Mechanical Mod Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocuZZa00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
New Jersey
While going through some boxes I found a few of my old mods. I’ve been out of the vape game for quite awhile so I’ve lost touch with the market demand, technology, etc in the vape world.

Are the old tube mech mods like an authentic Manhattan V1 sought after? Is there a market for these “collectible” authentic mods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I personally still use mechs and do have a collection. I've looked into ones that I always wanted but never got and there is a market. It just depends on the mod and how bad someone wants it for pricing. I've seen somethings go for 3x what they were new and I've seen mods you just can't give away.

Generally though, anything high end (made well of course) retains the value, especially if it's been discontinued.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Old collectible tube mechs have some value, but you need to be realistic. Just because someone paid $600 for a Caravela 4 years ago doesn't mean it will bring $500 today. The influx of affordable authentic mods priced at or around 100 bucks has definitely impacted the market for used high-end mech mods. Clones have also had an effect on the market, to some extent.

I have sold a LOT of stuff here and at "the other forum that cannot be named here" and one thing is absolutely certain: Anything will sell if it is priced correctly. Anything. If it doesn't sell, your price is too high.

I see a lot of folks that value their stuff too highly and price it accordingly and then scratch their heads when nobody buys it. If your stuff really is worth that much to YOU, be prepared to keep it.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I would have thought that there would be interest in an authentic Manhattan V1.
How much something is worth is directly related to what someone is prepared to pay for it. I know this seems like stating the obvious, but as GPjoe said some people have some funny ideas about the value of second hand goods.

Try registering on the ECF classifieds and giving it a punt.

• Agree

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I would have thought that there would be interest in an authentic Manhattan V1.
How much something is worth is directly related to what someone is prepared to pay for it. I know this seems like stating the obvious, but as GPjoe said some people have some funny ideas about the value of second hand goods.

Try registering on the ECF classifieds and giving it a punt.

The Fuhattan hurts the sale of the Manhattan. That said there are heavy Manhattan followers, it's just finding them. The Manhattan is a way better mod but there are so many stories of it's so close to the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread