Status
Not open for further replies.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
I have the idea of how to do it from both previous threads on here and having a bit of a read up. The calculating is the easy part for me but it just picking a method of doing standalone or mix all together at once. I have been vaping the last 6 years but also smoking till the last month and found only like brown sugar cinnamon, brulee. Are the ones i like. But mostly use tobacco to represent real smoking.
Your tastes may (probably will) change the longer you're off cigarettes.

Hello, by the way.

Reactions: stols001

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
Your tastes may (probably will) change the longer you're off cigarettes.

Hello, by the way.
Yep the longer i am off the smokes they do change 6 months the longest and the tastes become more strict as that time goes on. It would start at 6 flavours and end up with 3 that i liked by the end of that 6 months and in need of falling back to the tobacco taste is sort of why i end up back smoking. But making at home does give me the option to make the flavours the way i want. Except for tobacco. Out of every tobacco flavour i have tried. Tribeca is do-able but only black note i can take to.

Hello to you too :p

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Tobacco flavour i don't think i will take to any that i would be able to be making diy and i am not going all out for extracting tobacco leaves haha if there is an extract rather than artificial for the diy please do tell :)
I have not tried these tobacco extracts but found them for someone else doing DIY and they like them.
Maybe check them out. They're based out of Italy and have very many tobacco flavors.

Flavours La Tabaccheria - Genuine Made in Italy Tobacco Extracts for Ecig

Shop: Shop - La Tabaccheria

Concentrates: La Tabaccheria Tobacco Extracts - Concentrates

Tips for use: La Tabaccheria Tobacco Extracts - Instructions and Warnings

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Many flavors act strange when combined (some call it "muting") then it's hard to tell where you went wrong

I'm curious - Where did you get the info that there are many flavors that result in "muting", when they're combined. The only flavoring I've heard of or seen mentioned (in almost 5 years doing DIY) that sometimes causes "muting" of another flavoring in a mix when too much of it is used...is TFA Cotton Candy (because it is Ethyl Maltol, or EM for short).

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
Many flavors act strange when combined (some call it "muting") then it's hard to tell where you went wrong (I've been doing lots of homework) In such tiny batches, I measure VG and PG (in my case the nicotine is in the PG) and mix a larger batch of this, then use a syringe (with no needle) to measure the 5ml for each bottle, then add drops of flavor concentrate) Problem with drops is they can range from 20 to 40 per ml... my flavor bottles produce very small drops (like 40/ml) eye dropper drops are much bigger. When you finally mix larger batches, don't use drops!
My flavours seem good so it is not that i would need to worry about. I don't do by drops it can be quite inaccurate. after consideration decided i will create a recipe using my maths rather than make standalone and then mix Along with how i would create in real food. I can't do flavours for long i need tobacco.

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
I have not tried these tobacco extracts but found them for someone else doing DIY and they like them.
Maybe check them out. They're based out of Italy and have very many tobacco flavors.

Thank you. I am going to have a good look at them

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

I tried a couple of these (though don't recall which) when I was staying in Rome last year, and they were good. Not sure if they were better than Black Note, but probably cheaper to ship to Ireland from another EU country. if shipping costs aren't a big deal, I'm also a fan of Naturally Extracted Tobaccos and Real Tobacco Extracts in the US. I like their tobaccos with various flavors added. For pure tobacco, BlackNote gets my vote.

DIY Apprentice

Jul 26, 2019
Ireland
I tried a couple of these (though don't recall which) when I was staying in Rome last year, and they were good. Not sure if they were better than Black Note, but probably cheaper to ship to Ireland from another EU country. if shipping costs aren't a big deal, I'm also a fan of Naturally Extracted Tobaccos and Real Tobacco Extracts in the US. I like their tobaccos with various flavors added. For pure tobacco, BlackNote gets my vote.
Ye i was getting 10 bottles per order the shipping balances out the more you get but if it were possible making at home i thought to myself that would be good. No one over here really know of blacknote unfortunately

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can do what you are suggesting, in fact I did that (on a much smaller scale) when I started and combined in my tank to get an idea of what went with what.

You should not do it on a grand scale YET however. A) You don't know what percentages of flavor work for you yet. Also, you don't know which flavors intensify with steeping versus which ones fade. For example, for me, rhubarb is a known fader. I am not going to steep it for 18 months as I combine it with other flavors.

For some flavors, perhaps custards, Bavarian cream etc., a good long steep can be a good thing. Some mixers WILL mix up large batches of those and I believe they are called "stones."

However even after combining with another flavor mix and one that may fade a bit, it may still need a bit of steeping, with the flavors to meld together and whatever.

So, you aren't exactly on the wrong track if you ask me, EVERY new mixer has to decide how they will start and there isn't a TON wrong with your approach other than perhaps VOLUME of mixing.

Anna

Reactions: smacuser
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread