Status
Not open for further replies.

VaVaunt

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
Florida, USA
I just found this thread:
E-Cigarette: “But DOC! I am not Smoking I am Vaping” « The MedBonsai
Looks like someone else here found it too. Check out the first comment made.
Mine is awaiting approval.
Here's what I had to say:
years on New Years 2012, and haven’t had a puff on a cigarette since. And I’ve tried everything on god’s green earth to quit, and never could. Big Tobacco is behind this, and it’s just proof that politicans are -again – going to stick their nose into our business through having their pockets lined by Big Tobacco lobbyists-ban cigarettes that contain thousands of carcinogens-and leave vaping to those of us who want to inhale flavored water. I carry around a stylish, slim vape tube now-instead of a cancer stick, that would within time have me carrying around an oxygen tank!

You'd think a medical person would be happy to see vaping! Grrrrr:evil:

Last edited:

roadkillstewie

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2012
Spring
If he's a medical profesional of some sort...which would appear to be the case, he has barriers
and obstacles that we as mere consumers do not.

If we READ and pay attention to the article, we can see where the author states he believes
that E-cigs are potentially better/safer alternatives than smoking, but are not without some POSSIBLE
risks. If we say there aren't..we're lying to ourselves...

The thing a bit back about people needing to check nicotine levels, due to some people recieving bottles
that were considerably far OFF from the marked level of nicotine is a prime example.

Penny02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
over the rainbow
I work in a hospital, where I vape happily both in my office and the office of others who are so glad that I've stopped analogs that they don't care what else I might do. My boss, an MD, smoked for years. He tried mine, loved it and after having to share mine with him for awhile, now proudly vapes his own just about everywhere.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Just wanted to say I made a comment on his website thanking him. If you look at his comments he looks as though he really feels the e-cig is a good thing. He just has to worry about lawsuits and FDA approval like any other doctor. Unfortunately, his hands are tied by the very agency that is supposed to help the people of this country.....the FDA. Of course this is not news to anyone who has been vaping for awhile. I just wish he could post more of the positive tests of e-cigs and not just the FDA tests. But again there are probably laws against that.

CV

Docliv

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
North Las Vegas
Just wanted to say I made a comment on his website thanking him. If you look at his comments he looks as though he really feels the e-cig is a good thing. He just has to worry about lawsuits and FDA approval like any other doctor. Unfortunately, his hands are tied by the very agency that is supposed to help the people of this country.....the FDA. Of course this is not news to anyone who has been vaping for awhile. I just wish he could post more of the positive tests of e-cigs and not just the FDA tests. But again there are probably laws against that.

CV

I agree this doctor seems very positive about harm reduction through e-cig use, but because of his situation he has to be careful. I posted a rather extensive comment on his site as well, most of which has been posted on ECF in the Echo thread.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
He just has to worry about lawsuits and FDA approval
like any other doctor.
CV
Not only can telling the truth get ya sued and punished by the our FDA...
Telling the truth about e-cigs is also Politically Incorrect which in today's world
the worst thing you can do is be Politically Incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread