The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Mixing vg , pg & nic in advance

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by MUE3N, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MUE3N

MUE3N Full Member

Feb 20, 2018
    just a quick question i was wondering if its possible to mix vg , pg & nic and letting that sit in a cupboard until im ready to add concentrates in an effort to reduce time mixing ?

eg one day sit and make 10 30ml bottles with just vg , pg & nic and take one and add concentrates as needed ?

just want to know if its a good idea or if those three sitting together would mess something up....

TIA

• Like Like x 1
  2. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Sure, a lot of us do some variation of that. I mix up about 1/2 a liter of PG, VG, and nic at a time and then just shake it up and pour it into a smaller bottle with flavoring whenever I feel like making something.

The only issue would be how big a variation of flavoring percentages you use. I always use very little flavoring. Plus, I'm not super picky about my exact nic strength. As long as it's in the general area of 12 mg/ml. A little more, a little less, no problem.

But, if your flavoring percentages vary a lot, it'll make bigger changes to the base (PG, VG, nic) you would need. That wouldn't work so well for pre-mixing.

You might ask for more suggestions in the DIY Forum.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    Not a problem, nicotine is already sitting in PG or VG or both when you purchase it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. MUE3N

MUE3N Full Member

Feb 20, 2018
    thanks im gonna sit down for a good half hour making 70 vg 30 pg mixes tonight :thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yep, there is absolutely no reason not to do that if that is your preference, and I could certainly see that cutting down some actual mixing time. Provided you have the storage to do it (nic is really best kept cold, even frozen, but if you have freezer/fridge space for your mixes, no reason not to do so, and if you think you will be steeping with flavors soon there may not be a need for refrigeration (although personally, I would do so).

Best of luck

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    When taking nic out of fridge or freezer let it come to room temp before opening the bottle. It avoids the inside of bottle getting condensation.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Sure. Lots of us do this. It's what many of us call making "Pre-Mix".

If the Nicotine Level you use and the PG to VG Ratios don't change, it makes Mixing a Recipe very simple. Just Measure out the Pre-Mix, add Flavoring/Sweetener, and you're done.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Just want to mention that for me and some others, the steep clock starts ticking the minute you add any flavor(s). Steeping/aging mean all components in the mix must be present when clocking the mix.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. NealBJr

NealBJr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.
    I see very few problems with that.. just let it sit in some place cold and dark so the nic doesn't go bad.

The only problem I see, is if you wanted to get an EXACT amount of PG, VG, or nicotine. Premixing the VG/PG/Nic might give you %5-%10 difference in levels. For example, if you mixed a %6 nic with PG and VG.. by the time you add flavorings, it might be 5.5mg/ml instead of 6. Personally, I'm fine with "close". I don't think I'd notice that little of a change, and it would make it super easy to mix.

And one more suggestion... I recommend getting 100ml bottles. That has simplified my mixing dramatically. I bought 100mg/ml base, and I use 100ml bottles. I know exactly where the 100ml line is at. So, if I wanted a 6mg/ml juice, I add 6ml of nicotine. if I want a 12mg/ml juice, I add 12mg of nicotine base. For flavorings, I think in percentages.

Example:
    Right now, I am vaping on %6 caramel(LA), %8 vanilla custard(Capv2) and added %1 vape wizard. and 6mg/ml of nicotine. When I made it I took my 100ml bottle.. added 6ml caramel, 8ml vanilla custard, 1ml vape wizard, and 6ml of nicotine. I filled the rest with VG up to the 100ml mark... and I'm done. No math involved. I get my flavors and nic in pg, so in that example, I ended up with a %15pg/%85 VG mix. If I wanted to make a 50/50 mix, I add the nic, and flavors.. and just keep adding the PG until I get 50ML of nic/flavors/pg.. then fill the rest with VG up to the 100ml mark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.