skipping along the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
Everything has been going very well on my 0 nic kick. At one point I went four days without nic. A couple of things are strange to me though.

I thought that fourth day would be tough and it was. I felt a deep depression and just went back up to eight. I was fine shortly there after.

It's funny even when I'm doing 0 nic I still feel the urge to vape but with zero throat hit I wonder why. Is this just the psychological addiction?

Day 4 was tough but this was still much easier than cold turkey all the way down from stinkies. I will definitely eventually get off the nicotine.

I'm tired a lot and eating everything in sight also. Has anyone here gone through getting down to zero and just quitting?

Thanks!

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Yes, I have tried 0mg and it's pretty awful. In the end I decided that if I was only using 4 - 8mg nicotine and only get as much of a perk out of it as having a coffee then honestly, what's the point in trying to get to 0mg. If I'm going to be inhaling chemicals, I might as well include one that gives the throat hit that's satisfying.

0mg is hard, it's the lack of a throat hit and fullness to the vapour that makes it so hard. My 5 minute vape break at work feels like I wasted my time breathing in flavoured air. There is no longer a satisfaction in vaping. If I was to be given a juice that had the exact throat hit of nicotine, and was told it was nicotine in there, I really doubt I'd notice I was getting no nicotine.

I've gone at most three days with 0mg but it's never going to do what even 4mg will do. I figured that I switched to vaping because it's an alternative to smoking and seemed less likely to severely damage my body by the time I hit 30. So why, really, should I have to suffer through 0mg when the nicotine is no more harmful than a lot of things I put into my body on a daily basis.

It's just my reason to have stopped trying to "quit" because I never really wanted to quit in the first place if that makes sense.

Last edited:

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
Yes, I have tried 0mg and it's pretty awful. In the end I decided that if I was only using 4 - 8mg nicotine and only get as much of a perk out of it as having a coffee then honestly, what's the point in trying to get to 0mg. If I'm going to be inhaling chemicals, I might as well include one that gives the throat hit that's satisfying.

0mg is hard, it's the lack of a throat hit and fullness to the vapour that makes it so hard. My 5 minute vape break at work feels like I wasted my time breathing in flavoured air. There is no longer a satisfaction in vaping. If I was to be given a juice that had the exact throat hit of nicotine, and was told it was nicotine in there, I really doubt I'd notice I was getting no nicotine.

I've gone at most three days with 0mg but it's never going to do what even 4mg will do. I figured that I switched to vaping because it's an alternative to smoking and seemed less likely to severely damage my body by the time I hit 30. So why, really, should I have to suffer through 0mg when the nicotine is no more harmful than a lot of things I put into my body on a daily basis.

It's just my reason to have stopped trying to "quit" because I never really wanted to quit in the first place if that makes sense.

It does make sense. That's why my feelings aren't nearly as bad as if I had slipped back to analogs. I'm doing 6-8 for a while and then will try this again.

I can go a while vaping 0 nic. A lot of my vaping is mindless chain vaping and I really think that my body got tricked for a while there.

The important thing for me is that this is a process. Failure is not really failure, just an opportunity to learn and try again later. :)

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Have you heard about qhit? It's some non-nicotine DIY base that's meant to simulate nicotine. I haven't actually tried it yet though. If it's close enough, now that I DIY I might have to try it out and find out if I can go to 0mg for longer than the 3 days I did before.

It's meant to be more like peppery TH as from a peppercorn and can pretty much just burn your throat if it's too high a concentraton. I don't know about you but it was the TH that was the only real clincher for me.

I could just have a coffee instead of vaping and I could just tell myself I just ate so I can wait up until the next meal time to eat something. I just couldn't go for more than a few days at a time without sitting down and feeling like I needed to breathe something in I could feel.

It's definately nowhere near in the same league as quitting smoking, at all, whatsoever. I'm gonna ramble a little... I did a flight to the USA two years ago when I smoked and I needed a cigarette on the long haul flight. I really, really needed it. I did the exact same flight this year, and I didn't need to vape at all. I had my egos in my bag just at my feet on every flight, in every airport I went through and just didn't vape or felt like I had to. It was then that I knew I am not addicted to nicotine or vaping in the same way I was when I smoked.

If I ever decided I was going to quit vaping I think I'd have to just stop it completely and not use 0mg because I'll vape more often and feel more dissatisfied with it every time I do. It's more breaking a habit that isn't known to be terrible for me so I don't feel like I have to and therefore have no real reason to. I don't even know why I was down to 0mg to try it out, I just wanted to try it out I guess lol

If I get qhit in and batch it up I'll let you know though. It'll be interesting to find out if I'm right about only needing the TH or if I really do need nicotine to function properly.

kabonk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2010
NW Detroit Burbs
I went from 12mg to 0mg that lasted for about a day and 1/2 what I noticed was I was having a hard time concentrating at work and a nagging headache, so I decided to take a different approach I went from 12mg down to 8mg for about a month now I'm at 6mg in another month I'll drop to 4mg to 2mg to 0mg

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ

Yea, that's how I feel. Especially if it makes you want to eat more. No thanks.

7less7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
I have no idea if and when I would have zero nic. I beleive for me I would be done with vaping by that point. People have asked me if I plan on not vaping someday, I reply .... no because I love it to much!
Everything has been going very well on my 0 nic kick. At one point I went four days without nic. A couple of things are strange to me though.

I thought that fourth day would be tough and it was. I felt a deep depression and just went back up to eight. I was fine shortly there after.

It's funny even when I'm doing 0 nic I still feel the urge to vape but with zero throat hit I wonder why. Is this just the psychological addiction?

Day 4 was tough but this was still much easier than cold turkey all the way down from stinkies. I will definitely eventually get off the nicotine.

I'm tired a lot and eating everything in sight also. Has anyone here gone through getting down to zero and just quitting?

Thanks!

That's me, too. I hd seen a banner ad on a website from Blu that said "Don't quit - switch!", and that's really what got me headed in the vaping direction.

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
First thing I get asked by non smokers is "how long do you stay on that thing" I say "Duno never got that far yet"
I know that the idea of replacing one habit with another is anathema to some people, I don't see it that way.
I've known too many people die of smoking related diseases to see vaping and smoking as two similar habits.
Anyway I liked smoking, I would never have quit if not for the health risk. Now I have reduced that risk to a level that I can balance with the benefits.
If you succeed in finding a 0% nic juice that satisfies your needs good for you, Let us all know cos I would definably give it a go. Right now I use 24mg for my daily vape and 12 for the night time mindless TV watching vaping. Works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread