Meddling neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
It's why I love living on seven acres. My nearest neighbor is well over 1000 feet away from my house.

Yup, I have to agree with that Angus. I have an acre of land and two streets to separate me from my neighbors. I do have to say that my closest neighbors are nice people, mind their own business, friendly, helpful, etc. It's only one guy that I mentioned in an earlier post, who sticks his nose in everyone's business, but I think he got the message to mind his own business.

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
I had a neighbor, whose dog would come running up to my yard, whenever I was outside and start barking at me. One day I had enough of the little blankety-blank, so I took a broom and chased it all the way back to it's house. That's the last I saw of that mutt !!

Years back, I had a neighbor's dog come and steal a steak off our grill.
I was soooo ticked.

Firegrl

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.geekgods.net
I always seem to buy a house because the people around it are nice, then I move in and all the nice people move away!

My neighbors aren't bad, but I'm getting sick and tired of nobody taking care of their front yards. Weeds so tall, you think they're bushes! Here in NM, we are a desert, so most people xeriscape their yards to conserve water. If your yard is xeriscaped, you really only have to go out and pull a few weeds here and there (or spray them) and I can do both my yards in about 30 minutes. So why does my neighbor INSIST on growing weeds the size of trees? My neighbor on the other side is elderly and can't take care of himself, so I will pick some of his weeds for him. But my other neighbors are a young, athletic couple in their 20's. PULL YOU DAMN WEEDS!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
It's why I love living on seven acres. My nearest neighbor is well over 1000 feet away from my house.

I envy you. I plan on selling my house in Houston and finding a large plot of land, minimum 7 acres. Prefferably wooded. Then clear an area in the center and build an Earthship. Have a 4 car garage with a lift and another building for my glass studio.

Ah, that would be heaven.

Sorry to go OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread