Mike n Tibs DNA Mods!

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Am curious to know what you will find. I bet after you desolder it and put a test lead on it it will magically work...won't that be fun.
Isn't it always the way.................better that than a bad board, plus it'll go back together easier with all the practice.........

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
Finally had a chance... And remembered to post this...

Edit: again thjs is my fault... I should have been more diligent about replacing the charger... They can and do wear out over time...

20150530_214727.jpg

20150530_214733.jpg

Wow! I'm glad you weren't hurt and there wasn't more damage!

Reactions: SkinyFatMan

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
Am curious to know what you will find. I bet after you desolder it and put a test lead on it it will magically work...won't that be fun.
Bench tested O.K., so I guess I'll put it back in and test at every step.......

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Well this is were one of my DNA 40's from Mike Co-Op went :)
Have to say this job isn't for the faint of heart.
There isn't much room to work and there is a small board that holds the + - & fire button
that is not wired correctly for the DNA 40.
You basically have to rewire the whole small board. On a more positive note there is no glue at all in the mod, it's a pretty slick setup with a hollow in the inner wood and a plastic piece that holds it all in place :)
It's a big finger print magnet

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
very nice, steamer! :thumbs:
mike is gonna be surprised to see all those projects when he finally gets back from his lobster excursion! :D

If he comes back...based on the images he has sent, he has had so much shell fish that he will be laid up with gout for a month.

Vince159

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2012
Citrus Heights, CA USA
There isn't much room to work and there is a small board that holds the + - & fire button
You basically have to rewire the whole small board. On a more positive note there is no glue at all in the mod, it's a pretty slick setup with a hollow in the inner wood and a plastic piece that holds it all in place :)

Nice. How long did it take? Are you glad you did it?

Reactions: Steamer861

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA

Nice...I have looked at those but my vape account is near zero according to the blonde beside me who just so happens to be claiming my Hana goldfinger. Meh.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Just thought I'd throw this out there in case it might help someone, something I learned may years ago while twisting wrenches for a living. If you have a poor connection problem and your checking wiring connections with an ohm meter for resistance that's just the first step and may not tell all. If you check resistant, it looks good but you still have problems when you fire it, you'll need to check for voltage drop and here's why. Say you have a wire where all but one strand has broken, when you test with an ohm meter it may show OK because the ohm meter is putting a very small load through the circuit and that one strand can handle that light load. Now try to fire it, put a high load through that one remaining strand and it can't handle it. You can get the same results with a poor connection between connectors or at a solder joint.

Below is a video that makes it simple to understand, remember when you do a voltage drop test check both the positive and negative sides of the circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread