mini protank 2 burning juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD_Boater

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Maryland Chesapeake Bay
My wife has a mini protank 2 and over all its works really well. There are a few things you need to know though. First the factory coils that came in the box are 1.8 ohm. If you have a vv device start around 3.7 watts and move up from there. I've noticed a burnt taste as low as 4.3watts.

I think the numbers you mentioned above should be VOLTS? The lowest wattage I can get on my MVP2 is 6W. I thought they all had ~6w as the starting point...

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Any coil can get burned from the first vape if it's not primed properly. When you change a coil, put a drop of juice on it before installing it. As people have said, don't tighten the bottom cap too tightly. Back it off an eighth of a turn so that the cap seal doesn't press against the top wicks. Take a couple of hard primer puffs to draw juice into the wicks.

Every couple of days, pull the flavor wicks off and do a hot water wash and dry burn. Keep some 2mm to 4mm wicking around to replace the flavor wicks. It's hard to remove and replace the flavor wicks without damaging them, so you need replacements if you dry burn.

Remember, once you vape on a dry wick it's almost impossible to restore it to like new operation. Keep it saturated from the first vape onward.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Believe it or not, I've gone through over 20 heads (across either the Aro tank or Protank II) that all tasted burnt or harsh with a silica bite. I've done everything to try and fix them. I finally got one to taste okay by adding my own flavor wicks, but though I'm getting a good amount of flavor, there's simply a taste of dirty dog hair coming through - I know it's still the silica influencing the flavor.

I personally think there may have been a big QC problem with these somewhere down the line. I learned my lesson with it, and am now only going to rebuild. I also tried the iClear 30, and it actually instantly burned on me worse than any Protank head, after letting it sit and absorb juice all night (with primer puffing it too.) I'd almost think the whole replaceable head system is a scam, or takes someone with super dull taste buds for them to be okay. But I know these types of things work - I once had a CE4 that worked as good as any dripper, all the sample devices at vendors seem to work okay, I have no clue what gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread