mechanical battery mod question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooboi

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
United States
I'm currently in the middle of designing my own mechanical battery mod. Though, I'm not too good with electric conductivity work, and got a few questions for you veterans out there.

1. if the positive connector is separated by silicone plastic from the rest of the aluminum / copper / stainless steel casing (the battery tube) it would prevent voltage drop?

2. in your opinion which would be a better material to be use for the positive post, brass or metal magnets?

3. how big of the role does the negative connector plays? does it matter what kind of metal material i use as long as it conducts?

Thanks in advance. And I apologize if I posted in the wrong section of the forum.

zerocool5878

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2010
Concord NC
I'm currently in the middle of designing my own mechanical battery mod. Though, I'm not too good with electric conductivity work, and got a few questions for you veterans out there.

1. if the positive connector is separated by silicone plastic from the rest of the aluminum / copper / stainless steel casing (the battery tube) it would prevent voltage drop?

Not sure what you mean by voltage drop. The positive post must be isolated from the main body to prevent a short if thats what you mean. If not would you please clarify.

2. in your opinion which would be a better material to be use for the positive post, brass or metal magnets? Brass IMO

3. how big of the role does the negative connector plays? does it matter what kind of metal material i use as long as it conducts? A good ground is the key to getting consistent performance.
It really doesn't matter what conductive metal you are using as long as it is a clean transfer of energy. You should watch for plating though. There have been issues with poor nickel plating that has cause problems. When dealing with aluminum, copper, and brass they can tarnish pretty easy and will require you to do regular cleaning to maintain a proper ground. If you can use stainless steel as I have never had an issue with it.

Thanks in advance. And I apologize if I posted in the wrong section of the forum.

Hope that helps... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread