The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Merlin RDTA

Discussion in 'RTA' started by r055co, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. r055co

r055co Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    AugVape reached out to me and sent me a Sample of their upcoming Merlin RDTA for the purpose of getting my opinion on it.

I've been running it through the ringers for the last couple of weeks and I've enjoyed it so far.
    • It's a 24mm RDTA
    • Dual post with massive holes
    • Huge Cotton wick holes
    • Unique fill method, down between the posts
    I'm going to hold off on reviewing it until they release it, but here are some shots of it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Looks real nice! Would be interested in your thoughts as well.

3. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Yeah I scored when I got a hold of a Sampler, I have a couple of con's and provided them them the feedback. But overall though I've been enjoying it and believe they have a potential winner here. The Black and Gold version really is very sexy, word is they should be out around the end of this month. Once I get the released tank I'll pop my full thoughts on it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DP2Raja

DP2Raja Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Really like the looks of this puppy. I wish it held 4-5ml of juice though. But love the rest of the concept.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Me too! 4-5 ml would've been nice!

6. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    It's 4ml ;)

• Like Like x 2
  7. man00ver

man00ver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    Hmmm. I never had an RDTA before. Maybe this will be the one.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MMW

MMW Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    Looks pretty nice. I've seen a few photos on instagram and Failbook.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DP2Raja

DP2Raja Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Good to know, but I read someplace else it was 3.5ml. Granted, not much different than 4ml, but even with the larger tank on the Limitless+ I am filling quite often. I think it has a 6.3ml tank. So even a 4ml is kinda small to me. These RDTAs go through the juice pretty damn quick.

10. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    With the fill method on it being so easy I really don't think anything about it

11. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH
    It has similar fill to the Cthulhu Gaia and Bombertech Pindad. I have the Gaia on the way and will be grabbing this when it comes out for sure.

12. WharfRat1976

WharfRat1976 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    And they go genny style?

13. MMW

Oct 8, 2015
    NH

• Like Like x 1
  14. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Should be out in a couple of weeks now, I'm really itching to get the black and gold version.

The Sample I have really has become my daily vape, it's seriously that good and I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they made. It "may" be the same but from what I've heard there should be a couple of minor improvements to the production one.

15. hertigg

hertigg Full Member Verified Member

May 11, 2015
    How does it compare to other RDTA's that are already on the market like the limitless rdta?

16. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    I had the Limitless Plus, wasn't impressed and ended up giving it away. It's a "Clouds Bro" Atty and the flavor wasn't there.
    I have the VGod Trick Tank Pro, really like it but the Merlin has nudged it out. I still really, really like it but I really have been digging the Merlin RDTA.
    The Avocado, don't own one but have Vaped on it and it's decent, but like the VGod and Merlin better.

The flavor is excellent on the Merlin then the looks and fill method .......... yeah, been really digging it.

17. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Oh and that drip tip seriously is awesome, it's so comfortable, pretty much a perfect drip tip IMO

yeah, I've been digging it, digging it a lot.

18. man00ver

man00ver Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    Do you get constant spit-back, from the juice condensation build-up on the top of the fill-port plug?

This was mentioned in the DJLsbVapes review above. I'm wondering if they're planning to do something about it for the production run, if it's true. I've pretty much decided to own one of these, and that's my only nagging doubt (so far).

19. r055co

Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    I really haven't noticed any

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.