Mini 2.1 Button Press Just Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Is it just me, or does the Mini 2.1 require a harder button push? Or is it the battery size (I'm using an 18490 Aw IMR)? It seems to get the full fire I have to push pretty hard, which activates the spring. So essentially I'm squonking the juice and the battery...lol. With my Grand it's a much lighter press to get a full fire. Also are there button covers for these?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
You might be pushing harder than you have to also.

Hold it to your ear and listen as you lightly push the button. It should only take a soft press to fire.

It is normal to want to mash the button. But with REO's you usually don't have to press that hard.

The button covers will fit and work well to spread out the pressure on your thumb or finger. They look nice too!

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thee are button covers on my site brass aluminum and black delrin .
If you find you have to push hard chances are the positive contact could use a cleaning . Even a new mod can be oxidized especially the mini mods they sit longer then grands

Thanks that seems to have helped a bit. If I read right, I can also use an 18500 with the Mini? If so does it sit more snug in there? Just curious. And I can't believe the mini sits longer, they're so cute!

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You might be pushing harder than you have to also.

Hold it to your ear and listen as you lightly push the button. It should only take a soft press to fire.

It is normal to want to mash the button. But with REO's you usually don't have to press that hard.

The button covers will fit and work well to spread out the pressure on your thumb or finger. They look nice too!

Yeah my fingers need bigger area for sure. I'll have to order a couple on payday.

CalamityJess

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They're just $4 for the black ones! I had them on all my metal REO's that were top firing.

Sweet!!

I'm gonna order a brass button cover and brass RM2. Getting ready for brass door day, and don't want to waste any time buying accessories :drool:

Ohhh brass would look nice with my Brass RM2s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread