Merged old sticky threads (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
I've got a problem with my Stick... I'm getting a plastic taste... I've cleaned the atty, replaced the batting again (and have less than normal in it and made sure that there are no strays lose to touch the atty, and have the batting in the cart so deep in the mouth-piece area that there is no way it's near the atty).. Yet, all I taste is burnt plastic... Any ideas on what I should do next???

Thankys for any suggestions...

Are you getting a plastic taste or a burnt plastic taste? You mentioned both. Is the stick new or have you had it awhile? Is it primer fluid you taste or are you well past the primer fluid stage? I'm not sure how well it can wick if the batting is nowhere near the atty.

A few things to try...
1. Try dripping with no cart
2. Use a different atty
3. Use a different cart
4. Put a few drops of juice on the atty
5. Try a different battery

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Are you getting a plastic taste or a burnt plastic taste? You mentioned both. Is the stick new or have you had it awhile? Is it primer fluid you taste or are you well past the primer fluid stage? I'm not sure how well it can wick if the batting is nowhere near the atty.

A few things to try...
1. Try dripping with no cart
2. Use a different atty
3. Use a different cart
4. Put a few drops of juice on the atty
5. Try a different battery

Hi Hi Never,

I've only had the stick for about a month....

I did try to use no cart and the taste is not there.. Oh yeah, it's a burnt taste I've been getting... I just put a new cart in and got the same thing, so I cut the batting again and it's really a small amount (like half the normal amount), and no burnt taste... This is weird since this new cart was an origional and unused.. I always make sure I have enough juice on the atty, in fear of burning them out...

I'm going to get more attys at the first of the month.. I've got 7 batterys for it and it didn't matter what one I used... I guess it was the batting in the cart burning, but it wasn't even alot... I hope it stays decent without the burning taste, I had to brush my teeth a bunch of time to get the taste outta my mouth *LOL*

Thank You for helping, I truely appreciate it :D :)

nevergonnaleavetn

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2009
Hi Hi Never,

I've only had the stick for about a month....

I did try to use no cart and the taste is not there.. Oh yeah, it's a burnt taste I've been getting... I just put a new cart in and got the same thing, so I cut the batting again and it's really a small amount (like half the normal amount), and no burnt taste... This is weird since this new cart was an origional and unused.. I always make sure I have enough juice on the atty, in fear of burning them out...

I'm going to get more attys at the first of the month.. I've got 7 batterys for it and it didn't matter what one I used... I guess it was the batting in the cart burning, but it wasn't even alot... I hope it stays decent without the burning taste, I had to brush my teeth a bunch of time to get the taste outta my mouth *LOL*

Thank You for helping, I truely appreciate it :D :)

I got that burnt taste when I used the high bridge DSE801 atty. I didn't get it with the low bridge atty that came with the stick. The low bridge doesn't stick so far down into the cart. Glad you got it going. :)

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
how to
-use old js thread and screw adapter in tighten
-use pincers to hold end of js thread tight
-push adapter until adapter's shell is separate out
that's it, it's easy to tell but hard to try by without scratch on adapter.:)

UHHH What?

I'd love to eliminate this resistor but don't want to destroy a $20 adapter to do it. Does anyone know which end of the unit has the resistor? Is it near the 510 connector or the 810? How hard is it to pull one of these connectors to get to it?

I still want to know WHY the hell is there one at all!! What possible function could it serve?

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I was looking at Joyetech's site and noticed they list the Janty Stick as one of thier products:

Electronic Cigarette,E-Cigarette Products

Funny they list it as an "Electronic Inhalation Device". Aren't all thier products this?

Do they make the stick for Janty? It would seem odd for them to carry it on thier site if they didn't make it. Thy're a manufacturer, not a rep or distributor.

Just curious.

Last edited:
I've been using Altsmoke's 801 to 510 adapter in my Janty Stick and it works great. The trick is to screw the 510 atomizer tightly into the adapter, and then lightly screw the adapter into the Janty Stick. Do not screw it in too tight, then it won't get stuck...

I ordered one of the new 510 adapters from Janty and when I get it I will post a comparison between it and the Altsmoke adapter.

What is this talk of a resistor in the adapter? What's that for?

steven.rn

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Ohio
Well, I wasn't sure if the 510 adaptor would live up to it's promise- and I was pretty skeptical when I heard it still contained a resistor- but I have to say it works pretty darn good. My wife had a straight through adaptor, so I changed it on her and asked her to try it out- she didn't notice the difference, (except she said the airflow seemed better) and t'was fine.

I personally think the straight through hits a bit harder- but blindfolded, and having someone else press the button- dunno if I'd bet I could pick it out for sure.

That aside, good work- a good adaptor. I'm pleased with it, and who knows; I haven't looked at the guts to know if there's a resistor or not- but if there is, mayhap the atty will live a bit longer because of it. I'd buy a second one. Great vapor on the stick, 510 style vaping, and the better battery life of the 10440. This goes a long way to redeeming Janty's tech efforts in my eyes.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread