Mixing in Zero nic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
I have had a hard time going from 6mg to 0 so I went to 4mg then 2mg then 0. I still crave though so I just deal with the feeling because it is not very strong and passes if I just vape 0mg thru it. I did find that making some 0mg and some 4mg and not labeling the bottles helps me to not ponder if I am using nic. I also went with a completely new juice flavor to throw off my senses and make me crave things other than nic. I am now using a smokey tobacco flavor instead of my usual blueberry. I wouldn't just drop to 8mg I would either slowly drop or use 0 at intervals and then increase the 0 while quitting the use of the 8.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
I've been using zero nic since mid July. I tapered down over the last year and a half by 6 mg. every 3 or 4 months. I started at 24 mg.
I've been mixing my own juice since March 2010 so cutting back was easy. I only did 6 mg. for two weeks and decided that 6 mg. was hardly enough to bother with so I just went to zero.

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
I've been using zero nic since mid July. I tapered down over the last year and a half by 6 mg. every 3 or 4 months. I started at 24 mg.
I've been mixing my own juice since March 2010 so cutting back was easy. I only did 6 mg. for two weeks and decided that 6 mg. was hardly enough to bother with so I just went to zero.

and this has worked out for you? Did you have a big adjustment when you went to zero?

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Just for a perspective from the other direction. I had quit completely for 3 years, and took up vaping because I missed playing with the "smoke" and the "ritual" of smoking, if you will.

I started out with 0 nic for nearly a month, then tried some 6mg just to see if I could tell a difference. The 6mg seemed to give me a bit of a "lift", sort of like you'd get from a cup of coffee, so I gradually started using 6mg. That was okay for a while but then I started to notice I wasn't getting the lift as much so I tried 12mg. (You know where this is going, right? :) )

Anyway, to make a long story short, I tried upping the nic level until at 24mg, I decided that was TOO much. I then dropped back to 18 and have been there ever since. But even at 18mg, I find that if I'm not able to vape for extended periods of time, it's not really a problem. Vaping is something I do when it's convenient, rather than, with smoking, because I *had* to have my "fix".

Truthfully, nicotine is probably one of the LEAST harmful substances in cigarettes, although it's certainly been vilified in the media and anti-smoking campaigns.

Even if you stay where you are now, you're WAY better off than you were smoking.

Hmmmmm....I didn't realize that folks were after getting to 0mg nic. I should have, I suppose, but that just must have passed under my radar.

Personally, I *am* after the nic in my vaping, and vape 36mg or 32mg juice pretty-much all day long. Since I'm newly off tobacco, maybe that'll lessen as time passes, though that's not my agenda.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Flavour art makes 'qhit' which is meant to mimic a TH. I know there was some real base with something similar premixed with it but I can't remember who made it or what it was called now.

I vape 0mg at times, sometimes for a few days at a time. I don't often vape higher than 6mg either. I can tolerate 0mg for a while and feel no real withdrawal symptoms. My nic intake is so low I did a 20 hour high stress journey without vaping anything at all without feeling like I really needed to. The only reason I'm still on 6mg is there is still a TH there and just tastes better overall.

At some point I'll get in some qhit and mix it in with some diy juice but just now I'm ok mixing 0mg days with low nic days. If you find the right flavour, 0mg from 8mg shouldn't be terrible, just TH devoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread