Mixing vg , pg & nic in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUE3N

Feb 20, 2018
just a quick question i was wondering if its possible to mix vg , pg & nic and letting that sit in a cupboard until im ready to add concentrates in an effort to reduce time mixing ?

eg one day sit and make 10 30ml bottles with just vg , pg & nic and take one and add concentrates as needed ?

just want to know if its a good idea or if those three sitting together would mess something up....

TIA

Reactions: stols001

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Sure, a lot of us do some variation of that. I mix up about 1/2 a liter of PG, VG, and nic at a time and then just shake it up and pour it into a smaller bottle with flavoring whenever I feel like making something.

The only issue would be how big a variation of flavoring percentages you use. I always use very little flavoring. Plus, I'm not super picky about my exact nic strength. As long as it's in the general area of 12 mg/ml. A little more, a little less, no problem.

But, if your flavoring percentages vary a lot, it'll make bigger changes to the base (PG, VG, nic) you would need. That wouldn't work so well for pre-mixing.

You might ask for more suggestions in the DIY Forum.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, there is absolutely no reason not to do that if that is your preference, and I could certainly see that cutting down some actual mixing time. Provided you have the storage to do it (nic is really best kept cold, even frozen, but if you have freezer/fridge space for your mixes, no reason not to do so, and if you think you will be steeping with flavors soon there may not be a need for refrigeration (although personally, I would do so).

Best of luck

Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
just a quick question i was wondering if its possible to mix vg , pg & nic and letting that sit in a cupboard until im ready to add concentrates in an effort to reduce time mixing ?

eg one day sit and make 10 30ml bottles with just vg , pg & nic and take one and add concentrates as needed ?

just want to know if its a good idea or if those three sitting together would mess something up....

TIA

Sure. Lots of us do this. It's what many of us call making "Pre-Mix".

If the Nicotine Level you use and the PG to VG Ratios don't change, it makes Mixing a Recipe very simple. Just Measure out the Pre-Mix, add Flavoring/Sweetener, and you're done.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Just want to mention that for me and some others, the steep clock starts ticking the minute you add any flavor(s). Steeping/aging mean all components in the mix must be present when clocking the mix.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.

TIA

I see very few problems with that.. just let it sit in some place cold and dark so the nic doesn't go bad.

The only problem I see, is if you wanted to get an EXACT amount of PG, VG, or nicotine. Premixing the VG/PG/Nic might give you %5-%10 difference in levels. For example, if you mixed a %6 nic with PG and VG.. by the time you add flavorings, it might be 5.5mg/ml instead of 6. Personally, I'm fine with "close". I don't think I'd notice that little of a change, and it would make it super easy to mix.

And one more suggestion... I recommend getting 100ml bottles. That has simplified my mixing dramatically. I bought 100mg/ml base, and I use 100ml bottles. I know exactly where the 100ml line is at. So, if I wanted a 6mg/ml juice, I add 6ml of nicotine. if I want a 12mg/ml juice, I add 12mg of nicotine base. For flavorings, I think in percentages.

Example:
Right now, I am vaping on %6 caramel(LA), %8 vanilla custard(Capv2) and added %1 vape wizard. and 6mg/ml of nicotine. When I made it I took my 100ml bottle.. added 6ml caramel, 8ml vanilla custard, 1ml vape wizard, and 6ml of nicotine. I filled the rest with VG up to the 100ml mark... and I'm done. No math involved. I get my flavors and nic in pg, so in that example, I ended up with a %15pg/%85 VG mix. If I wanted to make a 50/50 mix, I add the nic, and flavors.. and just keep adding the PG until I get 50ML of nic/flavors/pg.. then fill the rest with VG up to the 100ml mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread