Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Just wondering if anyone has had a gurgling, leaking problem with the mini Unitank?
I've had two this week that are fine to start with then start gurgling and leaking at the base and give a little siphoning too.

A few times I tried blowing down the top in case it was liquid in the inner tube, but all that happened is the whole lot blew out eventually!
The coils are the spares that came in the box with the tank, and changing them didn't help.

I liked these tanks so much at first, that when they were on offer price, I bought some to have to hand.
Could be that the two leaking ones I've had this week are more recent manufacture - don't know because I didn't label them for date or supplier.

I have another two already in current use that are working fine.
I just ordered a mini Aerotank and a MOW to see what they're like - they have the new V2 dual coils though, and all my spares are single!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
My MOW and mega are fine. Its just the mini I'm having trouble with. It worked great for a month.
I did throw a MOW in the basket at the same time ..had been curious about them, so thought I'd try one. Glad yours is working fine!
You'd think that by now big manufacturers would be producing tanks that work perfectly! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
The MOW is a nice little tank and the steel sleeve helps protect the glass. If I can't get the mini to work right again, I may just get another MOW. It does whistle loudy but I don't care. The Mega is super quiet if that matters to anyone.
I got a nice blue one- it'll look nice on top of my white Spinner ll! :) I see both that and the Aerotank use the new V2 coils.

Have you tried a fix for the Unitank similar to that shown in the Youtube video? I don't have any silica wick, but could perhaps get a little if it does work.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I got a nice blue one- it'll look nice on top of my white Spinner ll! :) I see both that and the Aerotank use the new V2 coils.

Have you tried a fix for the Unitank similar to that shown in the Youtube video? I don't have any silica wick, but could perhaps get a little if it does work.

I can't. I only have the new dual coils. I'm not convinced its a coil issue because 3 in a row are leaking.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I can't. I only have the new dual coils. I'm not convinced its a coil issue because 3 in a row are leaking.
Of course: dual coils! :)
I felt the same about it being a coil specific fault, but wondered if it would fix it anyway. Someone is going to send me a few inches of silica and I'll try one. Could be a couple of weeks though.
I wish I'd marked mine as to where I'd bought them - I've bought quite a few but from three different suppliers!
I suppose I should try to get in touch with Kanger to see what they say!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have an answer about my mini. When I got it a month ago I had never had a clearo. The first 4 months I used the eGo t system with the mouth piece cartridges and metal attys. The mini arrived and one of the o rings had come out and was with the SS tank sleeve you can use in place of the glass. I just thought it went with that. So I used it without that o ring and had no issues! Well, see, I changed the glass piece a few days ago after a drop made a tiny chip in the original. And the new glass didn't seat ok without that o ring. So, problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread