Midi VapeStack Extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing for my next mod when I stumbled upon the Roughstack which blew me away as just plain awesome.. However I was also found the Midi Vapestack and was wondering if it was compatible with the Mini Vapestack extension madvapes sells.. Here is some links to both.

Midi Vapestack

VapeStack 6 Volt Extension

A reviewer on-site stated he used the extension with his Midi.. but just to be safe I was wondering if anyone here had done this.. Also I was eyeing the dimensions they listed and was curious if the Roughstack Maxi had more battery compatibility then the Midi+Extension combination. The tube was listed to support two 16340's.. Length wise when compared to a 18650 it should fit.. but it would be 2mm short in diameter.. just wondering if anyone has this extension and does a 16340 have 2mm of clearance..?

Basically in a nutshell I'm looking for a mod that can take 18650 battery for all day vaping or two 16340 3 volt batteries for 6 volts or 2 18350's for 7.4 volts.
Again I thank each and every one of you who takes the time to read my sorry ... problems! :blush:

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
The Maxi Roughstack will take all the batteries and combinations you have listed. I'm running the Maxi Roughstack with 18650's and 16340's and it works great. I don't need to go to 7.4v as 6v is more than enough for me. As far as the extension tube compatibility with the Midi Vapestack, you'd have to ask someone at Madvapes about that.

icemanx3

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Silicon Valley, CA
The RoughStack has been my first experience with vaping so far...I have an imprint in my palm from it. I got the kit, came with two 18350 batteries, and only takes one which lasts all day with chain vaping. Works like a CHAMP and the price is good. However, my eyes are now set on a bottom fed Reo Grand :/ They are so neat looking, and are bottom fed with a 6ml bottle! My vaping with the RoughStack has been so great, and dripping is no sweat...but man o man it would be nice to have a juice fed 3.7 mod :p

Good luck with your endeavors!

ice

The Maxi Roughstack is durable, versatile, and relatively inexpensive. I hope you're as happy with it as I am with mine. It's all I use anymore. What batt's did you order with it?

Well I previously ordered a couple RCR123A LifePo4's by Tenergy for 6v vaping, but with the RoughStack i ordered a 18650 3000 mah 3.7 for super duty chain vaping! LOL

Also ordered 4 510 3.2 ohm atties, and 2 3.2ohm cartomizers, along with some 555 50ml, RY4 50ml and 10ml of some Vanutula and Spearmint. Along with a drip tip.

Its safe to say I'll be good for a while. I'll post some pics when it arrives.. :D

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I've got the 3000mah Ultrafires and they'll take me through 14 hours of vaping before I see any noticeable dropoff in vapor production. I've also got some 16340's which I believe are the same as rcr123's for 6v stacked configuration. I've used 3.5 ohm atty's with it and it's pretty good. It still only takes very short hits though so be careful at first with your 3.2 ohm stuff. I haven't tried running 7.4v yet and don't know if I want to. I seem to gravitate toward 3.7v with 2.0 ohm LR's and dripping. It does seem to go through juice faster, especially at HV, than I had anticipated so you may want to watch your juice consumption closely so you don't run out. It looks like you're set for a while though.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Schweigert, I think you will be very pleased with your selection. cskent said it best: "durable, versatile, and relatively inexpensive." Also, 7.4v is way over the top for me. The flavor is cooked out of the e-liquid, the vapor is hot, and a normal atomizer cannot wick fast enough to keep up with that power level. I won't be trying that again. 6v works great.

Schweigert, I think you will be very pleased with your selection. cskent said it best: "durable, versatile, and relatively inexpensive." Also, 7.4v is way over the top for me. The flavor is cooked out of the e-liquid, the vapor is hot, and a normal atomizer cannot wick fast enough to keep up with that power level. I won't be trying that again. 6v works great.

Yeah I hear many people leaving it at 5 volts as 6 is too much.. I can't even imagine 7.4.. If anyone was interested MadVapes did get back to me regarding ther Midi+Mini extension. They are compatible, however the extension sleeve will only allow 16340's to be introduced not 18650's/ 3.7 Volt Batteries.

I think my next project will be a Variable Volt USB passthrough... :D

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Yeah my thread were stiff at first too. After installing and removing my atty a few times it loosened up. It's a great mod and it's ugly to begin with so I'm not too worried about scratching it up or anything. I'm dripping on 2.0 ohm atty's and it produces great vapor consistently day in a day out. I thought about buying something a bit prettier, .... but why, this thing just works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread