Mini protank 2 vs mini davide vs clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten myself off of a pack-a-day cigarette habit I've had for about 16-17 years with the Protank 2. No more smelling like a smokestack, no more yellowing teeth, and best of all no more shortness of breath and cough. I love this build even though it's the only one I've tried so far. The only major drawbacks to this build I've had are having to tilt the thing too often when it is running low on e juice to keep the wick wet, having too much liquid to deal with in the tank, and it's bulky size. With a smaller clearomizer I could use less liquid so I wouldn't have to keep too much in the chamber for less tilting. I could dump and try new liquid blends without wasting too much. I can also carry it around more easily in a smaller foam padded pvc tube homemade case that prevents breakage of the glass and the battery connection joint and that I can paint and decorate. So as far as my options are what is a better idea for a mini? are the mini P2 clones as high quality as the official miniP2? How do these compare to the mini Davide which costs about as much as the clone? I plan on rebuilding the coils myself for whatever I get. Do the mini Davide and the Mini P2 use the same coil heads? I keep hearing that the Davides are too "airy" and fail more easily. So if I go with the Mini P2 clone am I saving 5-7 bucks but compromising on quality?
:vapor:

Xeyk

Nov 30, 2013
Colorado
While I can't comment on everything (because I am a little new myself) I can tell you I own a mini Davide. The airy thing I find is a huge plus. This little head can produce a lot of vape because of its airiness. In my experience of failure with it, I didn't realize that it was a teeny bit twisted off at one part, because you can fully disassemble it. I thought it was broken for a while until I took it completely apart and put it back together again. I find it's a great unit for testing samplers of e-juice, because if a juice stinks, you can take it apart, wash it off, and dry it in about 10 minutes if you put in a new atomizer.

I have a Protank myself, and I find the Davide to be leagues better. Just my two cents.

NewVaprr

Mar 6, 2011
Kansas
After trying ego systems, apollo tank, I settled on the Davide Mini... it doesn't leak, it uses the Kanger coils... never thought it airy, but always able to get good flavor with it. Have not had a "failure" yet... but I cycle through 3 coils when vaping... 1 in the tank that I am using for the day, 1 soaking in alcohol and 1 drying... I'm able to get 3-4 weeks out of 3 coils...

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
I've gotten myself off of a pack-a-day cigarette habit I've had for about 16-17 years with the Protank 2. No more smelling like a smokestack, no more yellowing teeth, and best of all no more shortness of breath and cough. I love this build even though it's the only one I've tried so far. The only major drawbacks to this build I've had are having to tilt the thing too often when it is running low on e juice to keep the wick wet, having too much liquid to deal with in the tank, and it's bulky size. With a smaller clearomizer I could use less liquid so I wouldn't have to keep too much in the chamber for less tilting. I could dump and try new liquid blends without wasting too much. I can also carry it around more easily in a smaller foam padded pvc tube homemade case that prevents breakage of the glass and the battery connection joint and that I can paint and decorate. So as far as my options are what is a better idea for a mini? are the mini P2 clones as high quality as the official miniP2? How do these compare to the mini Davide which costs about as much as the clone? I plan on rebuilding the coils myself for whatever I get. Do the mini Davide and the Mini P2 use the same coil heads? I keep hearing that the Davides are too "airy" and fail more easily. So if I go with the Mini P2 clone am I saving 5-7 bucks but compromising on quality?
:vapor:

Welcome to ECF and congrats on quitting smoking. Generally with the bottom coil devices like the ProTank and Davides, you should not have to do much tilting unless your vaping it inverted/sideways (like while lying down). The Mini Davides are great. A bit airy for me, but can be fixed by covering up some of the airholes with tape or your fingers even.

Kaisen

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
It's a Coke vs Pepsi thing when comparing a Mini Davide to a Mini ProTank II....they are largely the same, and the perceived differences are argued both ways. Both are very good. Both have their little cranky issues you'll have to tinker with.

The clones are pretty much junk. How much will you save when a legit Mini PT2 is $10?

It's a Coke vs Pepsi thing when comparing a Mini Davide to a Mini ProTank II....they are largely the same, and the perceived differences are argued both ways. Both are very good. Both have their little cranky issues you'll have to tinker with.

The clones are pretty much junk. How much will you save when a legit Mini PT2 is $10?

Where can I find a legit Mini PT2 for $10?

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
Even though you can rebuild the coils, the mini tanks aren't RBAs. RBAs are meant to only use custom coil and wick assemblies. You can run the mini tanks with store bought coil head assemblies if you want.

I'd vote for the Mini Davide tank. Some clones are good, some are bad, they lack consistency.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
To start, I don't own the mini's of either yet. That said, I will give you my opinion anyway ... :lol:

From everything I have seen on the topic, both the Davide and the PT 2 minis are excellent. It boils down to a matter of preference on which one to go with. I use the full size ones myself, and can say I love my PT 2 but I am picking up a Davide to try it out and compare for myself.

I would STAY AWAY from the clones! You may save a little money up front, but run into other issues, like the coils not fitting properly or working, or leaking, or cracking or ... you get the idea. I got a free MT3 clone that was AWESOME until I had to replace the coil, NONE of the authentic coils worked in it. Now it just sits on my shelf (someday I will try to recoil it myself and see how that goes), thankfully I was able to use the coils in my other tanks.

As always though ... YMMV!

HTH

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I own/use "mini" clearos. I think I've got a dozen or more at the moment.

Mini Protank (4) Mini Davide (1) iClear16 (4) evods (3)

I guess the amount I have shows my preference. I only ever bought one non-brand clearomiser and it fried my eGo-K instantly. Killed the electrics. Saved $2 to lose $15. :(

The mini davide has marginally more taste (to me) than the mini Protank, but I got some dry hits with the "holes-in-the-base" arrangement.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread