Menthol e juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
So I️ watched this vaping documentary and it proved that vaping is better for you than smoking, one thing it said though was that vaping menthol e juice is as bad as smoking menthol cigarettes and that inhaling anything menthol for you is worse for you than vaping say a fruit kind of juice. Is this true ? Cause I️ am still dual using and want to quit and was thinking about getting some naked menthol juice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

Sludge Van Diesel

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Barnet UK
Reactions: Eskie

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
I sore that as well a while ago. I only vape menthol e juice and have done for years. It's probably not healthy but would of thought it's way better than smoking. Vape on.

Yeah i’m vaping menthol too lol . I️ looked it up and haven’t seen anything so i’m thinking it was bs lol

• Agree
Reactions: mattiem

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
My understanding is that menthol has serious issues. It’s not cancer causing but can recrystallize in your lungs so it contributes to things like bronchitis and other pulmonary diseases. Plus you get to occasionally cough up blue which is extra creepy. So basically it’s not great. That said it’s still Still not as bad as menthol cigarettes, or probably even non menthol ones. If what you need to quit smoking is to vape menthol flavors I personally would say do it. Once you’re off the cigarettes you can worry about getting off the menthol, which should be worlds easier to do.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Where did you see it’s approved by fda
If the fact that "it's an ingredient in products" isn't good enough for you, there's always this database of officially-approved inactive ingredients:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/iig/getiigWEB.cfm

(EDIT: Oh, I guess that just links to the search page. Type in "menthol" and sort by "route"; you should see "inhalation" on the first page of results.)

My understanding is that menthol has serious issues. It’s not cancer causing but can recrystallize in your lungs so it contributes to things like bronchitis and other pulmonary diseases. Plus you get to occasionally cough up blue which is extra creepy. So basically it’s not great.
Odd that a clear/white substance would leave a blue residue, don't you think?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If the fact that "it's an ingredient in products" isn't good enough for you, there's always this database of officially-approved inactive ingredients:

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/iig/getiigWEB.cfm

(EDIT: Oh, I guess that just links to the search page. Type in "menthol" and sort by "route"; you should see "inhalation" on the first page of results.)

Odd that a clear/white substance would leave a blue residue, don't you think?

Just to make this a little easier, Vicks Vaporub. Great to breathe in when you have a chest cold/bronchitis.

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
My understanding is that menthol has serious issues. It’s not cancer causing but can recrystallize in your lungs so it contributes to things like bronchitis and other pulmonary diseases. Plus you get to occasionally cough up blue which is extra creepy. So basically it’s not great. That said it’s still Still not as bad as menthol cigarettes, or probably even non menthol ones. If what you need to quit smoking is to vape menthol flavors I personally would say do it. Once you’re off the cigarettes you can worry about getting off the menthol, which should be worlds easier to do.

If that’s the case then why does the fda say it’s okay to inhale?

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
Just to make this a little easier, Vicks Vaporub. Great to breathe in when you have a chest cold/bronchitis.

Yeah I️ was gonna say I️ remember using Vick’s a lot when I️ was little. If that doesn’t have any ill effects of inhaling menthol? Why would vaping? [emoji848]

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yeah I️ was gonna say I️ remember using Vick’s a lot when I️ was little. If that doesn’t have any ill effects of inhaling menthol? Why would vaping? [emoji848]

Maybe because people don’t use half a bottle a day fo 20 years?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

CCVapes23

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.