Mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
They good and I've done a full tank and no problem, batts still good, no heat from the batts while I was using it, on my topside dual now cause I can't be bothered to refill my reload
Just make sure you CAN be bothered to clean and maintain that tube bud. :rolleyes:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
We all get excited to blow big clouds at a funeral;)

I have used one of my Profile RTAs on a mech before with good results but I don’t use the 0.10 strip I got on the one tank now obviously because it becomes too hot. I have two profile RTAs and right now one tank has 0.1 mesh in it and the other has 0.15 ohm mesh in it.

I stick to mainly regulated with both of them because They are lower ohm mesh strips but If you can get different strips of mesh then I’m sure it would provide a good vape. I bring both of the tanks to work everyday and put them on my durable jackaroo mod. I just use regulated at work since I work construction and it’s not a good environment for mech mods.

Just note mesh heats up really fast compared to regular winded coils so don’t go pushing the limits or using the strips that the tank comes with. 0.19 or more sounds perfect.

• Winner
Reactions: Marper

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I used a profile rda on a mech for a while. Very responsive, and worked well. But I used 30a and 35a batteries to keep a margin of safety since the .18 coils I had with it was a few amps over 20. For me that is too close to 25a to use a 25a battery, and it is over the cdr of a 20a battery.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I'm loving this tube but I'm thinking of getting a mesh profile unity rta in gold to stick on it, I know I will be within the safe limits for the 18650 batt using the .19 or the .26 strips, what do you think?

Never tried the mesh strips you speak of – have tried a 0.18 ohm strip, at full battery on a mech it made for a very angry vape. Didn’t care for it. Prefer it much more at 40 to 50 watts using a regulated device. Doesn’t hurt to try, assuming your resistance falls within your batteries CDR limits. But don’t get your hopes up – mesh tends to enjoy less power than what a mech delivers based on the strip’s resistance.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
25rs are rated for 25 amps and I'm sure they good enough, I did try my profile on my tube with the .19 in,yeah its angry but it wasn't unpleasant, so I'm thinking the .26 might be good, I do like mesh for the ramp up,but I'm reading about it so I'll tell you what's happening later, thanks
25Rs are rated for 20a actually.

gsmit1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2018
Never tried the mesh strips you speak of – have tried a 0.18 ohm strip, at full battery on a mech it made for a very angry vape. Didn’t care for it. Prefer it much more at 40 to 50 watts using a regulated device. Doesn’t hurt to try, assuming your resistance falls within your batteries CDR limits. But don’t get your hopes up – mesh tends to enjoy less power than what a mech delivers based on the strip’s resistance.
This is pretty much my experience with mesh strips on a mech. To a tee. I found it really easy to burn up that cotton no matter how I wicked it and mesh works well for me on lower power devices while regular coil attys are a lot more versatile on a mech.

Not saying nobody should like mesh on their mechs, but I just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread