Which Janty Stick type will you be getting?

• Automatic

• Manual

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
I was supposed to be part of the beta stick program, but I never received an email or anything from Jeff. I did correspond with Ludo and he said since there were just 10 to review, that I would probably be in line when it was time to pass one of them around. I just figured I just got left out so I ordered one anyway. Oh, well.... I hope you hear something from that person in Oregon.

Last edited:

MrBrown

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Hurst, TX
The Janty Stick has a really good price point IMHO but the DuraC is not.

DuraC @ Janty - $58.95

JoyE 510 @ electronicstix - 47.50

JoyE 510 @ eastmall - $43

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

DW

Sadly it was the JoyE 510 that ate my mustache. I would have paid way more then 11.45 to avoid that one. Quality control makes a huge difference.

I do not "complain". I post honest information.

The other poster said he would rather pay less so I pointed out that Janty does not provide that.

DW

If you say it once, your informing. Say it twice and your nagging (don't you have a wife to show you that?) more than twice and your just whining and looking for attention. j/k

Seriously though between the US FDA issues, custom's issues, and increased demands due to skyrocketing tobacco taxes, I'd say Janty has held up pretty well. I can't seem to get the ecigar I want, and no hope of finding a place that sells a 601 pipe and has refill carts and batteries for it. But I do feel confident that I'll get my order from Janty.

I do agree that not telling you that what you're ordering is out of stock and will be delayed, but that is likely just a bad online ordering system. Then again I design database software (which a shopping cart or stock tracking system is) and will always tell you you need to upgrade.

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
Ethan, when I add a second battery to my cart that already has the Stick in it, I'm not getting the $2.00 price that other people get for the second battery.

I went ahead and placed the order, and am paying by check (grrrr I hate Paypal). I know it's only $1.20, but money is money and a deal should be a deal for all. Can I deduct the $1.20 from my total invoice amount? The order # is 4713.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Dumwaldo--Janty Dura-C is $58.95, and the Joy 510 from another U.S. vendor is $47.50, and that same vendor charges $10.99 for a 510 atomizer. With Janty's 6 month warranty, geesh . . . you need ONE replacement atomizer, and the Janty Dura-C has basically paid for itself.

I'm not slamming the competition, but if you're going to compare, it ought to be an honest comparison. For many folks, a 6 month warranty versus 14 days is worth the extra $$.

ramblingrose

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
New Jersey USA
Dumwaldo--Janty Dura-C is $58.95, and the Joy 510 from another U.S. vendor is $47.50, and that same vendor charges $10.99 for a 510 atomizer. With Janty's 6 month warranty, geesh . . . you need ONE replacement atomizer, and the Janty Dura-C has basically paid for itself.

I'm not slamming the competition, but if you're going to compare, it ought to be an honest comparison. For many folks, a 6 month warranty versus 14 days is worth the extra $$.
I don't get why Janty should be slammed for their pricing like this. E-SmokeyTreats charges almost double what you can find a 4075/901 for, adding an atty and a 3 month warranty. But aren't badmouthed for it.
It's all open market, and prices are all over the place on everything.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
I found that some vendors, including Janty, respond when they are contacted via their website instead of straight up e-mail. My gut feeling is that private email can fall into their spam folders or it's just not read often enough due to a lack of staff. Conversely, the website is a vendor's main source of business, obviously, and it is manned accordingly to accommodate the traffic of new sales as well as repeat customers.

JaneDoe

Apr 22, 2009
New Orleans
Thanks livlife. I just sent an email to that address. :)

I'm pretty sure I like Janty's liquid just a little too much. I may need a support group soon.

If only there were more flavors available on the USA site....:hubba: ... chocolate :hubba: ... vanilla :hubba: ... mmmmm ... :hubba::hubba::hubba:

Dreaming of Janty,
Treece

I agree. With all this talk of the RY4, I really want to try it, but Janty USA doesn't have it. Neither do they have the rose, which I want to try as well. The Janty website has 5 pages of flavors and the Janty USA site has 2 pages of flavors.

Maybe somebody can tell me what's in the RY4 and I'll make my own?? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread