Method for coloring DIY e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dymrip

Nov 2, 2012
Wakeman, Ohio
Hi all! I just wanted to share a new discovery I made while at Wal-Mart last night. I found these edible markers that are basically used for kids to color on cookies and stuff. They are called Food Writers or something like that. I found them right with the other food coloring in the baking isle. I was weary about using any sort of food coloring in my e-liquid, but I noticed these contain nothing but PG and the coloring, no preservatives or additives. I know it is not recommended to go adding unnecessary things to our e-liquids, but it literally only takes a dab of one of these to turn your e-liquid a different color.

I have experimented with each color (came with red, yellow, blue, and green). One of my favorites so far is using red with just a dab of blue in my clone Dragon's Blood recipe. I just color the tip of a pipette with the edible marker, then swirl the pipette around in my e-liquid. Here is a picture of what it looks like in a ProTank on my trusty VAMO (both of which I've been using for about a month now and absolutely LOVE!)

VAMO_w_ProTank_red_juice.jpg

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
If these contain any gum compounds, it is best to avoid them for vaping.

Some vendor juices do contain food colorings. This could be a problem for those allergic to artificial colors. AEMSA member vendors are required to state if they use artificial colorings, and exactly what they are (like Yellow #5).

Some flavorings themselves contain artificial colorings. They are required to state if they do, I think, but I have not seen actual compounds, like Yellow #5, listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread