Message to premium eJuice vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
~ $20+ for 30ml of ejuice is a lot of money to pay for liquid. In fact, it is equivalent to buying a $500 bottle of wine.

For that money the price per ml can match some of the most premium alcohol that has been aged for years. If i'm going to pay that much, I expect my juices to be steeped. It does not make sense to pay premium for something I need to wait several weeks for it to steep. I pay and would like to vape it right out of the bottle, much like I would pay for a good wine, brandy or champagne.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I do like the ability to customize those liquids which wouldn't be possible presteeped
And apart from Halo (which by the way I got bottle of Tribeca last week clearly needs steeping this time):confused:
All the best tobacco's I've received have needed steeping
Id rather that; then vape the subpar ones I've had that have not needed steeping
Sure who likes to wait :(but Id rather wait and have good stuff )
And also If they reasonable could don't you think they would
man so many of the bad reviews of good venders start off with these juices just came in the mail :facepalm:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
~ $20+ for 30ml of eJuice is a lot of money to pay for liquid. In fact, it is equivalent to buying a $500 bottle of wine.

For that money the price per ml can match some of the most premium alcohol that has been aged for years. If i'm going to pay that much, I expect my juices to be steeped. It does not make sense to pay premium for something I need to wait several weeks for it to steep. I pay and would like to vape it right out of the bottle, much like I would pay for a good wine, brandy or champagne.

I never smoked alcohol. To me, 30ml. is about equivalent to a carton of cigarettes, so $20 seems cheap by comparison.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
~ $20+ for 30ml of eJuice is a lot of money to pay for liquid. In fact, it is equivalent to buying a $500 bottle of wine.

By my math, vaping 3-4'm/day...

It's also equal to cigarettes at $2/pack.

There are premium liquids that are steeped and ready to vape out of the gate....

But the best ones are more than your $20 target.

Sent from my mobile, using Tapatalk... so ignore the typos. ;)

Last edited:

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I never smoked alcohol. To me, 30ml. is about equivalent to a carton of cigarettes, so $20 seems cheap by comparison.

Yeah this is kind of how I see it. I mean, comparing it to wine is a very valid point and does put it into a bit of perspective.

However...
I vape about 3 ml of juice a day.
A 30ml bottle would last me about 10 days.
I had a $15 a day cigarette habit.
That cost me $150 every 10 days.

I spend $130 less every 10 days now.

If a $20 bottle of juice opposed to a $15 one is gonna keep my happy and off the analogs.. I'm ok with it for now.

disclaimer: this is not to say a $15 bottle couldn't keep me happy either

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
20 bucks for 30ml is a rip off no matter what it is or who is selling it! these prices are getting crazy. if we refuse to but it they would come down. make your own 30 ml for a buck or two.

If I did that it would take time and with me id be lucky if it came out like MBV probably even worse

Ill take the good liquid from $15 to $20 range every time

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
Those of you guys that pay $20 for a bottle of liquid you don't have to get all defensive and .... hurt. I too pay for that once in a while.

The point of the thread is to send a message of perspective to premium juice makers and to other vapers too. It's simple, there would be legions more of us to buy their liquids if it tastes right from the very start, and less of us lost to other juice makers while we wait for their juices to steep. Many of us don't mind paying about what we spent for cigarettes, but then again we didn't have to wait weeks for a pack of cigarettes to be ready.

Last edited:

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I think the OP's point is quite valid. Regarding custom mixtures and "gourmet" liquids, maybe the "artisans/chemists/mad scientist geniuses making the high dollar stuff should apply what THEY think is the proper steeping procedure and time before shipping. A good marketing approach for a high end product if you ask me. At least then everyone would be tasting the product in the same state upon receipt, and better yet, we would stop hearing the ridiculous superfan/shill defenses of some of these "gourmet" venders who put out juices that taste like paint stripper. (And likely always will)
"Oh, that one can be a little harsh for the first couple months, but drive it around the block with the top down, play it some Vivaldi, and let it rest until January 16, 2018 and you will be amazed at the transformation that takes place, because that's what I do... And BTW, I'm currently vaping it through my ... while talking on the phone with guy who created it at 2AM, and its just absolute perfection."
Gimme a break guys.. :blink: Not to knock all these companies. There are some really great ones out there and they are providing great products. Others, not so much.. Until then, I will always order samples. I bought into hype once with a big order.. Learned me good!
Edit: I have no problem paying $20 for a premium juice, as long as it's actually good. Therein lies the problem.

Last edited:

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
20 bucks for 30ml is a rip off no matter what it is or who is selling it! these prices are getting crazy. if we refuse to but it they would come down. make your own 30 ml for a buck or two.

I have a big urge to DIY and I'm reading a bit about it, but I sooooooo need to take my time before I do that.
Honestly it's moreso because I have these grand flavors in my head that I can find anywhere.
I know me and I'll spend a crapload on more supplies than I'll ever need and the next thing I know I'll be naturally extracting black truffles, Lehua honey and the world's rarest vanilla orchids.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If you want to promote Hangsen as the bees knees - gack! - knock yourself out. If you want to know how old (that would read: fresh) your e-liquid actually is, god forbid you have to leave it sit for a few days before it has a fully developed flavor. Next you will be comparing making e-liquid to milking a cow.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
If you want to promote Hangsen as the bees knees - gack! - knock yourself out. If you want to know how old (that would read: fresh) your e-liquid actually is, god forbid you have to leave it sit for a few days before it has a fully developed flavor. Next you will be comparing making e-liquid to milking a cow.

I'm sorry your highness, but I'll take Hangsen over a lot of $20/bottle liquids out there which I wouldn't even vape for free.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Those of you guys that pay $20 for a bottle of liquid you don't have to get all defensive and .... hurt. I too pay for that once in a while.

The point of the thread is to send a message of perspective to premium juice makers and to other vapers too. It's simple, there would be legions more of us to buy their liquids if it tastes right from the very start, and less of us lost to other juice makers while we wait for their juices to steep. Many of us don't mind paying about what we spent for cigarettes, but then again we didn't have to wait weeks for a pack of cigarettes to be ready.

Send your message to whomever you think is listening, but for every "one" of you there are 5,000 grousing if their liquids order doesn't show up within 3 days after the order has been placed. Now the vendor is supposed to annoy those people by adding delay time on purpose?

Tip: If the concept of leaving a custom mixed bottle of e-liquid alone for 3 days once you have it annoys you that much then don't buy it. Plenty of Dekang, Hangsen and "China Tar Oil" to go around. A lot of us stopped buying it and moved to custom mixing vendors a long time ago for our reasons - not yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread