Status
Not open for further replies.

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
I'm sorry, I'm frustrated.
I've watched many times and different videos on this on youtube/ecf. This does not make any sense to me at all.
Today, finally, got my 2 genesis - aga-t+ as I was 100% sure my did clone is defective or w/e, I didn't like looks of it anyway.
I've done the petar k method...
Rolled mesh that came with aga, burned it 3 times with juice, done coil with drill bit.
Putting mesh inside, slowly patiantly, pressing fire button BOOM the hatred flows inside me, because... yep, the damn coil just burned instantly... fffuuuuuuuuuuuu
help me.

bright flash on top and it breaks, it's always on top.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
got my 2 genesis - aga-t+
Rolled mesh that came with aga, burned it 3 times with juice, done coil with drill bit.
Putting mesh inside, slowly patiantly, pressing fire button BOOM the hatred flows inside me, because... yep, the damn coil just burned instantly...

Ok, I'm new to RBA's myself. What device are you setting up your AGA up for? What was the ohm rating or resistance of your coil? What voltage did you start out with prior to the coil popping? Need facts and details.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
I'm sorry, I'm frustrated.
I've watched many times and different videos on this on youtube/ecf. This does not make any sense to me at all.
Today, finally, got my 2 genesis - aga-t+ as I was 100% sure my did clone is defective or w/e, I didn't like looks of it anyway.
Putting mesh inside, slowly patiantly, pressing fire button BOOM the hatred flows inside me, because... yep, the damn coil just burned instantly... fffuuuuuuuuuuuu
help me.

Welcome to the world of rba's. Reading & watching won't get IT. You must have a lot of FaIL & want it bad enough to stick with it. There is probably nothing we could tell you that you have not already seen or red. I I finally got it right & got 4 coils in row right in 5/ten min each & then did one last night & it took me an hour LOL. Practice,practice,practice. Sounds like a twisted coil. You gotta get them straight. More info.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
as much as you dont want to here it you are shorting out. Did you pre burn the coil before inserting the wick? This makes it a little stiffer get it glowing red a few times then insert the wick. I burn and quench my wick in distilled water 4 or 5 times then burn with juice at least 5 times I know everyone says 3 times but I do it a few more and I dont seem to have issues.
also a little trick is fold a small section of one edge the length of your wick when you roll the wick make sure the folded edge is down or inside of the wick and your fold is the out side edge this insures you dont have any stray wires causing you grief.

Edit: It took me 3 weeks of getting so frustrated I was ready to throw it across the room then putting it away and trying again in a few days. I started with a G Tank US probably one of the hardest gennys to work with.
Then it took a few weeks still to get it to make the bada$$ clouds like the youtube guys. Just hang in there its like riding a bike once you get the hang of it you will soon be popping wheelies and riding with no hands;-)

I even thought it was a big conspiracy that others were saying gennys were so good cause they didn't want to admit they wasted their money!

Last edited:

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
Burned and toched it at least 5 times now. It's not shorting out instantly anymore, but there's hot spot on top. Got rid of it for maybe 5 drags, used it and noticed resistance changes... so bad torch work... ffs, I know I am doing something wrong, but what? :(

And that's exactly what I want to hear. Because making it exactly from youtube tutorial and getting shorts is frustrating... I want it to work.
The thing that pisses me off is that vendors are not including 1 pre-oxidized wick... and all the places that I've found are OOS for those... I at least want to know if it's worth the hassle to learn how to use that thing.

The worst is my location... there's one in Canada that sells mesh ready to vape, but not international shipping...

Last edited:

yellowrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
MN
If you can pull the mesh back out and make sure you dont have any fray/loose mesh, which is thinner then hair and cut off any stragglers you might have. Also make sure you are properly oxidizing the mesh prior to install. If your mesh is shorting out then your ohms will be different every drag or not even fire at all. I am no expert my any means but hot spot at the positive post to first coil you can usually gently tap on the coil and around it until you can get few more glowing. Also take note of how loose or tight the connection from positive to wick. It should not be too tight or too lose that may bowed out. I usually bend the wick towards the positive post before I clamp down the wire. Check ohms before checking for hotspots.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Poking a proding with a tooth pick. move the coils around sometimes it takes some persistence to get the hot spots to go away. If your handy go and get your self some bubble stone from your local pet store make a ceramic wick Search youtube scubadan has a how to video.
Instructions Make a ceramic wick wrap install Vape away. Wad left over mesh up throw it on the ground stomp on it. Take it out side find a out of sight spot pee on it. Tomorrow as you walking by kick it towards the garbage can. Each day kick it a little closer till its close now throw it away. You know have relieved all of your SS Mesh frustration and you can look it with out getting a small twitching above your left eye;-)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
sounds like the top coil is loose or wrapped into the nut in the wrong direction.
personally the only time i get this is when the coils near the top are not spaced properly.
i can only guess but you are supposed to just pulse fire the coil when setting it up not hold the button down.
bright flash on top and it breaks
and no matter how well you oxidize there is always the chance of a direct short from top coil to tank bottom if the wick is touching the inside of the tank.

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
I hate SS mesh wicks.
I hate people who say it's awesome. Actually, I hate even those who just can make it work.

I've got 6 sheets of SS mesh 400 from mesh company, I've done 3 wicks today. Still no luck, they are shorting instantly in aga-t+
Step-by-step with pbusardo and still...

Only difference is that I have small lighter like torch and different juice. And I've got instant coil pop on top...

And why I am getting lower resistance now? With wicks I made today I get 1 ohm with 4 wraps... that's new...

p.s. nowhere to buy ceramic wick, but thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
i know there is alot of info here and it is hard, but personally i find this whole operation is just easier with a thicker wire, it just gives you more time to work out the coils, and imo is easier to wrap, especially on a more solid wick. my reccomendation is to get some 30g wire, do a 5 wrap and see what happens. hopefully you arent using 30g now for i will look stupid. also over tightening the top nut brings over the wick, creating to much tension, along with a possible hotspot. i snug down the top nut then tighten up the second nut to achieve a tight connection. also with the aga, a small washer between the top 2 nuts works great, it closes the distance between the wick hole and positive post, which is a little far in the aga's. good luck

vanillagurilla

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Anaheim ca
Those areas are the most likely to be to tight on the wick causing hot spots and 99% of the time thats where the edge of the mesh on the wick is. Try moving the wick up amd down and try it, spin the wick a little and try it. Also try pulling the coils away gently or pushing the center ones in. Pushing the coils together will "loosen" them on the wick, spreading them apart will tighten them to the wick. Ive played with my aga-t+ for about 2-3 hours today and finally got it rocking my socks. Also it will take a tank or two for it to start getting more consistant. Ill be vaping and get a burnt hit, pop the cap off, sort out the hot spot and away I go again. Stick with it!

DiNet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
Israel
Done it... somewhat success...
Got it to 2.5 ohms, coils light up normally, at least I think so. It's hard to adjust hotspots that are visible only with juice on the wick... but... no burnt taste, so I'll assume it's working properly, for now.
Doesn't look good enough tho. More vapor and flavor from my dripping phoenix style RBA for now.
But this is a success! 6 straight hours today, countless coils popped... 5 wicks rerolled... and I'm vaping Aga-T! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread