MBV pulls cinnamon juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Let's get the correct story out there though, ok? First off I just had a delivery two days ago
of an 'ice' flavor from them.
Here is their statement on their FB page. If YOU chose to continue vaping cinnamon
from another vendor that is your choice. They are being cautious because of some
recent studies. From MBV:

Mt Baker Vapor
about an hour ago near Bellingham, WA
Here at Mt Baker Vapor we have been following the recent studies about Cinnamon flavors very closely. At this time we do not have enough information to make a statement on the issue either way. At this time we have decided to remove any flavors that contain Cinnamon while we continue our research. Our biggest concern is our customers and their health. We will keep you all posted on this situation. Please feel free to contact at support@mtbakervapor.com if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
Let's get the correct story out there though, ok? First off I just had a delivery two days ago
Here is their statement on their FB page. If YOU chose to continue vaping cinnamon
from another vendor that is your choice. They are being cautious because of some

Mt Baker Vapor
Here at Mt Baker Vapor we have been following the recent studies about Cinnamon flavors very closely. At this time we do not have enough information to make a statement on the issue either way. At this time we have decided to remove any flavors that contain Cinnamon while we continue our research. Our biggest concern is our customers and their health. We will keep you all posted on this situation. Please feel free to contact at support@mtbakervapor.com if you have any comments, questions or concerns.

So they finally got the ice flavor in? Eh, still rather not gamble with them. (Just browsed their site a little and it seems even though "ice" is back the flavors I was talking about, the fruit ice flavors or whatever they were, aren't even offered anymore.) I don't blame them for not wanting to get sued over the cinnamon though.

Last edited:

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Crap about me or the bottom line?

Most likely a little bit about both. Look I know some of you are not MBV fans, I get it.
And you are certainly free to buy your cinnamon juices from another vendor. But there
IS a concern, how serious or not is hard to say cuz of the ANTZ and other propaganda
hell bent on destroying this industry, about cinnamon juices. Make your own decisions.
And it really isn't called for in this thread to bash MBV if you don't like them. It's their
choice to pull these juices. And they've stated they pulled them until further evidence
comes out one way or the other.

pcrdude

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2013
I love MBV cinnamon roll, so I'll really miss that one if it stays gone. :(

I also love cinnamon red hots flavor in general, and am curious about the study. Specifically, is it lung exposure to the vapor concentrations, or much higher concentrations like found in the concentrated flavor components?

And what about red hot cinnamon candy itself?????

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State

Mt Baker Vapor

I wasn't aware that I got the wrong story out there - I was posting from my phone or I would have linked to the post from MBV. I'm not bashing the company at all, just posting information about an extremely popular vendor's decision to pull several of their popular flavors due to potential health concerns. It is certainly their right to pull the juices - I would like to think they are doing it for the perceived safety of their customers, but I can certainly understand why they might have reservations from a legal standpoint.

I do hope other vendors will add a disclaimer to their cinnamon juices (they could even have customers acknowledge their awareness of the potential health concerns with cinnamon flavorings) instead of pulling them off the shelf. As an adult, I am willing to accept the potential consequences of enjoying the occasional cinnamon vape, just as I was willing to accept the consequences of smoking analogs for the better part of 20 years and just as I am willing to accept the myriad of potential consequences with a thousand other decisions I make throughout a normal day.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I love MBV cinnamon roll, so I'll really miss that one if it stays gone. :(

I also love cinnamon red hots flavor in general, and am curious about the study. Specifically, is it lung exposure to the vapor concentrations, or much higher concentrations like found in the concentrated flavor components?

And what about red hot cinnamon candy itself?????

I'm not sure if the potential danger lies with lung exposure or just absorption in general, but someone on the post from MBV indicated that the potential harm is to the growth of embryonic cells in our bodies. Someone linked the study above, but I wasn't able to get a whole lot out of it.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
IN 4 YEARS OF VAPING, CINNAMON OIL BASED FLAVORS ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT MADE MY LUNGS FEEL SCORCHED…
Sorry for the caps…

so, I have avoided them period.

at any rate, this is a good move… a proactive move by them… I respect that…

now, anyone know about non-oil based cinnamon flavoring? same concerns?

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I wasn't aware that I got the wrong story out there - I was posting from my phone or I would have linked to the post from MBV. I'm not bashing the company at all, just posting information about an extremely popular vendor's decision to pull several of their popular flavors due to potential health concerns. It is certainly their right to pull the juices - I would like to think they are doing it for the perceived safety of their customers, but I can certainly understand why they might have reservations from a legal standpoint.

I do hope other vendors will add a disclaimer to their cinnamon juices (they could even have customers acknowledge their awareness of the potential health concerns with cinnamon flavorings) instead of pulling them off the shelf. As an adult, I am willing to accept the potential consequences of enjoying the occasional cinnamon vape, just as I was willing to accept the consequences of smoking analogs for the better part of 20 years and just as I am willing to accept the myriad of potential consequences with a thousand other decisions I make throughout a normal day.

I was a little confused by the Lets get the story straight line as well

I did not see any contradiction from what you said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread