• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Mini San Diego Meet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
Saturday the 18th in Old Town.

Maybe closer to noon is better. or 1PM?
We can just pick a meeting place, and wing it from there if you like. There are plenty of restaurants, or places to grab a drink.
I'll just toss my effects in a backpack if we feel like meandering. It might be nice to walk around anyhow.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
It doesn't matter to me what time everyone meets up. I'll go with the majority. With a place like OT, one could go anytime and find LOTs to do. I might even go super early and go through a couple of museums that are right in the main part of town. I'm looking forward to it. Sounds like fun, and I just luv the Bazaar del Mundo.

With the OT link in Sanford's post #14 (thanks for that Sanford), maybe we could pick out ONE location to all originate at. That way I won't have to show up with a big poster sign that says Seabrook on it, hoping somebody will see me cluelessly roaming the street and come rescue me, LOL. Is there a possibility of that?

Please and thank you,
Seabrook

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I didn't know there were any museums in Old Town, what kind are they?

This is the link that sanfordf (in post #14) supplied us for all the info on Old Town. To find the museums, just click on either History or Attractions. One of the museums is the Museum Tequila. Old Town is known to serve more tequila than any other place in the world.

http://www.oldtownsandiegoguide.com/restaurants.html

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This is the link that sanfordf (in post #14) supplied us for all the info on Old Town. To find the museums, just click on either History or Attractions. One of the museums is the Museum Tequila. Old Town is known to serve more tequila than any other place in the world.

Restaurants in Old Town
There are quite a few interesting museums, I had no idea!
Looks like a good day trip for the wife and I some day.

I saw mention of the words Tequila Museum, but I'm not sure there actually is a Tequila Museum.
It seemed more like they were sayinig that Old Town is like a Tequila Museum.

But if there is one, that would be my first stop.
I LOVE tequila.
:)

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
I LOVE tequila.

I like tequila!

:laugh: Anybody every try a Hot Buttered Tequila?:facepalm:

Well, ya know, if everyone likes OT, maybe that would be a good central, easy location for future meets for those of us in SD Co. If we're on our best behavior and kiss a lot of ...:closedeyes:, maybe we can find a sympathetic and accommodating club manager amidst the many clubs there.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
It might be a good idea to have a place that has both indoor and outdoor options since we've got a chance of crappy or happy weather.

Yep, greeeaaattt idea! I just looked at weather.com's 10-day forecast, and yaaaaay, it's going to be raining! Looks like I'll be wearing jeans over three pairs of pantyhose, LOL.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Hmm,....I wonder if my PVs will short out in the rain! I will be off on the 18th, so I can attend!

Thanks for the weather report Seabrook.

So, if we wing it, and 'vape gang' a place. We have to find one that has covered, but outdoors, areas for the tar stickers. Preferably with heat lamps.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
You're welcome for the weather report, Sanford. What I didn't report on though, was how cold weather.com says it's going to be. I'm leaving that a surprise for y'all :laugh: About the heat lamps -- yep, that would be a great find, alright.

Okay, I'm rsvp'g with a Yes also. Have we decided on what time or what place we'll originate at or are we just going to hope we all run into each other eventually?

Please and thank you,
Sea

hamdamann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Charlotte NC
hey i calling some places trying to get a reservation for the 18th so we have a place to chill im looking for one with a covered patio or someplace in side i found one place and made a reservation for 1 pm at Rockin Baja At 3890 Twiggs St in old town they have a back patio with a fireplace and umbrellas if it rains they only do one check so it would be best if everyone could bring cash i made the reservation for around 15 people i think that should be good let me know if this works with everyone the manager there also has an Ecig so he should be very accommodating

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Pretty much any time works for me.

I think it might be a good thing if there is the threat of rain.
Old Town would probably be far less crowded, and restaurants might be hurting for customers just a bit.
That would hopefully make them more likely to allow us to vape, at least outside, if not even possibly inside.

If we can find a good place that will let us, at least next time we'll know for sure we have a place to go.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
hey i calling some places trying to get a reservation for the 18th so we have a place to chill im looking for one with a covered patio or someplace in side i found one place and made a reservation for 1 pm at Rockin Baja At 3890 Twiggs St in old town they have a back patio with a fireplace and umbrellas if it rains they only do one check so it would be best if everyone could bring cash i made the reservation for around 15 people i think that should be good let me know if this works with everyone the manager there also has an Ecig so he should be very accommodating
That place is great! If they let us vape there we would be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread