Status
Not open for further replies.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
To all you Floridians... be careful today. Look like Mother Nature is up to her shenanigans again...

RDSBobbleWeather_zpsmhnlsx6n.gif

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
@classwife - any chance of checking on that aniters through the florida group that met on occasion?

Tibs... Anita mentioned in a post a while back some of the stuff she's been busy with, if you are interested in looking back through this thread. I went a couple of pages back looking for it but was busy at the time and didn't find it quickly.

I've personally ( beyond the pandemic issues ) have been really busy helping my exGF with some serious health issues, sometimes taking her to doctor appointments, hospital appointments and helping take care of her pets when she's been in the hospital and recently a skilled nursing/therapy center that is addressing her health problems.

Over a year ago she'd gotten a minor burn on her knee that wouldn't heal. She was recommended to a wound care physician that simply didn't do anything but keep it clean ( which she was already doing on her own ) and measure it. My opinion was that once seen that it wasn't responding to that method alone, it should have simply been surgically closed as you would any other wound. Once it was almost too late, about a month ago, that physician finally suggested going to a surgeon. It really was too late by that point. The surgeon tried closing the wound but had very little extra skin to perform the procedure and wasn't too optimistic. When that wouldn't stay closed, he attempted a 2nd method also without any success.

The original wound care physician had waited way too long, the surgeon was unable to help ( through no fault of his own ) and the knee was finally determined to be a loss because of infection that complicated things even more. They ended up having to amputate from just above the knee down. She was then sent to the first skilled nursing/therapy centers to heal and help with rehabilitation. A couple days later, they found there was still some infection in her remaining bone and another surgery was done to take a little more off and help address that infection. Again, she was released back to the first skilled nursing/rehab center to heal being told it would need at least 2 weeks so they could continue administering an antibiotic or antibacterial ( I'm not sure which, they had said both ) while the center kept things clean and did what therapy they could.

By the end of those 2 weeks, she was deteriorating quickly because the center wasn't doing their job at keeping things sanitary and clean. What was once minor bed sores ended up opening up into major wounds. She more or less forced them to go ahead and keep their word and release her after the 2 weeks were up on a Friday. She wasn't really ready to be home alone, but I agree she needed out of that center. The following Monday, we took her back to the hospital. The hospital quickly put her back on the antibiotics and scheduled a surgery to debread the now infected wounds that were bed sores. The doctors also recommended that at that time, they put in a temporary colostomy bag as well as a catheter to help keep things as sanitary as possible. After a couple of days in the hospital, they released her to a second skilled nursing/therapy centers. I think the second center has been staying on top of things and really wished it had been the first she'd been sent to.

So over the last couple of months, she's had to endure not just the one surgery she needed for her knee to heal... but 5 which has also resulted in the loss of a limb, not to mention the additional complications from the wounds that now need to heal before they can release her to her home. Obviously, once released she will continue to receive therapy to help her adjust to the changes. While I'll certainly continue to help where I can, she will need someone to stay with her 24/7 until she can finally care for herself and get around. Until that time, I'll at least take care of her pets and see to her place being maintained.

I do swing through here on the thread to see what may have been posted with others... But I don't have a lot of extra time to post. At least the pandemic restrictions here are starting to lift. Yesterday, because the restrictions have been relaxed and even masks aren't required most places, I was able to take the parents out to the 4 cemeteries and place flowers on 32 of our relatives and ancestors that have passed. My parents will likely have to stop doing that soon, but for now, we can remanence of our memories of our loved ones that have passed together. Next week, weather permitting I will likely go out by myself to pick up the flowers we set out, normally they come with me but it's getting a bit too hard on them.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
sending hugs and good thoughts to you and your friend :wub:

and thanks! i went back to december last year but saw nothing :( somehow, it just doesn't feel right.

I was bad about when stuffs happened before the pandamic... now just assume I'm hallucinating... lol

It was back from November actually... here Migration

Thanks for the wishes... My friends niece came up from Dallas to check on her aunty on Sunday and then offered to take care of her two dogs while she was getting better. That really helps me from having to drive out there ( it's a 30 minute drive one way from my place ) and feed them every night. Now I just have to keep an eye on the place a time or two each week and grab the mail.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Well... most people don't share personal info on forums for good reasons, AG51 didn't share her info with me at least other than just general location stuff. Perhaps Maxedout or his wife Tinkr since I think they shipped stuff to each other. Another possibility would be Moonie, Classwife or perhaps Lord Davon ( ? ) since they are also live in the same state as Anita.

I've only got contact info for oldbikeguy since I visited him back in 2018 to get some pics of the solar eclipse.

I haven't heard much from any of the crew here except on rare occasion now. I guess we all just suck at the grapevine thingy... lol

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
well, some social threads had people exchange christmas gifts or organize meetings. i probably had the contact info of more than 200 ecf members at one point through the co-ops i ran. others branched out to fb and that's were i became aware of the deaths of some :(
but let's hope for the best and cross all appendages aniters will surprise us with a post real soon. ;)

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
My one time girlfriend ( for around 8-9 years ) and close dear friend for the rest of the remaining 25 years, passed from this earth onto the next realm last Sunday ( the 20th ) at 4:56pm. Her last lucid and vocal moments I'm aware of were on the previous Weds, with Thursday having only a few moments recognizing me and getting a light in her eyes and smiling before I had to leave to take care of a few of her wishes she had asked me to perform. I stayed with her again for a time on Saturday with no sign of her recognising what was going on around her. Then early Sunday morning received a call from the nurse on duty that they felt it wouldn't be much longer. I arrived a little before noon to stay with her. We listened to a variety of easy listening pop and rock songs, when I took a few breaks, I'd switch it over to country music ... I stayed within her gaze and held her hand most of the time until she left us.

Monday morning, I got up early to go by the dry cleaners to pick up the dress she wanted for her final services. Then drove to my parents which was up by the funeral home since it was before they opened. I met with the funeral director to make the final arrangements that she had previously selected.

One of her wishes was for me to collect all of her pictures and make certain they get back to her family. I took that a step further and also gathered all of the digital pics I had on my own and her computers. The total pics were a little under 3500. I selected around 111 and through a little bit of musical chairs, moved them first to her Google photo account, then down to her cell phone where I had access to her Facebook account and uploaded them so her friends and family also would have access to them after her account gets memorialized so it can't be changed.

Her last remaining wish is to be spread a little on the pet cemetery she has... and then to get with her brother and a niece taking her to her daughters gravesite in Texas. She had been only given about 9 days warning that it had come to this point. I am honored that she entrusted me with her last wishes and her family which had been too far away for such a short notice, have also expressed their thanks.

The following is a caraticure that I made from a relatively recent photo ( she'll probably shoot me that it isn't her glamor shot pic.. lol )... I believe it captures her essence, character and love of life while still not putting up a real personal photo that may invade her privacy for the family.

Janetta_Caricature.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread