Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I had a long inch and a half round bar I was cutting with my acetylene torch, the cut end dropped off, I picked up the bar no where near the center and it instantly slid in my hand. The glowing red end hit the meaty outside edge of my hand, that was an instant trip to the ER. I ended up with a huge third degree burn that took months to heal, the burning pain lasted weeks. Bought a pair of heavy duty welding gloves after that.

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
I had a long inch and a half round bar I was cutting with my acetylene torch, the cut end dropped off, I picked up the bar no where near the center and it instantly slid in my hand. The glowing red end hit the meaty outside edge of my hand, that was an instant trip to the ER. I ended up with a huge third degree burn that took months to heal, the burning pain lasted weeks. Bought a pair of heavy duty welding gloves after that.

I have been teaching my 11 YO son how to use tools. We are welding this weekend. I frequently quote a great family friend to him, who has broken his back twice along with various other injuries that would kill mortals and still does bucket work for a living "Momma always said if you are going to be dumb, you better be tough".

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Finished up the milling on the main body and covers for this one today. It's kind of funky ... did a herringbone or tire tread type pattern on the front and rear covers. It will have brass trim rings and buttons. Front cover and probably the 510 connector will be cerakoted blue.

4NbMNq5.jpg
hmm not sure how I like the herringbone design. Pictures are a little misleading.

I do like the multicolored centers your using. You need a red, orange and black one (similar to the Damascus one you did, one my favorite designs from you)

Reactions: Tpat591

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
I have been teaching my 11 YO son how to use tools. We are welding this weekend. I frequently quote a great family friend to him, who has broken his back twice along with various other injuries that would kill mortals and still does bucket work for a living "Momma always said if you are going to be dumb, you better be tough".

LoL, how true! Happy to read some people still teach kids to use tools! Now day's in this throw away world no one fixes things anymore, just abuse it till it's broke then buy a new one. My daughter and son in law have to have the latest and greatest as soon as it hits the market. I've been trying to teach that boy how to take care of things, fix stuff and make it last. He's slowly getting it and I think there's hope for him yet.

jonniemac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Rosemount, MN
jmgcoder.imgur.com
hmm not sure how I like the herringbone design. Pictures are a little misleading.

I do like the multicolored centers your using. You need a red, orange and black one (similar to the Damascus one you did, one my favorite designs from you)

It's definitely not for everybody ... but it was a fun experiment inspired by some beautifully machined 1911 grips I saw on Instagram. Still need to machine the brass trim rings/adjustment button and cerakote the front cover.

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
The latest 2 additions to the vape Army :D
Really big Thanks to awsum140 for the moded sleds for real low voltage drop on the 75's :)
One of these is a DNA75, in a Proto vapor Silo & the other is a 200 from MC, Silo (blem)
With buttons from a Proto Silo. Only needed a tiny dimple in the fire button to work perfect.
Again Big Thanks to awsum140 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread