Status
Not open for further replies.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
AugVape reached out to me and sent me a Sample of their upcoming Merlin RDTA for the purpose of getting my opinion on it.

I've been running it through the ringers for the last couple of weeks and I've enjoyed it so far.
  • It's a 24mm RDTA
  • Dual post with massive holes
  • Huge Cotton wick holes
  • Unique fill method, down between the posts
I'm going to hold off on reviewing it until they release it, but here are some shots of it.

Merlin-2_zpsqkx0t4hx.jpg
Merlin-1_zpscfboagws.jpg
Merlin-4_zpsprs3qprd.jpg
Merlin-3_zpssblri4of.jpg
Merlin-5_zpsd1jitwja.jpg
Merlin-5_zpsd1jitwja.jpg

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Yeah I scored when I got a hold of a Sampler, I have a couple of con's and provided them them the feedback. But overall though I've been enjoying it and believe they have a potential winner here. The Black and Gold version really is very sexy, word is they should be out around the end of this month. Once I get the released tank I'll pop my full thoughts on it.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico

Good to know, but I read someplace else it was 3.5ml. Granted, not much different than 4ml, but even with the larger tank on the Limitless+ I am filling quite often. I think it has a 6.3ml tank. So even a 4ml is kinda small to me. These RDTAs go through the juice pretty damn quick.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Good to know, but I read someplace else it was 3.5ml. Granted, not much different than 4ml, but even with the larger tank on the Limitless+ I am filling quite often. I think it has a 6.3ml tank. So even a 4ml is kinda small to me. These RDTAs go through the juice pretty damn quick.
With the fill method on it being so easy I really don't think anything about it

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Should be out in a couple of weeks now, I'm really itching to get the black and gold version.

The Sample I have really has become my daily vape, it's seriously that good and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they made. It "may" be the same but from what I've heard there should be a couple of minor improvements to the production one.

hertigg

Verified Member
May 11, 2015
Should be out in a couple of weeks now, I'm really itching to get the black and gold version.

The Sample I have really has become my daily vape, it's seriously that good and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they made. It "may" be the same but from what I've heard there should be a couple of minor improvements to the production one.
How does it compare to other RDTA's that are already on the market like the limitless rdta?

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
How does it compare to other RDTA's that are already on the market like the limitless rdta?
I had the Limitless Plus, wasn't impressed and ended up giving it away. It's a "Clouds Bro" Atty and the flavor wasn't there.
I have the VGod Trick Tank Pro, really like it but the Merlin has nudged it out. I still really, really like it but I really have been digging the Merlin RDTA.
The Avocado, don't own one but have Vaped on it and it's decent, but like the VGod and Merlin better.

The flavor is excellent on the Merlin then the looks and fill method .......... yeah, been really digging it.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Oh and that drip tip seriously is awesome, it's so comfortable, pretty much a perfect drip tip IMO

yeah, I've been digging it, digging it a lot.
Do you get constant spit-back, from the juice condensation build-up on the top of the fill-port plug?

This was mentioned in the DJLsbVapes review above. I'm wondering if they're planning to do something about it for the production run, if it's true. I've pretty much decided to own one of these, and that's my only nagging doubt (so far).

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Do you get constant spit-back, from the juice condensation build-up on the top of the fill-port plug?

This was mentioned in the DJLsbVapes review above. I'm wondering if they're planning to do something about it for the production run, if it's true. I've pretty much decided to own one of these, and that's my only nagging doubt (so far).
I really haven't noticed any

Reactions: man00ver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread