Mixing E -Liquid with VG (flavour)

Status
Not open for further replies.

memento21

Mar 19, 2012
Scotland
Hi again folks.
I do tend to start every post with a thank you to everyone for replying to my questions. You guys are great!
The only problem is that it is that tv program 'Lost'. I get the answer to one question one day but then get another 10 in my head which keeps me coming back ;) !!
Anyway, after my rather poor analogy, back to my question!!
Ok so if you have followed my diary like posting you will be familiar with my issues involving PG juices. Let's just say, for the first week we had a fight and it kicked my ....
After licking my wounds and having a few one night stands with anolgues I decided to try VG.
I have to say, it has been great in terms of everything except flavour. Rather than go crawling back with my tail between my legs to my old master, Mr analogue, I decided to give mixing a try. This has gone well after lots of help from you guys answering my rather tedious and often ridiculas questions.
Sorry to say I have a few more.
Sooooooooooo, here it goes.
Firstly, I have been mixing pretty much 100% VG (although sometimes I have mixed a little vodka). I have found that taste is very muted. I am looking to get as clean a taste as possible. Does mixing with water only thin the VG or does it make the VG better for carrying flavour? Does Vodka improve the ability to carry flavours too (i havent noticed much difference with the vodka myself but hey I may add too much or not enough)?
Also, does anyone know any other tips to bring out the flavour?
I know that PG heavy mixes react really badly with my throat and skin. I know there are loads of other people who have had this problem but I was thinking maybe if I thinned the VG with maybe 20 percent PG, it might not react so badly (if at all with me). Has anyone had success with this technique and if so how what percent pg did they add?
On a side note, does anyone know what the Totally Wicked flavours have as a base, is it PG, Vg or something totally different?
Many thanks for reading this novel and thanks for the responses in advance :)

I would also like to take this oppertunity to apologise for my grammar and spelling etc, it's worse than a five year olds.
My second and final apology is to all the 5 year olds out there, they clearly have a better grasp basic grammar than me ;)

liveone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Yo Memento. If ya can't use pg, ya gotta use vg even if it takes more flavoring. I've heard the some distilled water can make vg work better with a carto. If you are doing diy and suing 100% vg, just put in some more flavoring incrementally until desired presence is achieved.

Good luck and I'm interested in hearing about your results.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's worth a try. You may not react badly to low PG mixes. I would give it a shot. Just a bit of PG (20% sounds about right). Now, this may or may not work but I would try. I like some VG but I don't think I'd care for 100% VG either. Maybe a low PG-mix might fix your problems.....

elfstone

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
OH
Hi again folks.
The only problem is that it is that tv program 'Lost'.

...and "Location: Scotland"

Oh, boy, now I can't get this out of my mind:

YouTube

Anyway, I'm not sure about Totally Wicked flavors, but most flavors out there are PG or alcohol based.

To kill two birds, have a look at these http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/270008-new-super-concentrated-flavors.html They work really well at very low percentages and they are alcohol based.

PittBoss

Vaping like a boss
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Lincoln, NE
I will have to throw out a +1 on elfstone's super concentrated flavours link, great stuff at VZ..Else, when mixing 100% VG, using some drops of distilled water or PGA will help thin it out and then you can use a little more flavour to get it to where you want. I'm also pretty sure that TW's flavours are PG based, FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread