Intermittent Firing and Sparkles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valaerion

Aug 12, 2013
Italy
Hi Reoville! Newbie, and happy, Reonaut here!

I bought a Reo Mini 2.1 from Rob two months ago. It worked fine for a month then it started misfiring: when I pressed the button the mod sometimes didn't produce any vapour and it got worse and worse from then.

So I slided down the back cover and i noticed that, when I press the button and the firing pin makes contact with the battery, it produces very little sparkles sometimes.

I tried giving my Mini 2.1 a bath because it was a bit messy on the inside but it didn't fix the problem.

So i tried to switch my atomizer (a Cyclone) with another one (another Cyclone, wich works fine on my brother's Grand) but it still sparkled a bit and won't fire...

I changed the spring, which had loosened a bit in the meantime, hoping to fix the problem and it didn't work...

I applied some noalox several times and when I did the mod worked for a couple hours then the misfiring returned...

One thing I noticed, since I recieved it, is that when i press the firing button, sometimes it ''clicks''... That doesn't happen with my brother's Grand.

I always check several times a coil before using it on my mod so i'm sure the shorts are not caused by it.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix my little beast? I have no ideas left... I was enjoying it so much! I hope I can fix the problem on my own because I'm from Europe and it would take a while to send the REO back to Rob to repair it.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Have you checked if the button is melted? You said it sometimes "clicks", that sounds awfully like it melted a bit and it's not pushing the firing pin all the way without putting a lot of pressure, which means it's doing light contact with the battery which may cause the arcing and sparking you are seeing. Also, what resistance are you using on your atomizer? On the Mini it's better not to push too low. On the other hand did you file the firing pin before applying noalox? If not try that, you need to get rid of the oxidation before applying noalox.

Valaerion

Aug 12, 2013
Italy
The sound you you hear is nothing to worry about if it bothers you I can adjust the mod so it doesn't make the sound anymore . Clean the positive contact like others have stated and you should be right back to vaping like a super star

Oh god... Seems like I did all the fuss I wrote for nothing... I cleaned the positive contact with a file, noaloxed, as Rob said, and seems he's back from the reign of the dead and kicking ... like the first day I got it... Embarassing haha!... And no, the ''click'' doesn't bother me at all, I was just wondering that maybe it was connected to the problem!... Well, I hope this ''fix'' will last... Thanks for the help guys, you're amazing! And I even managed to get a response from the man itslef! Such an honor! Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Oh god... Seems like I did all the fuss I wrote for nothing... I cleaned the positive contact with a file, noaloxed, as Rob said, and seems he's back from the reign of the dead and kicking ... like the first day I got it... Embarassing haha!... Well, I hope this ''fix'' will last... Thanks for the help guys, you're amazing! And I even managed to get a response from the man itslef! Such an honor! Thanks again everyone!

I run about a 1-1.3 ohm coils and work in a dirty atmosphere and have to do a thourough clean every 2 weeks or so

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Just wait 'til I start diving into Grandville/RM2 and DIY eliquids, ya ain't seen noting yet folks

image_zpscb70d4ca.jpg

if I put an 18650 in my VVW then I'm liable to do anything.

image_zpseecf4aba.jpg

RHP

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
No need to be embarrassed everyone has to learn to maintain a mechanical mod . We were all green at one time .

That's so true. Fortunately we have this forum to learn a lot. I'm learning, learning...and loving the process! And, best of all, it is so entertaining! Like RHT just illustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread