

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Thanks all for the replies. After some research I might end up with a Infinity Pro or the new Lava tube which is still in production. I just want a PV with higher volts than the Ego. Maybe a tank mod also. I hope to make a purchase with in a month. The Infinity Pro is on my short lists of mods. I need to do some more research. I want to get this right and completely get off cig's. BTW I mainly vape halo's menthols. Thanks

I'm currently stalking the mailman waiting for my new I Pro

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
I have heard good things about the Infinity Pro....I am so close to clicking the buy button...Please report back with your thoughts on the IP. Thanks

Will do. I'll try to post some first impressions in this thread for you tomorrow. Will be at least a week or so to really see if I love it though. I asked some questions in this forum and got all favorable responses. And I can say that their shipping is quick. I ordered mine early thur morning and the tracking number shows it out for delivery now, 2 days later. If you do order one, remember to use the coupon code "ecf buzzkill" for 7.5% off. I think mine was $121 and change, with charger/batt kit and shipping using the code.

Maximillian the Impatiently Stalking

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
After toying with the ego for a while and getting tired of the lack of production it gave, I bumped up a level to a Silver Bullet. Combo with some sort of carto tank (I use j-tanks) and AW IMR batteries, you will be satisfied. I currently use that and a Reo Grand, both with AW IMR batteries. Some may say go VV or higher voltage. I suggest first going with a true 3.7v mod with the AW batts/LR cartos or attys, and see how that performs for you. my 2 cents.

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Ok, for those that were asking how my new I Pro worked...

Got my unit last evening. I had a slight issue with the switch, so was waiting to give my first impressions 'till I heard back from customer support at notcigs. Emailed them this morning, and already recieved a reply! On a Sunday!

Turns out it was an easy fix. This was the only issue I had with it. Build quality seems excellent. Feels VERY sturdy. Looking it over very closely, I could only find one TINY flaw in the finish (and I mean REAL tiny), which doesn't bother me in the least. Performance is absolutely awesome!

I ordered some smoktech 1.5Ω dcc's and 2.5Ω dccs a few weeks ago to try on my ego. Even the 1.5Ω's didn't give me enough warmth or vapor on my ego (although I do really love my ego with smoktech 1.7Ω single coils. Just don't like dcc's on them). Loaded up a 2.5Ω dcc with my favorite juice, and the results are unbelievable. A half dozen draws to dial the voltage in, and I have loads of incredibly warm and tasty vapor with no burnt taste whatsoever.

For a $100 unit, I'm completely blown away. And any vendor that will respond within hours on a sundary... And my email to them wasn't ...... off or anything. Just said I had a problem, described what it was, and asked that they get back to me as soon as possible. So Notcigs wasn't just trying to soothe a ...... off customer.

Wow.

:D

Maximillian the Died and Gone to Heaven

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered me a Provari today!!
I hope it will be a better experience than the eGo-T I currently own.

Any suggestions for preffered Atty's, Carts or Tanks to use with this animal?

You're going to love it :)

Try a Dual Coil at 2 Ohms (If you like these, there's lots of tanks that can hold them these days)

Try a Vision at 3 Ohms

If you're feeling adventurous, give one of these a try...I've yet to hear if they are any good or not.
510 Ceramic Dual Coil 3ml Clear Cartomizers - SterlingVapor E Cigs

Love them both (Dualies and Visions)...the Dualies are a bit much for me most of the day though so I keep them around for when I want a serious kick, so I mostly use the Visions as an all day vape. The Visions have a wetter but very flavorful hit to me...milder Throat Hit, and I can get a long slow lung full with them. The Dualies feel more dry to me...and they hit pretty hard, so I take short quick puffs from them (more like a real ciggy).

For atties I like the 801. It's a larger atty platform. The standard carts for these do work well in them. They're good drippers, but I usually just load a cart for these and get a good hour before needing to top off. I like these for liquids I don't vape as often.

Keep in mind, it's all subjective.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread