Not open for further replies.

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Jmur...

Hope you are staying safe with the storm in your backyard. Don't blow away and stay dry as you can.

well, it WAS projected to make landfall directly on New Haven, but a late last night, early this morning shift brought it to eastern Rhode Island instead. We’ve had some rain, minimal (20 - 30 MPH) winds, which is about our norm, and that’s about it. I just now opened all the windows and I‘m enjoying a nice cooling breeze. Thanks for the thoughts!

(PS: hate to bring it up, but did I see something the other day about Redd?? Can’t find it now, hoping I’m mistaken...)

Reactions: tiburonfirst

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Reactions: classwife

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Thanks Classy for posting that remembrance. I was hoping I had misread or misunderstood when I first saw it. My heart and prayers go out to her family. She was most definitely one of a kind...

Yes.
One of a kind for sure.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
habents had much times lately still. Think bouts ya'll oftens. So sad to hear bout Reddhotts. Makes me crys:(.
Butts I does habe an advamtage deres, she's wiff Robin and many other vapers that crossed over and I do have a chance to talk to dem sumtimes thru my mediumship. Eberyone needs to know that she is okay and not sick anymore. When we leave our physical human flesh n bone bodys we don't take the pain or sickness with us when we go to see Jesus. She's still the exact happy silly woman she was here. Bootiful as ever ! Hardest part of it all is missing us as much as we miss them. Just imagine the ole Betty Booper Redhotts we knew here prancing around the heavens in her sexy outfits. That's the Redhot that is there rite now. Beautiful as ever, wit, joy, and full of her spunkyness :lol:. ALL the ole vapers say hello to you on the forum. I feel confidents to say dats to ya's. I also have been told by Jesus himself, who I have been working very close to, he is amazed at all the vaping and actually approves of this. He's proud of us all for improving our lives and getting off burning tobacco, that IS harmful. I'll speak for him here..... CARRY ON !!! btw :unsure: , he does love us all. And I call him a Cool Dude quite often:laugh: If he could he'd do dis.....:thumb:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
rabbit...:w00t:

Happy days eberybodys

For my friends dogs... the word was "squirrel" ... and they'd be at the front screen, barking and looking all over for them... :lol:

I guess for me... the word may be "photos" ... although I haven't been taking any new ones lately. I have however, updated my primary photo processing programs to their latest versions ( after 3+ years ) and I'm happy with most of the improvements they've made... but one improvement on one I'm am completely thrilled with. In fact, I will likely reprocess a large majority of my photo's I'd put up on my personal website which may by no small feat since it'll exceed 400 ( almost 500 ) photos. Or that is the plan so far.

On one shot I took with my now really old Olympus E-410 camera ( read, low resolution compared to what we have today ) back in 2007 but was a favorite of mine despite the actual really big problem with it, noise... is a pic of a hummingbird looking back at me while I took his/her photo. Because of that noise, I've only shared it with a few folks despite it being a favorite of mine and one of the first I'd got a "decent" pose out of a hummer with. I'm sure it being one of my first decent ones, also has a lot with it being a favorite of mine... so sue me for being a little prejudiced on that.

Here is the shot as I first processed it... just remember this is at only 610x319 resolution, so not a big shot by todays standards...

Hummer_Front.jpg

Next I used the "NoNoise" feature in my new upgrade to one of my programs and tweaked the contrasts just a bit more ( because I could at that point )....

Hummer_Front_On1.jpg

Since seeing the results, I've sort of hopped around my collection just to see the differences that feature alone can make and I'm still astonished. My plans, as mentioned, will be to revisit my favorites and reprocess them from their original raw photo ( or JPG in the case of some from my Olympus camera since I didn't switch to raw until later ) and do a clean up on them to get rid of the noise. I'd also noticed on several of them, that there were places that the colors were splotched out probably from the original conversion from the raw to JPG ( since it's a lossy format ). So I'll have to be watching out for that issue more to help retain the shots as I intended. In fact, I see a spot on the hummer's left wing ( our left, not its left ) that I'd missed seeing before... this was in the original as well but I do have tools that can fix that in some cases.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
For my friends dogs... the word was "squirrel" ... and they'd be at the front screen, barking and looking all over for them... :lol:

I guess for me... the word may be "photos" ... although I haven't been taking any new ones lately. I have however, updated my primary photo processing programs to their latest versions ( after 3+ years ) and I'm happy with most of the improvements they've made... but one improvement on one I'm am completely thrilled with. In fact, I will likely reprocess a large majority of my photo's I'd put up on my personal website which may by no small feat since it'll exceed 400 ( almost 500 ) photos. Or that is the plan so far.

On one shot I took with my now really old Olympus E-410 camera ( read, low resolution compared to what we have today ) back in 2007 but was a favorite of mine despite the actual really big problem with it, noise... is a pic of a hummingbird looking back at me while I took his/her photo. Because of that noise, I've only shared it with a few folks despite it being a favorite of mine and one of the first I'd got a "decent" pose out of a hummer with. I'm sure it being one of my first decent ones, also has a lot with it being a favorite of mine... so sue me for being a little prejudiced on that.

Here is the shot as I first processed it... just remember this is at only 610x319 resolution, so not a big shot by todays standards...

View attachment 964137

Next I used the "NoNoise" feature in my new upgrade to one of my programs and tweaked the contrasts just a bit more ( because I could at that point )....

View attachment 964139

Since seeing the results, I've sort of hopped around my collection just to see the differences that feature alone can make and I'm still astonished. My plans, as mentioned, will be to revisit my favorites and reprocess them from their original raw photo ( or JPG in the case of some from my Olympus camera since I didn't switch to raw until later ) and do a clean up on them to get rid of the noise. I'd also noticed on several of them, that there were places that the colors were splotched out probably from the original conversion from the raw to JPG ( since it's a lossy format ). So I'll have to be watching out for that issue more to help retain the shots as I intended. In fact, I see a spot on the hummer's left wing ( our left, not its left ) that I'd missed seeing before... this was in the original as well but I do have tools that can fix that in some cases.
awsome shet redsocks :w00t: I wanna you habe the website so I can go look some more. Would you be selling any like the stock photos people do with useable photos ? Go the copyright route ? Or just let us be happy n jealous cause we couldn't make screensabers outta dem ? :unsure: You do have many shots I've seen that are gorgeous babes. Keep takin please. Moments in time people shoul see and appreciate from you. Luvs dis stuff. :wub:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
awsome shet redsocks :w00t: I wanna you habe the website so I can go look some more. Would you be selling any like the stock photos people do with useable photos ? Go the copyright route ? Or just let us be happy n jealous cause we couldn't make screensabers outta dem ? :unsure: You do have many shots I've seen that are gorgeous babes. Keep takin please. Moments in time people shoul see and appreciate from you. Luvs dis stuff. :wub:

Shameless plug... my personal website is at https://www.rdsok.net

Currently, I think the largest resolution picture I have on there is around 1024x768 since that was popular for monitors at the time I was putting those up. I think as I'm reworking the ones I'm going to put up... I'll go with something around 1920x1080 ( also referred to as 1080 for a short/quick way to call it ). Most of the bottom resolution monitors sold today, are 1080p resolutions with 2k and 4k becoming more popular. Of course, I have several that are lower resolution than that, the hummingbird pic I posted the difference in noise here recently... was no more than 600-ish pixels wide. Trying to scale those up, doesn't have very good results, so I won't attempt it. I also need to be aware of the amount of space the pics take up on the webserver I have my site hosted on... so I won't be placing any of my 6000x4000 resolution pics up there when a lower res works fine for just sharing them with others.

I welcome anyone to use any pic off of my website for their own personal use ( so no commercial use ). Pictures are automatically covered with copyright just as music is, so that is already a thing that is done automatically as long as you ( the photographer ) can prove you took the shots. I have no commercial plans at the moment, that is actually a job in and of itself and has additional work I'm not wanting to take on. I will likely cull out some of the shots I have too many of, the best example are some of the lightning shots where I didn't pick just a couple of favorites and posted way too many of for a particular photo shoot. I will, or at least plan, to keep the pages of specific events like the eclipses, fireworks shows for a year on their own pages, I like that method for those types of pics.

As for the keep on taking... that is the plan but that also relies on my feeling like taking them as well as having an idea of what I want to take and planning out a shoot. So you can count on me doing the easy subject shots, lunar and solar eclipses if I can be in the right spot for them. I'm sort of burned out on taking Moon pics... so new ones of those will be few and far between but I also know I can't help myself sometimes. Deep space shoots of nebulea and clusters etc, are really hard... you have to hundreds of shots, then "stack" them to clean them up as long as you didn't have the stars trail too much... and then the processing for me, is more about getting lucky than being good at it... so a lot of post processing that doesn't always come out. Then there are the nature shots and you just have to be at the right place at the right time and I'm a bit limited on how far I'll travel for those.

If anyone here see's something they like on the website and want a higher resolution copy for their own use... just PM me ( ie start a conversation ) and I'll be happy to do whatever I can and share whatever I take. Currently, I have over 400 shots up on the website... my picture folder, contains over 86 thousand currently. Just remember, that out of say 100 shots, you ( or me in this case ) may get lucky to have one or two that are nice enough to do something with. With me being about to get rid of the noise in the pictures so well now, more of what I've taken will be opened up more for sharing.

I guess I should say... don't hold your breath for this to happen fast ( the website update that is ). I started about a week ago and have only done stage 1 of reworking the pics from their initial raw state... on about 21 pics at present. Of course, part of that time was reworking my signature watermark also... I have a friend that helped with the main design, and now I've got 5 variations of it using different fonts that are somewhat similar to my actual signature. I think I've settled on which one to use... but being fickle on that subject, it's likely to change. Stage 2, when I get to that point, will be applying whichever watermark I settle on and then resizing the larger shots down to a reasonable size for upload to the website. With over 400 shots to work on, this will take some time.

Last edited:

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →

Currently, I think the largest resolution picture I have on there is around 1024x768 since that was popular for monitors at the time I was putting those up. I think as I'm reworking the ones I'm going to put up... I'll go with something around 1920x1080 ( also referred to as 1080 for a short/quick way to call it ). Most of the bottom resolution monitors sold today, are 1080p resolutions with 2k and 4k becoming more popular. Of course, I have several that are lower resolution than that, the hummingbird pic I posted the difference in noise here recently... was no more than 600-ish pixels wide. Trying to scale those up, doesn't have very good results, so I won't attempt it. I also need to be aware of the amount of space the pics take up on the webserver I have my site hosted on... so I won't be placing any of my 6000x4000 resolution pics up there when a lower res works fine for just sharing them with others.

I welcome anyone to use any pic off of my website for their own personal use ( so no commercial use ). Pictures are automatically covered with copyright just as music is, so that is already a thing that is done automatically as long as you ( the photographer ) can prove you took the shots. I have no commercial plans at the moment, that is actually a job in and of itself and has additional work I'm not wanting to take on. I will likely cull out some of the shots I have too many of, the best example are some of the lightning shots where I didn't pick just a couple of favorites and posted way too many of for a particular photo shoot. I will, or at least plan, to keep the pages of specific events like the eclipses, fireworks shows for a year on their own pages, I like that method for those types of pics.

As for the keep on taking... that is the plan but that also relies on my feeling like taking them as well as having an idea of what I want to take and planning out a shoot. So you can count on me doing the easy subject shots, lunar and solar eclipses if I can be in the right spot for them. I'm sort of burned out on taking Moon pics... so new ones of those will be few and far between but I also know I can't help myself sometimes. Deep space shoots of nebulea and clusters etc, are really hard... you have to hundreds of shots, then "stack" them to clean them up as long as you didn't have the stars trail too much... and then the processing for me, is more about getting lucky than being good at it... so a lot of post processing that doesn't always come out. Then there are the nature shots and you just have to be at the right place at the right time and I'm a bit limited on how far I'll travel for those.

If anyone here see's something they like on the website and want a higher resolution copy for their own use... just PM me ( ie start a conversation ) and I'll be happy to do whatever I can and share whatever I take. Currently, I have over 400 shots up on the website... my picture folder, contains over 86 thousand currently. Just remember, that out of say 100 shots, you ( or me in this case ) may get lucky to have one or two that are nice enough to do something with. With me being about to get rid of the noise in the pictures so well now, more of what I've taken will be opened up more for sharing.

I guess I should say... don't hold your breath for this to happen fast ( the website update that is ). I started about a week ago and have only done stage 1 of reworking the pics from their initial raw state... on about 21 pics at present. Of course, part of that time was reworking my signature watermark also... I have a friend that helped with the main design, and now I've got 5 variations of it using different fonts that are somewhat similar to my actual signature. I think I've settled on which one to use... but being fickle on that subject, it's likely to change. Stage 2, when I get to that point, will be applying whichever watermark I settle on and then resizing the larger shots down to a reasonable size for upload to the website. With over 400 shots to work on, this will take some time.
My dearys you is a imperasium for us all. To admire and sabe fer all is da mostesst awsome thing. Thank you fer bein YOU. I just went on dat site and lubs the werld you gave to me as I wasn't there. Dat craps ( meant to say shet but don't wanna gets in more troubles ya know wat I sayin deres ) is a bootiful gift to me. :wub: N by da waay, those lightin shot are freakium awsome ! it's not eassy to get firewerk shots dats not blurry fer most folks. Nice job keep it up. :D I didn't realize you offered the radar downloads. I will do that soon, thank you. we escaped a season but ya know there's always another roumd da bend. Luvs you

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa

Beautiful work....every picture tells a story to me. Thank you for sharing...:wub:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
those lightin shot are freakium awsome ! it's not eassy to get firewerk shots dats not blurry fer most folks.

Thanks... I've got blurrys stuff for folks that want them... plenty in fact... :lol:

Lightning shots are fun also... but also a bit of a chore. Getting a good focus is always work, no matter what the subject is, lightning is also only they don't stay still for you long enough to fiddle with the focus... lol. Me and my camera, hate getting wet... so it can't be raining where I'm taking pics from. I also try to not take shots if the lightning is less than 5 miles ( and probably should make that 10 ). So most are of the storms coming in, or going away just depending on when the fireworks are going off.

I didn't realize you offered the radar downloads. I will do that soon, thank you.

To be clear ( although this is explained on the website as well, just to save others time )... The downloads are Tiger Streets GIS shape files... in other words, they are maps that can be used with certain types of radar programs such as those put out by GrLevelx. Not all radar programs supports using shape files. In GrLevelx radar programs, when you hover your mouse over the road, street or highway... it'll show the name on the bottom left of the info bar along with the other radar info.

The Tiger Streets shape files are made available from the US Goverment for free. What I've done is put them all together and cut them out at 3 different radius ( an inner, then 2 outer donut shapes that go around the inner ) to be used for each radar site you may open. Since adding these slows down how quick the radar program opens, you can select to have just a little bit of map around the radar site all the way out to about 245 miles out from the center of the site. I need to go back and remake these as the ones I did were for 2017 maps... it just takes a lot of time to combine them and then cut them back out and there aren't usually that many new streets added each year.

• Informative
Reactions: tiburonfirst

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
To be clear ( although this is explained on the website as well, just to save others time )... The downloads are Tiger Streets GIS shape files... in other words, they are maps that can be used with certain types of radar programs such as those put out by GrLevelx. Not all radar programs supports using shape files. In GrLevelx radar programs, when you hover your mouse over the road, street or highway... it'll show the name on the bottom left of the info bar along with the other radar info.

The Tiger Streets shape files are made available from the US Goverment for free. What I've done is put them all together and cut them out at 3 different radius ( an inner, then 2 outer donut shapes that go around the inner ) to be used for each radar site you may open. Since adding these slows down how quick the radar program opens, you can select to have just a little bit of map around the radar site all the way out to about 245 miles out from the center of the site. I need to go back and remake these as the ones I did were for 2017 maps... it just takes a lot of time to combine them and then cut them back out and there aren't usually that many new streets added each year.
dis is interesting to me. I still gonna take alook in futures spare mimutes. ty

Reactions: rdsok

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Thought I'd drop in and give a website pic update... update. :) ... 'specially since it's been almost 2 weeks since I mentioned it.

I still have a long way to go, but I knew that when I started. I've almost finished my second pass through my Nikon camera pics looking for shots to include. The first time through I was going for what I already knew and probably had on the website but I was skipping things like the "millions" of Moon shots I've got as well as other shots I didn't include for whatever other reason. I don't plan on having a bunch of Moon or lightning shots of the same thing over and over with whatever minor differences they may have. So I'll need to cull out more of what I'm putting in the stack of to be considered stuff. After I get finished with the Nikon stuff, I'll move onto my older Olympus camera stuff. I expect this to take at least a couple of months to get through and finish.

Having said that, I'm also finding several new shots I didn't previously even consider. Once they are all reprocessed and gathered together, I'll go to the second stage and watermark them all with my new watermark a friend helped design. I actually have 6 I could use all using his primary design element ( a nice clean and simple one I like ) only each uses a different font.

Just to give a small taste of what's coming later... and this wasn't on the website previously, I'll attach one below. This one is the actual color of the pic as it came out of the camera, it isn't a sepia recolored shot. It's low on the horizen ( obviously from the stalks of whatever I have in the shot ) so dew in the air is likely and probably a bit of dirt to explain the brown sepia-ish color. I know later, it was clear because the shots I took later after the Moon had come up, didn't have either haze or any halo around it. You'll also see a yellowish to redish brown in some other shots I've taken at night, those colors actually come from the sodium lights in the street lamps which gets reflected back down, that is not this color. Had it been the street lights, all of the area left and right of the Moon would have also been lit up from them as well.

Moon in the Grass_DSC_3170_2017-03-15_On1-wm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread